Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

We don't have math majors, which is why our ratios are off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aetius, Feb 7, 2010.

1. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

I'm a psychic. I'm seeing Felicite rabidly supported Hillary Clinton's political career but being unable to answer any significant questions about her policies. I'm Seeing, bumper stickers about women's lib and girls being able to do anything. I'm seeing at least 5 major papers through her under grad involving the glass ceiling imposed on women in industry. I'm seeing, I'm seeing, cats. So many cats. The horror! Oh god it's awful! I'm seeing signed copies of everything Germaine Greer has ever published.

2. Polarfsu

Polarfsu
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=53301235&ref=search&sid=719786388.220353613..1

3. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For the lazy and facebook-blocked, here is her public profile picture:

[​IMG]

4. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Argyle sweaters covered in cat fur, pretty solid chances that she believes in womyn's magyk, and a vocal belief that the guy should do all the work and she should just have cock and compliments delivered to her because she has a vagina, and she can't get laid? I just can't understand it.

5. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't neglect the photo collage in the background. I mean seriously she has her cat in her facebook profile picture, she knows the very first thing prospective facebookers will see is a picture of her with her cat and wonders why guys ignore her.

6. BrianH

BrianH
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I will say this: when I was stationed at Fort Bragg, our weekend ritual was always a road trip up to Chapel Hill to plunder the semi-spoiled female riches that lie therein. Most of the guys that were our "competition" exuded the sort of foppish, quasi-aristocratic southern douchebaggery that makes their female counterparts crave something more masculine.

Enter Stage Left: Army Infantry.

It be sure, it was like shooting fish in a barrel. It got to the point that we became bored with "the chase" and simply went to Chapel Hill hoping that some half-wit frat boy would try to pick a fight... which they did. Often. Apparently nobody fights anymore, and 18 year old guys decided that saying ridiculously antagonistic things to other men would result in a shouting match, followed by a bar ejection... but not fisticuffs. More than a few Burberry tweed doofuses learned a valuable lesson about respect after calling my girlfriend a "whore" after having their advances rejected.

But I digress.

7. Lorelei

Lorelei
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

This is just complete garbage reporting with quotes from a pathetic group of girls. I'm a UNC grad from just a few years ago and we had the same male/female ratio. I have never been to a bar in Chapel Hill that looked like those photos. I find it absolutely laughable that these girls are gushing about their inability to find male companions when I cannot remember a single time where bars weren't balanced in the opposite (I realize this is an anecdote, but in my time there the number of Duke, State, and military guys more than supplemented the skewed gender ratio of the campus itself).

For the most part, like Brian H mentioned, Chapel Hill is easy hunting grounds for guys- but not because of the ratio. So many of the available males there are such tools, that the girls latch onto anything breathing and remotely intelligent/witty.

8. fly1180

fly1180
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Obviously you all missed the best part. This is the link in her profile: <a class="postlink" href="http://ohiocollegeclowningarts.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ohiocollegeclowningarts.com/</a>

9. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Holy shit, 30 weeks for between $1300.00 and $2200.00 to learn to be a clown. I'm fucking speachless.

10. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There has to be "wahoo" potential in here somewhere. Someone, please, find something good.

[In the interest of full disclosure, I deal with legal liability occasionally at work, though I have no formal legal education... and I'm not overly certain Chater et. al. would be willing to take the legal risks (am I right?) associated with "encouraging" potential "harassment" of that nature. Though if they didn't encourage it...]

11. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Yes I know, I have a dorothy parker quote in my signature. If you can't see the difference between Dorothy Parker's brand of femminism ('Stop censoring me and stop censoring women who like to fuck) and Germaine Greer ('Men are an evolutionary left over, destined to be bred out of existence. Heterosexual intercourse is rape') - then I can't help you.

12. WASPnest

WASPnest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Are you suggesting that the clown-college-attending cat-owner with the "look at all the friends I have" photo-wall and the saturated profile picture with her hair in her face, the one who's complaining, under her full name, in a national newspaper, that guys aren't enough like Edward Cullen, deserves a wahoo?

Because I'll need a minute to finish shanking these orphans.

13. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

God damn it, now I have to toss that sweater.

Focus: Between, as BrianH mentioned, the foppish quasi-aristocratic douchbags, the fratty tools, the socially inept, the just-plain-stupid, the gay dudes, and the ones saving themselves for marriage, I can see how it may seem that the penis pickins' are slim. But you can always date men off-campus. Seriously, she may be a little nuts but she isn't ugly. She can easily get herself someone she likes if she doesn't try and hold herself to some ridiculous standard that she MUST date someone from her school. Charlotte is huge! If you can't find a date anywhere around there, you're doing something wrong.

14. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah but Chapel Hill isn't. And it's primarily filled with other students.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Yes, Cindy-Lou MUST date a strong, handsome man from campus, The guy named "Chazz" or "Hunter" or "Landon" with the pearly whites and the varisty letter, because nothing says romance like drunkenly consumating your relationship on a sweaty hockey equipment bag.

Not the same case up here. I don't get most American college towns treat "townies" (I fucking hate that word) like compost. Chicks think that if they fuck a local guy he's going to absord her like an amoeba and replace her with a pod person. Anywhere up here, people looking for a good hate-fuck are going to FIND a good hate-fuck. All you have to do is build up an immunity to Axe.

16. dabeetrus

dabeetrus
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I go to UNC and this article has caused quite a lot of controversy on campus over the last week, mostly from dumb feminists (who are plenty here) who think that the article is saying that all UNC girls are whores. Anyways, I thought that the thrust of the article, that girls are in such plenty at bars and guys are so few, that females are forced to either settle or all fight over a few guys was just downright ridiculous. I'm certain that due to the ratio here that the social scene is somewhat different than an engineering school or anywhere where the ratios are more even or flipped, but CH is hardly a place where any guy can take his pick as the article seems to suggest.

Forgetting the fact of course that the article used the testimony of a few girls to generalize about an undergraduate population of 18,000, I've yet to have gone to a bar (Also, East End where the girls were is hardly one of the better bars imo) on a Saturday where the ratio was not either fairly equal or significantly more male vs. female.

Then again, maybe I'm just bitter I'm not swimming in the pussy that the article suggest I should be...

17. Kels

Kels
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

You mean the best part isn't where it says she's a man?

18. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To be fair, Chapel Hill really is a college that also has a town. There's not really a lot of townies there.

UNC Chapel Hill itself has 28,000 undergraduate and graduate students. At 60% female...that's a surplus of 5,000 females.

To use census data, there's only 54,500 people in Chapel Hill. Only 38% of those are between the ages of 19 and 34. And 54% of Chapel Hill residents are female. That leaves only 9,500 males ages 19-34 in the town. Not all of whom are single. And that's almost assuredly double-counting students who are listed as permanent residents of Chapel Hill.

Now obviously, they could jump in a car and drive to Raleigh or Durham. Just pointing out that UNC is big enough and Chapel Hill small enough that the student population dwarf the townies there.

Also, I asked a friend, and word is the Fordham girl who only dates "young professionals in the city" is a guidette whore.

19. zyang31

zyang31
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

20. Pussy Galore

Pussy Galore
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This is [partially] why I'm a science major. There are boys everywhere. Especially at my school, where we have massive teaching and nursing programs that suck away even more of the female "competition." Sadly, most of the boys, while bright and looking towards great futures, are socially retarded. And wear high waters. The odds are good, but the goods are odd.