Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] ZOO LOVERS DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Apr 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy National Zoo Lover's Day. Anyone a friend of the zoo? I love the San Diego Wild Animal Park and we 1000% would have annual passes if we lived nearby. I've always been a huge animal and nature lover and was into reading animal facts and catching odd creatures to be pets. Anoles, tree frogs, toads, minnows, squirrels, whatever.

Oh fuck. Don't Google what I did. I don't know what I was expecting. People dressed up in animal heads or.somethibg. fuck duck duck get that out of my search history.

These people are really into the zoo...

23-TheVenueReport-SanDiegoZoo-SafariPark-ShellyAnderson.jpg

Happy Friday everyone. I hope you are enjoying a relaxing evening with nothing planned except what you want to do.

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got to feed rhinos apples at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. One of the rhinos had misbehaved and was on timeout, so we were allowed to give apples to any of the rhinos but her. She looked so disappointed.

3. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We love zoos. Got to feed the giraffes in Omaha. Can’t wait to have a kid so I can use them as an excuse to do that type of thing all the time.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Love the Zoo. All kinds of zoos.

I'm a huge fan of the Bronx Zoo reality show, as well as the Georgia Aquarium TV show. Love them.

When I was living in Vancouver I bought a lifetime membership to the Vancouver Aquarium, which was so much fun. Being self-employed, on slow days, or just when you needed to go think and clear your head, I'd head down (a 10 minute drive) and hang out. Between the stellar sea lions and the sloths they had, it was always magical.

Now that I live here in London, the closest zoo is the Toronto Zoo, and it is absolutely world class. I wish it was closer. The newish Toronto aquarium is also pretty good, although it's usually super busy (at least every time I've gone).

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

When my mom and I went to Kenya, we got to go to the David Selkirk Elephant Orphanage, as well as the Giraffe Manor right near it.

Both of them were mind blowing experiences.

6. rupee

rupee
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Love the zoo. When I was nannying awhile back, I would take the kids to the Bronx Zoo—they have so many animals there that there was something for everyone and the kids would be exhausted by the end of the day. The Central Park zoo is also nice, they don’t have the facilities for big cats, but they have a great bird enclosure and their red pandas are especially cute.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Zoos are great. The Columbus zoo is one of the best because the animals are basically trained to interact with park guests. Toronto has a good one but it’s absolutely massive to allow living space for the animals, so prepare to walk a LOT of you go.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom is also awesome just for the safari tour alone. It also has the best gorilla exhibit ever.

8. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Busch Gardens in Florida has a cool 21+ attraction to where you're served drinks, ride out on a modified flat-bed truck into the enclosure and get to see the animals up close. The bed of the truck was ~ 5 feet off the ground, I'm just over 6' tall and I was eye level with a giraffe's chest. It is fucking insane how large a giraffe's head really is.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The Bronx Zoo was the closest one to me when I was a kid. Went there at least a dozen times. Such a great place. We also have Mystic Aquarium nearby, and I’m planning to take my daughter there in a few weeks for her birthday. The Boston Aquarium is decent, it’s just unbelievably crowded all the time.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

was gonna suggest this. Did that a few weeks ago. There were some highly intoxicated individuals on our trip. I suspect they were California high. My boys thought it was awesome feeding them lettuce. The drunks thought it was awesome attempting to break any and all rules as fast as possible.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

We've had IOU birthday zoo tickets to the Portland Zoo from our neighbor since the kiddo turned 1 (they have to be used within 2 weeks of purchase), but you know... covid stuff. I'm hoping we can take a trip there somewhat soon, I hear it gets absolutely packed during the summer.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

"And right next to the burning courthouse exhibit, we have the uber common mustachioed IPA drinkers"

13. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Baltimore Aquarium is really nice.
    But…you know. Baltimore.

14. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Next to ballparks, zoos are a must see destination on any vacation we take. We’ve seen the Bronx zoo, Central Park zoo, the National Zoo in DC, some tiny thing in Chicago, the San Diego zoo, the safari at 6 Flags in New Jersey, the ZSL zoo in London and the safari in Animal Kingdom, not to mention a bunch of aquariums.

The zoo in London was great, mostly because you get to go IN THE ENCLOSURE WITH THE FUCKING LEMURS!! It was incredible- they’re right there in your face.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

So, I think I may have found the first female comedienne who I truly enjoy.

Katherine Ryan.

Canadian-Irish, and she is funny as hell.

Ran into her for the first time while watching the Jimmy Carr Netflix show, The Fix.

I think she's fucking hilarious.

16. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I heard Jimmy Carr told a mean joke on Netflix, on a special that had a trigger warning about really mean jokes. But people still saw it and now they’re mad that he’s really mean.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I saw the same and thought it was fucking hilarious.

18. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

hahahahahahaaa!

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Beth Stelling

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I’d rather experience these women doing stand-up than Lisa Lampanelli.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.