Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] WORLD PARTY DAY 2020 [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Apr 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Oops, World Party Day 2020 didn't get the memo that you're supposed to stay home today. Maybe this will create an uptick in e-parties. I have trained all my life for this pandemic, but you extroverts will have to learn some coping mechanisms.
    @abneretta you still feeling bored and lonely? Grab a beer and regale us with tales of roller derby violence in a google hangout, if you're up for it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Today is also National Mousse Day. It's short notice but you might have these ingredients on hand.

Servings: 6
    Prep Time: 20 Minutes
    Total Time: 20 Minutes, plus at least 2 hours to chill
    Ingredients
    • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
    • 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, best quality
    • 3 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
    • 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
    • 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
    • 1/2 cup heavy cream, cold
    • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    For Serving
    • 1/2 cup heavy cream, cold
    • 2 teaspoons sugar
    • Chocolate shavings
    Instructions
    1. Place the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Break the chocolate into small pieces directly into the bowl. Microwave it in 20-second intervals, stirring between each bout of heat, until the chocolate is about 75% melted. Stir, allowing the residual heat in the bowl to melt the chocolate completely. (Alternatively, place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan containing about 1 inch of barely simmering water. Stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.) Let the mixture cool for a few minutes, then whisk in the egg yolks one at a time, mixing until smooth after each addition. Set aside.
    2. In the bowl of a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, beat the egg whites on medium-high speed until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form (the peaks should be just starting to hold, and will melt back into themselves after a second). Gradually beat in 1/4 cup of the sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form (the peaks will stand straight up when the beaters are lifted from the mixture). Using a large rubber spatula, fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture until uniform. Set aside.
    3. In another bowl, beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until it begins to thicken up. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and the vanilla and continue beating until the cream holds medium peaks (when you lift the beaters or whisk out of the bowl, the peaks will slightly droop down, but they won't lose their shape entirely). Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Be sure it is fully incorporated but don't mix any more than necessary. Divide the mousse between 6 individual glasses, cover, and chill until set, at least 2 hours.
    4. Up to a few hours before serving, whip the cream until it begins to thicken up. Add the sugar and whip to medium peaks. Dollop the whipped cream over the mousse and top with chocolate shavings.
    5. Make-Ahead Instructions: Mousse can be made up to 1 day ahead of time. Cover with plastic wrap and keep chilled in the refrigerator. Add whipped cream topping and chocolate shavings up to a few hours before serving.

Happy Friday, y'all! To those of you still going physically into work, thank you, and best health to you and yours.

2. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I find myself on the horns of a dilemma. I have adequate supplies to go without leaving the house for another month except for one item. The bourbon has run out. What I thought was a ridiculous amount turned out to only last three weeks. On the one hand, I really don't want to be the guy who goes out to buy booze. On the other hand, I don't think I can be alone with myself for another month without alcohol.

On another note, I just noticed that the dust mask that has been sitting on my desk since November when I mounted the gun cabinet to a concrete wall in my basement is actually a 3M N95. I guess that the people buying the dust masks from the hardware stores weren't actually as dumb as we thought.

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I went to the liquor store yesterday. I had not been since this whole thing started. They had tape on the sidewalk and only allowed two customers in at a time. I was told to go directly to the counter. They had a runner that got what I wanted and delivered it to the register where a big sheet of plexiglass separated me and the cashier. It was a trip.

One of the signs on the front door said, "If you don't know exactly what you want, let the next person go ahead of you."

4. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are you sure that was because of the coronavirus? Because it kind of sounds like you were just in a ghetto neighborhood.

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I wish McDonald's in Vegas had those signs. There nothing like standing in a long line, with the damn menu staring you right in the face, (A menu that hasn't changed in the last 30 years I might add) and have the person in front of you get to the front and go "Uhhhhh..." while staring at the menu like it just materialized in front of them.

It should be legal to punch those folks in the back of the head.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

only illegal if you get caught

7. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The ass on that first roller blader is positively epic.

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

That's 75% of my job around here. Finding the epic asses.

9. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You’re doing a fine job.

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone else remember in the mid 80's when girls used to wear short skirts cut at an angle that showed off one butt cheek?

What a glorious time to be a young man.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Oh my, I have never heard of or seen such a thing. Please provide some photographic evidence of this fashion statement.

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

The closest I could find with a quick google search. It's Gwen Steffani and they call it risque now. The one's I remember showed quite a bit more butt. Like another 3-4".

Capture.PNG

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Man, Rick Astley knocked this out of the park... hell of a tribute to Bill Withers...

14. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They just added the Double Mac and the Little Mac, so like, that's just your opinion, man.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Boredom is expensive y'all. Went down a rabbit hole and now I have about two dozen different vegetable and herb seeds coming in and I'm specing out supplies to build out a raised bed and greenhouse combo (if I can protect against mild Texas winters and storms I'll be growing year-round).

Now I just need to convince my wife to let me get a few rabbits in a hutch and I'll have a perfect fertilizer and on-hand meat.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

In other news, my shop became a salon today as I gave my mom a haircut.

Turned out not too badly, if I do say so myself.

Couple of points I found out:
    • high end dust extraction works way better than anything in any conventional salon
    • 120 psi shop air is too painful and needs to be reduced to 80psi or so in future
    • spinning up a grinder with a cut-off disc is never funny. "Not even a little bit?" "NO"

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Only a bad haircut if someone else sees it right? And y’all are stuck inside for how long?

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I like to scare my kid with the Sawzall on occasion. The sound quivers her uncontrollably.

19. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I’m up for any type of adult interaction after hanging with my wonderful children all day.

Against my better judgment I purchased Louis CK’s new special today because there was a time he was my favorite comedian. I wasn’t very impressed with his set. I think I’ll rewatch a Bo Burnham special as a palate cleanser.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I found a free online pictionary game that might be fun to fuck around with.

Anybody interested, send me your email address for later. I don't know when exactly. I need tylenol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.