Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] WINO WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

WEEKEND INCOMING. Now what?

There is a work related team building recreational activity this evening for el hubs that will result in OT while he drinks for free and networks so I'm freewheelin' for the next 12 hours. I do have to drive to the next town but after that it's all about personal hobbies and projects. I'm high on life y'all. It's not the fumes from the epoxy, either. As soon as the power tools are put away I'll crack open that box of wine. Or maybe tonight is a bottle night?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll drink to that.

Focus
    : Fall hobbies as your transition into winter.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hunting which while currently full time employed is a bitch to get to. Luckily Ohio allows baiting which turns it into just harvesting deer. This week is gun week and I’ll just have the weekend. So much deer sausage in bound.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Another hobby that we want to crank up. We moved here too late and with all the other things going on, the season started before permits could be purchased so it seems like a waste at this point. It'll give us (him) time to read up on field dressing. I'm happy to cook what he brings me but all the shit up to that point is his game! How many deer have you taken in this year?

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

None. Uc season football tickets have taken my weekends up to this point

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Hunting, cooking, seasonal beer.

This time last year I was still stuck in the mindset that I needed to blow my shoulder off with a bolt or lever action in order to put heavy rounds on big game down range. Then I met my 308/7.62X55 AR-10, and I found hunting heaven. The recoil is so light even my 135 lbs 5'10" wife can shoot it comfortably. Now that the weather is getting good, the pigs around here need to be very concerned.

Cooking is self-explanatory. Nothing like a nice breeze and some brisket, pork shoulder, baby backs, etc. Good cigar and good beer helps but isn't mandatory. Tomorrow I'm charcoal grilling some ribeyes (my 4 year old eats his own now) and sauteing asparagus in olive oil with minced garlic, fresh lemon zest, and cracked black pepper.

Love the seasonal beer. Sam Adam's winter stuff is great. Just got a seasonal sampler of New Belgium. Shiner Holiday Cheer makes my dick hard, plus they do another 3-5 other seasonal brews around this time. A lot more local places are popping up and getting in on the fun too. I've lost track of the number of breweries within an Uber ride from us. It's beautiful. And so is the dark, high ABV nectar they produce.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Good friggin grief. Two Niagara cops got into a fistfight at an accident scene today —while on duty in uniform— and the one losing the fight skinned iron and shot the other cop several times. He’s barely alive right now.

He straight-up Zimmerman’ed him. So... who does the police union side with on this one? Their heads must be exploding now trying to side both with AND against a cop.

7. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don’t know what it is about redheads, but chubby ones get a pass in my book.

I prefer them that way. Now any other hair color on a chubby woman is gross.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm.... I’ve never seen a drawing of a fat satan. That’s interesting.

9. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And no dyed reds either. I’m talking pasty as a cave fish. The kind where you can see their circulatory system thru their skin pasty.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

That’s kinda how I met my wife, because I’m so disgusted by those people. I was 2 weeks out of brain surgery and at a restaurant for the first time. Since I was on a fuck load of drugs, I decided to hit on my waitress, the thinking being if I could get her number while fucking hammered on pain killers and a cocktail of other things, then I had game.

Well, I got her number. And the next time I met her I was sober off everything. It was like waking up the next morning after a drunken hookup and going what the fuck was I thinking? She was skinny, and built, and otherwise hot except for the pasty white skin and freckles which is about as much a immediate turnoff for me as someone shitting the bed during sex. Fortunately, her best friend was tan. That was over a decade ago and the friend is my wife of 8 years.

I’m not shallow.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

[​IMG]

She's coming for ya Scotchy.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Is that scary to anybody else? Asking for a friend.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

There was an AskReddit fairly recently about undercover cops and literally like a third of it was them getting fucked up by cops from another jurisdiction where they were trying to bust the same drug/money laundering/whatever ring, and the departments didn't communicate.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

What’s also funny is theyre the only cops that are being charged with that debacle. Not all the other ones who committed atrocities, just the ones who hurt a fellow officer.

16. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same here. Our region has seen an explosion of breweries opening and it's it's a great time to be a craft beer drinker. My favorite closed down when the owners decided to retire, but I just got word it's reopening under new ownership with the same recipes. It's a Festivus miracle come early.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Normally I don't look at prices when buying beer because it's one of those things where I'm gonna drink what I like regardless, but it is nice that the price gap between craft beers and the big inbev stuff is getting smaller and smaller. If it's a brewery in the city a 6 will usually run $7-9, and anything in state is rarely over $10 for a 6 pack.

My favorite local brewery, Karbach Brewing, out of Houston just came out with their seasonal called Yule Shoo Your Eye Out. I found that appropriate not only for Texas, but for me as well. Got a pack cooling in the fridge.

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

There's a bunch of IPAs that I've never heard of being sold around here, and a couple that were really expensive back home that are average price here (like lagunita). El Hefe is a medium bodied beer that we've kinda gotten stuck on lately. I'm just sad that there is no Yuengling sold west of the Mississippi river because it is such an all around good beer for drinking and cooking.

Conecuh sausage, however.... that shit is getting frozen and loaded into a carry on during the next trip. It's the main thing making me go back. Oh, that and my family. I guess I love them and stuff.

I need some new beer recommendations...

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

You’re now in the Pacific Northwest right?

Dave’s Pale Ale is my favorite pale ale bar none. If I remember correctly it’s brewed around the Seattle area.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Dave's or Dale's? I've had Dale's pale ale before but not heard of the other.

And it was good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.