Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] WEAR RED DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Feb 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Today is Wear Red Day, a day to bring attention to heart disease in women. Since we're all becoming geriatrics fucks, here's an idea of what to look for:
    1. Uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain in the center of your chest. It lasts more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back.
    2. Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach.
    3. Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort.
    4. Other signs such as breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness.
    5. As with men, women’s most common heart attack symptom is chest pain or discomfort. But women are somewhat more likely than men to experience some of the other common symptoms, particularly shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting and back or jaw pain.

Even though heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women in the United States, women often chalk up the symptoms to less life-threatening conditions like acid reflux, the flu or normal aging.

Here's somebody wearing red:

[​IMG]

It's also National Soup Day, which you can celebrate while still snowed in, watching the Winter Olympics.

[​IMG]

Hot plans, anybody?

Y'all be good.

2. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I refuse to watch the olympics until they change the rules so it is a lottery of random citizens of each country competing. I want to see a 2 man luge going down the track with Ted Johnsson, part-time dog stylist laying on top of Chuck Sneedermam, morbidly obese Walmart greeter.

3. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like the idea of Olympic level athletes competing but what they compete in is drawn by a lottery. Let's see how athletic you really are!

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Ha. I just finished making my turkey soup last night, and it's being packaged up in the freezer today. 2 long days of sucking all the flavour out of the carcass.

I love turkey soup because it lends itself so nicely to adding hot sauces.

This time of year I generally try to have a big soup pot going all the time on the stove.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is one of my favorite soups. It's very, very easy and quick to make. It's just dumping things in a pot. I think I've shared it before here, but not sure.

Tortilla Soup
    2 (10.5-oz) cans condensed chicken with rice soup
    2 (14.5-oz) cans crushed tomatoes
    1/2 tsp. minced onion
    1 tsp. taco seasoning mix
    2 (10-oz) cans chicken breast chunks with liquid
    shredded cheddar cheese
    Doritos or tortilla chips, crumbled

In large pot, combine soup and tomatoes with seasonings. Add chicken and cover. Cook over medium heat until hot, stirring occasionally. Ladle into serving bowls and sprinkle with cheese and broken chips. (Serves 4)

6. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a date like that once.

7. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sounds tasty and easy, but is the bolded ingredient correct? Seems like a super small amount of onion.

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I almost commented the same thing. I'm thinking half an onion? Then again, we are onion crazy around here.

9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Still too much. Onions are disgusting.

10. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seems like a lot of onion to me honestly. Probably best to just say the word ”onion” a couple of times while you walk past the soup.

Also, I just realized how strange it is to see just a recipe on the internet. No long story about how he was on a trip to Zihuatanejo and found a tiny hole in the wall where a blind mexican woman has been making this soup since Eisenhower was president, and ”hubby” just had to have it every meal when they came back to Des Moines, and after 50 at

#10 kuhjäger, Feb 4, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Pft. Y'all have no taste. The real life person I know who hates onion as much as you is an elderly nun.

My kid eats raw onion with gusto and begs me for slices when I'm chopping.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I am ever so grateful that most of these blogs have added a jump to recipe button at the top. I used to do control f to find the print word to skip down.

I remember some blog that had a story about seven scrolls long that literally had nothing to do with the actual recipe. It was a story about their grandmother who didn't like the type of food they had the recipe below for.

13. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Granny cut me out of the will, so here is how to make meatballs which she loathed. Best eaten while tapdancing on her grave.

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

This reminds me, there is a subreddit called JustNo Recipes, which is full of spite recipes. Either recipes from family members who wouldn't share them while they were alive or recipes people perfected to spite other people who wouldn't share a recipe. I learned how to make some good old-fashioned paneer there.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You know, I fucking hate people who bitch about how someone is giving something to them for free. Not saying you, as you're just pointing out the format, but the people that moan and complain about the story like it's somehow a personal attack on their precious spare time... FUCK THAT. If someone is taking the time and effort to create something for your consumption, you can chose to like it or not, accept it or not, consume it or not... but bitching about it just rubs me the wrong way. If you're getting something for free, you have zero say in demanding how it's done.

You don't like it? Go pay for it somewhere else, or go without.

For instance, if I'm making dinner, and someone says "do it this way", fuck it... you do it. Oh? You don't want to? Then looks like it's being done my way.

GET THE FUCK OFF MY LAWN YOU INGRATES.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And my turkey soup had 2 onions and 3 shallots in it. Just sayin.

17. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm assuming that it means the dehydrated minced onion flakes.

The reason they all do this is because it does better in terms of search engine results, user engagement, and sharing. A lot of the most annoying things about the internet are a result of the fact that the average internet user sucks, and most sites have to pander to them.

18. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think clutches post brings up what bothers me about is that it isn’t necessarily an organic way of presenting a recipe, it is what has to be done to drive the search engines to notice it so the person who created it doesn’t end up in the wasteland that is google page 2.

I have noticed a positive trend in people using the space to Alton Brown it instead: explain why you do some steps in the recipe and the methods / ingredients used. Sure it is probably gaming the search algorithms too, but far more useful in terms of cooking.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You read TheBunnys new cook book?

True chefs blogs/recipes are usually short and sweet and the paragraphs before usually contain useful information (see Hank Shaw). Typically I’m at the store picking up ingredients and it’s not a smooth 8 minute scroll.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

should have added more shallots. That’s how I do it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.