Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] VETERANS DAY WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You’re not wrong. And yeah, I had to watch it twice.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Part of me really thinks this was faked or staged. I mean how does the concert goer get on stage long enough to float the idea and convince the singer to piss on his face? If they did stage it I give the prop guy credit for using warm liquid that produced the steam in the cool night air. 'Carl, Carl, Carl, Nobodies gonna believe it if there isn't steam coming off this piss with this outdoor festivals air temps! We're heating up the fake piss and this is the last discussion we're having on it.'

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s like a spilled tanker truck. Christ.

4. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, it wasn't faked... as @AFHokie posted, the band was quite annoyed with the behaviour and issues a public apology.

It's also way out of character for her, too... she's actually a good singer with a solid reputation.

6. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I did read that at the beginning of the show she got a bottle of water and said “I’m gonna drink this whole thing and then piss on somebody’s face by the end of the show.” So…honesty, at least?

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Somewhere Miley Cyrus is having a scotch and an unfiltered Camel thinking, "what's a bitch got to do to push the boundaries?"

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was a non apology.

Did she invite the dude up there? Was she black out fucking drunk? I dont see how she got from A to Pee.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

At what temperature do people here consider "cold"? Not "chilly" like light jacket weather, but actual cold? We were at a food truck place with my brother and his wife tonight (the shit picture brother), once it got dark it was around 60 and he said he wanted to head back because it was too cold out. Maybe I'm not the only one with brain damage?

For me, 55-40 is "chilly," and 40-32 is "cold." Below that is fucking freezing. Literally.

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I made this apple cobbler bake thing. It was a test run for Thanksgiving. I thought nah, it's alright, but a little overpowering on the cardamon. Went back and checked. It called for a pinch, I used a teaspoon. Oh well. Eating my mistakes with ice cream.

Humidity really makes a difference. But around here I'd say around freezing is when I call it cold. It's been on the 40s here and I've dressed in a sweatshirt and flip flops out back.

11. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I actually have a scale that I go by. I came up with it while living in Winnipeg and driving a standard pickup truck (the clutch allowed me to gauge how cold the engine was).

Anything above 15*C/60*F - weather is no factor
    Anything 0-15*C/32-60*F - wear a jacket or a sweater or something, but it's no factor for safety
    Anything -15-0*C/5-32*F - this is classified as winter. Have warm clothing, but the quality of that clothing doesn't really matter, and you probably don't have to worry about the animals being outside. By the time it hits this temperature, the pads of their feet should be a bit conditioned anyway and they should have put on a thicker coat. If you have a standard transmission, you'll feel this level of cold in the clutch.
    Anything -25 - -15*C / -13 - 5*F - Now you have to start paying attention. Don't have cheap outdoor clothing - go to Carhardt or Mark's or someplace legit and get clothing actually rated for the cold. You should plug in your vehicle at night and give it time to warm up. Watch the animals (put sweaters on them if needed) and make sure they aren't lifting their feet.
    Anything colder than -25*C/-13*F - Serious cold. Vehicles must be plugged in or left running. Animal outside time should be rationed. At this level of cold I usually wear at least one (usually two) balaclavas and full snow gear (Sorrels, snowpants, etc) if I'm outside for any length of time. Standard transmission might have trouble popping back up from a depressed clutch, if you were dumb enough to not plug in the truck the night before.

I can remember a prolonged stretch of under -30*C in Winnipeg (it was almost five weeks) where you had to put on Sorrels just to open the back door and let the dogs out. I can also remember seeing -52*C in Calgary for two nights. Both were deeply unpleasant. On the upside, it makes you think that -5*C is barely worth wearing boots for.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That’s the thing… no matter what excuse you try to think up, there is no excuse.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

i know who she is now. I think that was her goal.

14. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anything below 70* shouldn't exist.

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you like cardamon (which I do), you should try adding a little bit to heavy cream (like 1c heavy cream and 1/2 tsp cardamon) and then whipping it.

It's awesome on apple cobbler or any other apple confection.

Cinnamon works really well, too.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Unless you are just an unabashed pervert and are into it. Then she’s just putting on a performance and shouldn’t have to apologize. Then again just seeing they seem to be a sort of brass band novelty act that mainly do covers I can see them being more of a family friendly act.

Cold is relative. 40 degrees in the fall after months of 85+ sweltering heat feels freezing to me. On the flip side after months of 20-30 degrees, 40s plus feels like summer wear.

#56 Kubla Kahn, Nov 15, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Annoyed? In the Twitter video, the trumpet player is smiling and looks like he turns a GoPro camer towards her to film it. The guitarist bounds out after she's done to keep rocking.

She heard the guy paid for VI pee, I guess.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Afterward they said that they didn’t appreciate her doing it impromptu. They went with it at the time but later regretted it. A bit. I think they found it funny at the time but then realized it could negatively impact their future so came out with a sorry-not-sorry weak-ass apology.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

They weren’t pissed with her because they obviously would lose that fight.

20. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Really trying to challenge that old adage of "Better to be pissed off than pissed on".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.