Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] TOKYO 2020/2021 OLYMPICS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, they basically shifted a big chunk of the release revenue to a medium that she doesn't get a cut of, despite the fact that they had assured her they wouldn't do that.

When COVID hit and Warner made a similar shift to HBOMax for their releases, they renegotiated contracts and paid out an additional $200 million to compensate. Disney opted to choose the path of "fuck you, we're Disney."

2. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like you could make a list of the worst contracts of all time, and the top 100 would all be movie-related. That whole industry is a cesspool.

3. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Based on conversation with a friend and other people from Vermont: “It’s not New York.”

One lady described returning home to VT as like when Dorothy goes from Kansas to Oz and everything becomes bright and colorful.

4. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Garage night music. This one is for @toytoy88 . A Japanese metal band that’s been around for over 30 years. Damn good music.

5. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I spent a week in Vermont a few years ago in the middle of the summer. It was by far my favorite place in the us. It was beautiful. The people were all incredibly nice. The beer is great. I so 0 fast food restaurants. If I didn’t have family here I’d be all over it.

6. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been to Vermont multiple times during the summer/fall and twice in the winter. Summer/fall, it was awesome. Lots of things to do, beautiful landscape, just all around a wonderful place if you like the country. I'm not a skier or into the whole winter lodge thing, so take it with a grain of salt, but the two times I was in the state for winter it was just fucking miserable. I can deal with seasons just fine, but this was like everyone and every place goes into hibernation mode and the country gets REALLY country. I at least need some kind of big city feel nearby otherwise having it snow 25 out of 30 days in a month for 5 months straight brings you to the breaking point.

EDIT** If you've ever been up to the "Gold Coast" of Michigan, it's exactly the same feel in Vermont. Summer/Fall it's just awesome and then everything goes dark.

#186 Popped Cherries, Jul 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I considered buying a plot of land in Vermont as a hedge against climate doom, and I encountered a fun fact:

The lowest property tax rate in New England? Massachusetts. The highest? New Hampshire.

8. wilder111

wilder111
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My parents had a Vermont Cabin for most of my life. They only Sold it 5 years ago. The big Issue was the "Normal" road cut across another owner's property, and he didn't like the Riff-Raff coming to deer-hunt in the Fall, so he dropped 4-5 trees across the road. It made it almost impossible to access my parents property. People are farther apart up there, but get just as nuts about what's "Theirs" vs "Yours".

Rural mindset is real, when you consider it something to be taken from you....

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I like it! I'll have to check out some more of their stuff. It also reminded me I really need to buy an SG. I love those things almost as much as Les Pauls.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah, that might be the only downside. You get some real weirdos when you get out in the sticks. The place is a strange mix of people. Gun-toting, redneck liberals are very much a thing there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.