Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] THANKSGIVING 2018 [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Since Thanksgiving is on Thursday next week and folks often have to travel beforehand to get to their holiday destination, we're kicking it off right meow.
    Planes, Trains, and Automobiles...what are you taking to get to dinner Thursday?

[​IMG]

I'll be hoofing it to the neighbor's and will bring along some holiday favorites to share, including a bitchin sweet potato casserole. I don't know if they eat stuff like that around here or if its a Thanksgiving standard.

By the way, @Rush-O-Matic , you ought to be thankful. I had to wade through so much weird stuff to get this.
    [​IMG]

This was the most racially sensitive American Thanksgiving butts and bewbs picture found. You're welcome.

Focus: THANKSGIVING! Your traditions, plans, recipes for your holiday favorites. Pumpkin pies. Hot cider. Roast turkey. It's that time of the year!

Antifocus: Black Friday

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The Internet exists. Why do people wake up early to go shopping for no other reason than to get low quality goods that are made for one specific day?

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

We've already had Thanksgiving up here in the land of the beaver, but I'll be out of town for next week as I head back to my home office in Vancouver for a bunch of meetings.

It will be nice to catch up with a few old friends and enjoy some nice restaurants. That's one of the things I miss the most since I've moved back to Ontario... a nice, high quality restaurant with a wine list with fun stuff on it.

This is such a non-wine town that even Costco won't stock their mini wine fridges around here because nobody buys them.

The local "wine bar" owner is almost suicidal because everyone wants the "house red that normally comes in a box for $18".

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

People be stupid. Lots of people be stupid. Lots of people be stupid and buy into manufactured hype.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I often wonder if people even read the fine print on some of the items they are lusting after. Walmart is king of this. They make special versions of electronics that are just worse than the regular models. TVs with only 1 or 2 HDMI ports, or just made even more cheaply than usual.

6. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What do our Chicago users think about the 9% amusement tax add to things like the Playsation Network, Neflix, Spotify?

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s just STUFF. He who dies with the most toys....still dies.

8. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yet another moronic band aid (bag tax, soda tax, etc.) that'll keep lawmakers from ever addressing the main problem - Pensions.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanks, mod Lady! In my mind, I'm picturing that that's you, shegirl and Audrey.

So, you can elbow some mom out of the way to purchase a coffee maker that will be on sale for $10 less the week before Christmas?

10. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A truer statement may never have been written. My city is thinking about a sales tax increase of $.01 for public safety (fire and police). Does this mean more firefighters and officers? Nope it is to pay for the existing pension increases.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

There are actually whole sets of hardware that "kind of but not really" pass quality assurance testing so are sold with a lower warranty because of that shittier quality. Electronics are not just pass/fail... for instance, most hard drive brands that have a high end and low end (but otherwise same specs) are the same gear with different test results, and sold accordingly. The stuff that passed QA with very high marks gets the quality label and sold for big bucks, the "meh" stuff is sold cheaper without the same guarantees.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Wow. So I wonder if manufacturers may actually put these lesser quality pieces to the side and sell for reduced sale prices during the holidays. Store them for a season and still make their money's during the holiday sales that people empty out their pockets for.

Or sell at Harbor Frieght.

13. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know some stuff like that looks the same on the outside but different internals, plastic gears vs metal and such.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Got a little sunshine tomorrow between the never-ending rain and cold. Gonna take advantage with some BBQ. Working to perfect the smoked chicken marinade recipe, adding some Modelo Especial (mexican beer) to the olive oil, changing from fajita seasoning to McCormick's Montreal Chicken Seasoning. Still cooking over live oak and oak lump charcoal.

15 lbs for 7 people plus a 4 year old and 1.5 year old should be enough.

Should.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

This shit nearly brought me to tears:

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The extra logistics needed probably wouldn't make that very profitable. Instead you're more likely to see retailers temporarily selling the shittier version that they don't normally stock the rest of the year. Wal-Mart is especially bad about it. If a black Friday deal sells poorly, the items will stay displayed in the middle of the aisles because they don't have a normal spot on the shelves to put them.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not enough rope and dildos for that to be Audrey

19. wilder111

wilder111
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

as another IL resident( 5 min from IA), can I just pray our shit-ass govt. body produces 1 thing in 2019....which is full-rec weed. We should have billboards that just have a pot leaf and states "We're too broke to say no!"

20. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I was grabbing a train home on election night, Pritzker was doing some last minute photo ops/glad handing. I wanted to saunter over and say "Could you legalize and tax the shit out of weed? Please and thank you."

But alas.

Given that the ballot measure for legalizing weed and directing tax revenue to school and mental health care sat at something like 88% in favor........I'm pretty optimistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.