Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] TEQUILA DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

When I interview people who just moved here from another state, there's three things they mention they're amazed by, in order if importance: HEB, Whataburger, and the concept of "turnarounds" and why don't other states have these?!?

Missed your exit or someone being a dick and not letting you over despite using your turn signal? Don't sweat it, there's another one coming up. No need to road rage the shit out of it and cut across three lanes in 30 yards. Most exits just have that turnaround so you won't even hit a light. Unless your passenger in the car is paying very close attention they won't even know something is up. Also, sometimes it's easier to hit the turnaround on the next exit if the one google maps or whatever suggests has a particularly annoying access road.

2. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Really? Because all I ever hear from the insufferable Winter-Texans is how poorly designed the roads are down here.

And how hot it is.
    And how there are so many Mexicans, and no one speaks English.
    And the sales tax rate is higher than where they're from.

Man, Winter Texans are the fucking worst.

If it's so bad down here, go back where you came from, Snow-Bird.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

not many winter Texans, usually people moving here permanently, or stationed here for military. A lot of people from California, Florida, and the New England area. People in California buying houses for a lower mortgage than their rent, or if they had a house in CA, they sold it and paid cash for a one three times the size with a second story, yard and a pool. The stories I get from people in the New England area makes me not want to live where it snows, ever. I get a lot of the "y'all are so friendly!!" and also "y'all sound weird!"

Also got a bunch of evacuees from Puerto Rico after Maria. Sounds like they went to both Texas and Florida, and the ones who went to Florida then came here. Never heard anything about the high sales tax, heard a lot about the lack of income tax.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I laugh in Alabamian whenever anyone here complains about the heat.

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I respectfully disagree.

I've driven all over the country (I did a couple years as an interstate trucker) and the absolute worst are people here in Vegas. It took me a while, but I finally figured out why....no one is from Vegas. Almost everyone moved here from somewhere else and brought their regional fucked up driving with them. No one does the posted speed limit, it's either 10 mph below or 20 mph above....so in a 45 zone half the people are doing 35 and the other half are trying to do 65.

You've got folks from states that right turns on red are illegal (Who never bother opening a Nevada driver's manual) and they'll sit there at a red light even though there's not an oncoming car in sight. If you honk at them, you get the finger. And then someone behind them will get pissed and jump into the other lane and go screeching around the corner.

Every stop light is a drag race if you own a performance car. When I've been in my trucks people tended to drive more normal, but in my Camaro or my 300ZX every fucking Sonata and mini van launches from the stop light like a under powered rocket in passing gear.

The roads here are a fucking circus.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

heat hurts, but humidity kills. Nothing worse than humidity so bad you start sweating just walking to your car. Steering wheel so hot you hold it with like two fingers. Metal on the seat belt can burn you. I don't envy anyone who lives along the gulf coast, or inland where they don't get a steady breeze.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Ever notice how pineapple juice really elevates a drink that is mostly high proof booze?

It's like it's the secret behind the Zombie... that special ingredient that allows you to drink 40% alcohol like it was simple fruit juice...

I may have had some... pineapple juice... tonight.

8. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A few of you will immediately see the problem with this picture. This is such an egregious design flaw that I'm contemplating a lawsuit. This engine made it about a 1,000 feet before that nut came loose from a breather hose that was it was holding on the air filter, it entered the carburetor and stuck the throttle wide open. Thankfully my son recognized a problem and hit the kill switch before he got maimed.

Who's the dumbass that put a nut that can come loose inside the intake track of a fucking engine? I own two other older, identical engines and they are not like this. Someone at the company deleted a rubber friction fitting that held the breather hose in favor of this death trap.

IMG_20200725_181451.jpg

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I don’t know how to save or post videos from Reddit but this video has me dying with laughter

10. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Try driving in the Washington DC metro area. Nobody's from here, many aren't even from the US and many of them only recently "learned" to drive. Add to that, a hodgepodge designed road system that is constantly under various stages of construction or repair.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Currently drinking my first beer in almost a year. Dos Equis Amber. It goes well with these cookies.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, this is a pretty good one of Nett's favorite phrases, "play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

Oh, Detroit, never change.

Apologies if somebody posted this already.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I’ve seen that a few times now, and it never gets old.

I love how she felt that she had to reach into the car with a match to light it off.

EVERYONE knows that you casually flick it in the window while walking away, not looking back.

There needs to be more video of people who don’t understand flammable gasses. Just like the morons trying to burn down a building but end up with third degree burns.

No pity from me.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love how she has the face mask on. You know, for everyone's safety.

ETA: I thought she was striking a match. But, I think she's got a grill lighter that she reaches in the window. So, as soon as it sparks it blew up. It may not have even made a flame, lol.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Stupid people can be pretty funny.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

oh there's plenty

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yes.

But there needs to be more.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

what's that you say?

19. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I spent the weekend in dietary carnage. I had the meat sweats from all the "goodbye bacon" and "steak salutes".

I finished the night with a steak and sausage platter, my 2nd since Thursday.

The gameplan is to go vaginatarian until I'm back under where I was pre-COVID, and my friends gave me a hell of a send-off.

Cue work last night letting me know there's a 90% chance we're deploying to do hurricane prep. Happy birthday to me, I suppose.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

awesome, see you in Florida.

I swear it wouldn’t get hit by hurricanes so much if it didn’t stick out from the US like a goddamn pinkie toe you stub on the bed frame in the middle of the night. All these hurricanes just going along with their business, chugging forward, maybe a Caribbean speed bump here, pause for Puerto Rico there, then bam! Florida out of nowhere!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.