Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] SUPERBOWL LIII PATS VS RAMS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Feb 1, 2019.

?

Call the winner

Poll closed Feb 4, 2019.
  1. Patriots

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. Rams

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Tom Brady

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Maroon 5 can be added to the recent long list of “Artists we never even should have THOUGHT of booking for this game.

Enough of this pandering pop shit already. Getting more people to watch is the actual very least of their problems.

2. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rams missing that field goal at the end fucked me out of my winnings.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just saw Metallica last week, they still killed it, not sure why they’re never tapped given their audience lines up with football fans. Always some lame pop group.

Maybe I wasn’t paying close attention but I was surprised how few overtly political commercials there were. Last year frito lays was spewing nonsense about children migrants. Didn’t see much of that this year?

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think a good old fashioned metal concert would make a great half time show. No guest stars unless it’s other metal singers/guitar players. Or unless the metal band gets to perform a human sacrifice of a pop star.

I think the band Ghost would be a funny half time show.

5. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don’t have anything against Maroon 5, the show was just poorly conceived. There aren’t really many big acts out there that people know and would put on a good show.

You know what would be a hell of a show?

Rammstein

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They simply need to stop softening shit. We GET it. You’re sorry about OJ and all the domestic abuse. Now let’s go over to Sally Sweetshoes on the sidelines who will bother a coach with inane questions.

That’s not why football fans watch. They are here to witness millionaires give each other brain damage while eating horrible food. Why does that have to stop?

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I love how Saints fans have convinced themselves that if that call had actually happened, they would have not only taken the NFC but also walked away with the Super Bowl. They might as well blame Steve Bartman or something.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Would have been a more interesting superbowl that's for sure.

The whole what if game is pointless. The refs missed a clear facemask on goff and Brees still had every opportunity to win it in overtime. They were up two touchdowns at halftime, they're the ones who let it get that close to begin with. That being said, I understand why they're so pissed (fan is short for fanatic afterall), and I'm here for anyone who wants to talk shit to Goodell.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Come on, man. It's not like they got the ball first in overtime. Or, that Brees threw an interception in overtime. Or, that multiple fouls against the Saints were overlooked earlier in the game.

upload_2019-2-4_16-27-50.png

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We don't know who would have won the super bowl, but yeah, that's definitely a possibility.

Personally, I hate the "but the team would have won if if if" shit. They were playing other best team in the NFC. It's supposed to be a hard game to win. It's not on them to constantly overcome ref fuck ups.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Am I missing something? I thought he sounded awful, and not just "it's a live performance, it won't sound like a studio," but truly bad. Of recent performers, Perry was fine, Gaga was great, Bruno Mars was great, but it seemed like Levine was off key and wasn't even trying to hit a lot of the notes.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you watch the whole thing? Because I thought the same thing at first, but then after the first song, he did much better. I mean, I didn't think it was great, but I think something was wrong with his in-ears for the first song. He wasn't using his falsetto and sounded weak until later on. Also, the backing vocals were barely audible on the first song, so I think the sound was messed up.

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On second watch he improved after the first song, but damn that first song was bad.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You guys want bad Super Bowl halftime shows? This was a 3-D halftime when I was a kid, and they cranked the 80’s cringe up to 11 for for it.

...granted the trick works but that shit is horrid.

16. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We have a shitty way of doing holiday pay. Every year around this time we just a check for holiday pay for the whole year, so if you take time off in June you dont get paid because you already did.

Well last night we our holiday pay day, i didn't know just the guys in the shop said something. So i logged into my mobile banking to take a look at how much i get, and it was almost double what i was expecting. It took me a second then i remembered, i have been here for almost 6 full years and our percentage goes up from 4 percent to 7 percent.

17. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I remarked that the sound guy must have been asleep but it did seem to improve.

Being at the soundboard is one of the hardest jobs in music.

18. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So have any of y'all heard about Aaron Lewis walking off stage at the Pharr Events Center?
    https://www.themonitor.com/2019/02/03/aaron-lewis-staind-fame-walks-off-stage-pharr-concert/

He said "I don't speak Spanish, I'm an American," and then walked off.

Right now, my Facebook feed is lit up with people pissed off that he would say such a thing, but I think they are missing the bigger point:

Valley audiences are the fucking worst.
    Just watch the video. They wouldn't shut the fuck up.

I saw Dave Mustaine walk off stage in '98 because some dipshit hit him in the head with a plastic bottle, after he asked them to stop throwing shit at the stage.

I saw Scott Weiland beat a guy with a microphone for throwing a glass of water at him, AFTER HE ASKED THE CROWD TO STOP THROWING SHIT AT THE STAGE.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS. THIS IS WHY I CALL THIS PLACE THE ASSHOLE OF TEXAS.

I've been to rock shows all over Texas, and you can count on Valley audiences to throw shit at the stage, not shut up, start fights in the crowd, etc.

For the record, I'm not necessarily defending Lewis (I think his music sucks. All of it.); I do think it was a bigoted comment. But I don't think he was the only one at fault.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

For reference, Aaron Lewis is the former front man of Staind:

Who then started singing country music:

He's like Darius Rucker, except, you know, talented.

20. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I saw Staind perform at one of those rock festivals when I was 17. I always felt like their music was hacky pseudo emo rock. But the guy has a good voice. I just never bought into their whole thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.