Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] SUPERBOWL LIII PATS VS RAMS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Feb 1, 2019.

?

Call the winner

Poll closed Feb 4, 2019.
  1. Patriots

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. Rams

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Tom Brady

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am pretty sure there is a food cart with a star. I would love to try either the ramen or the food cart with a star.

2. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Seems like we've come a long way from talking about puffed Bunny shit and crystals, planes on conveyors, and blueberry heirs getting anally fisted by gorillas.

Which restaurant?

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

http://www.garance-saintdominique.fr

It looks pretty good. Hopefully I’m not hungry when we are done.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Anyone know how to clear my Netflix watch history? I cant seem to figure it out on an Apple TV. Id rather the babysitter coming to watch our daughter tonight doesnt see that Ive been watching shit about Ted Bundy and Hitler lately.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

We never ate fancy once in Paris. Wifey and I just wanted to hit all the generic corner cafes and such everyone raves about, we were only there for thee days. The bakeries are everything you think they’d be, bread alone in that city is like junk food. Right out of the oven and fresher than anything I’ve ever tasted.

I honestly loved that city. Way more bourgeoisie than I thought (LOTS of single people) but there is an incredible ungodly amount of awesome things to take in there.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On PC, it's like this. I'm not sure how to do it on a smart TV, so you can sign in to a computer to do it?
    1. Open Netflix in your browser. Navigate to the /browse screen if that's not your default.
    2. Hover over the profile picture that you want to edit history, upper-right corner of the screen.
    3. Click Account.
    4. Click Viewing Activity under My Profile. You'll see everything you watched and you can delete just certain ones or all of them.

8. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Focus: Having a couple of friends over, making po-boys and maybe a charcuterie board (my wife likes making then eating this) and actually watching the game.
    We will not be taking part in the Bowl Boycott parties that several of bars and restaurants are hosting (they plan on showing Super Bowl XLIV the Saints won instead).

I just love football. I'll watch it all. Thursday night college game of Akron vs. Toledo? I'm all over it. Although I must admit, I haven't watched nearly the amount I normally do for the past few years.
    But I'll be posted up in my recliner snacking and watching the game.

I'll just assume the Patriots will win until I'm pleasantly surprised by the Rams beating them.

9. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a bad feeling that my ghetto-ass neighbors are going to have some big, loud Superbowl party tomorrow.
    Why the fuck does the family always have to show up at THEIR house for gatherings/ holidays? Can't they have it at someone else's house for a change?
    Whenever there's a holiday, quinceanera, birthday, etc, they rent a bunch of tables and chairs, hire a DJ, and act obnoxious until 2AM or better.

In other news, Li'l Bandit turned 18 yesterday. I don't know how I feel about that. Sometimes I wish I could turn back the clock ten or fifteen years to when he was a cute little boy. I miss those days.

10. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seriously? Who the fuck would go to that? I getting like your team, but that is so lame.

11. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I completely agree. I mean... I get that folks are still bitter and salty from (what is arguably) the worst No-Call in the history of the game (given the context of what was on the line) but I also have seen other teams get screwed on horrible calls/no-calls/replays. So, while I am still a little salty about it myself, I have moved on and I'm ready to see the pinnacle of the game I love and hopefully see a good game.

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree that it was pretty bad, but shit like that has happened to every team. Less on the line of course, but as a packer fan the phantom TD gifted to Seattle is probably the hands down dumbest ever. Special points for reviewing and sticking with the call, and then going on tv interviews to defend the call and whine about the flak replacement refs were receiving.

Looking back I think those were the most insane 3 weeks I've ever seen in a sport. One guy I remember summing it up perfectly said in reference to one game that it was officiated so atrociously that by the end of it he had no idea what the score should be in a competently reffed game, or who should have won. It really was that bad. My favorite was this very long stretch of awkwardness where a ref changed a call 3 times. I'm convinced the NFL pulled those guys off a special needs bus.

Anyway, good for you for enjoying the upcoming game instead of pouting about what was admittedly a pretty ugly hose job.

13. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Rams have an extremely top-heavy roster, which is afforded to them because their quarterback is cheap at the moment. They are all-in on a championship season and went after some high end free agents like Whitworth, Suh, Talib and Barron. Fowler is going to hit free agency. Their #1 RB and WR are set to combine for something like $32 million next year. Those were the right moves for the time being, but the team maybe has another year before they're going to face some cap casualties.

I mean, good for McVay, but "it will be hard not to" become a dynasty based on a team with some of the top free agents/most expensive contracts on the market is a little premature.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I did something I've never done before this week. I walked the fuck off a job. I went in Wednesday and sat there for and hour and a half until I just couldn't take it anymore. I gathered up my shit and walked out the door. It took them until the next afternoon to figure out I was gone, so I'll probably be paid for the whole day Wednesday. Not that their piddly assed pay rate matters one way or another.

Pro tip: If a place apologizes to you on the first day for not if, but when your lunch gets stolen. Run. Jesus what a ghetto cluster fuck that place is.

I talked with my former boss and she streamlined me through the HR process where she's in charge of the hiring now, so that's a done deal. I just don't know about the 25 miles one way commute. That kind of blows.

On another note, has anyone here ever read any Harry Turtledove? It's sci-fi/alternate history. I usually don't read fiction, but I've always kind of dug his stuff. I recently started re-reading his World War series (And had to buy all the books again)....it's a tale of what might of happened during WWII, if during the middle of the war, aliens decided to show up and try to take over the planet.

15. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Toytoy, that job wasn't for you man. Bettter that you leave than have to beat them all to death.

Yes to Turtledove! That guy is the king of alt history fiction, he has a ton of very enjoyable reads. I liked his Civil War series a lot.

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    The first book I read of his was Guns of the South, which was the first time I ever encountered the alt history genre. I've probably read that book 3 or 4 times now. Good stuff.

My only complaint about his writing is when he writes about sex....absolutely cringe worthy. I have to just skate by those parts, it's not like they're there to drive the narrative anyways.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Good lord. I’d never heard Elizabeth Holmes’ actual speaking voice until recently. Did she get punched in the throat really hard in childhood? She sounds like Will Farrell playing Janet Reno on SNL. She should be singing in Bone Thugz N Harmony.

18. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve read a few articles that said she intentionally speaks that way and that her actual private speaking voice is a complete 180.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

She WANTS people to think she sounds like Christopher Lee? Her black-pools-of-deadness eyes are already frightening enough.

Reminded me of this this slice of hilarity:

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

There’s a video floating around of her speaking and her voice cracks into what I imagine her real voice is. It’s just a normal woman’s voice and not the bizarre tranny cosplay she puts forth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.