Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] SUMMER FUN [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jun 23, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy first of summer! Got any summer plans?

Remember to wear some sunscreen and stay inside if it is too hot. I'm looking at you, Texas...

upload_2023-6-23_13-20-26.png

This isn't me, but that line pattern and contrast looks awfully familiar.

Happy Friday! There's a little local festival in a nearby town this weekend I plan to visit. The weather has been nice, and it will be good to get outside for a parade.

Also, don't let me interrupt your talk about the imploded Titan. Carry on!

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Uh huh, sure it isn't.
    fap fap fap

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

It's nice to know the (your) scare didn't scare. Thank god for normalcy.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not dead yet!

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

relevant documentary:

6. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ffs, not available in your country

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

man they're taking away everything up there eh?

8. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m currently winding up vacation in Bar Harbor. It’s been a great week- the weather has cooperated just enough to not fuck up our plans. Tonight we’re going into Acadia again after sunset to view the Milky Way. The stargazing up here is amazing.

This is our first time back in 10 years. Nothing major has changed, except Holy Fuck there are alot of people here. Easily two or three times as many as were here 10 years ago, to the point where many of the popular scenic areas are restricted or very difficult to access. If you plan ahead and just go with it , it’s still an incredibly beautiful place to vacation. And it would be hypocritical of me to complain when I’m one of the people taking up space.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really really want someone to replicate the sub implosion at full scale at the same depth ala Mythbusters and film it at high enough speed to catch it. It would take 1/125s of a millisecond and your brain doesnt even register that fast! The compression would be so great it would combust carbon material like a diesel engine on steroids! Ok you have my attention. James Cameron, invent a deep sea ultra high speed camera that can record from the outside (so it isn't crushed) and some high speed ones inside feeding it out. I know you can do it. Get on it it.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

"big" youtuber almost went on sub several days prior, but dive was canceled. Sooooo much "oh that's not good" shit in this video. 100% this will be used as evidence in the investigation.

12. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

Went for a nap. Woke up hoping for a little blissful Diablo 4 action, but instead got a computer that refused to wake. Then refused to boot. Turns out my boot SSD decided it was sick of me telling it what to do and died instead. Fun times.

Thankfully, a linux boot USB was able to mount it and I was able to save anything that was on it since it wasn't completely dead. SMART still reports it as dying, so I _should_ get a new one through the 5 year warranty.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

14. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We're staying in an AirBnb that we stayed in a couple years ago. When we were here last, an elderly guy with some dementia used to stay in our host's house once in a while. He's very nice, but is a little wacky to talk to - you'll have to repeat things multiple times, he doesn't always know his surroundings, he doesn't remember certain things minute to minute. Our host is a divorcee in her mid-40s, the guy must be 80.

We are back again and he's now living here full time. I know he owns a condo in the next town over, has what I assume is a decent military pension because he was a JAG.

We found out that sometime in the last couple years they got married. I'm not sure anyone is supposed to know? He kind of let it slip in conversation.

What are the chances this is some kind of run-of-the-mill benefits fraud, or something mutually beneficial, and isn't straight-up trying to scam an old guy who doesn't know which way is up?

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think there are laws against this Anna Nicole Smith stuff these days. I remember taking my granddad to Sam's once and this mid50s Asian lady at the customer service desk was overly flirtatious and kept asking to come see this farm she had heard so much about. Clear he had talked to her a few times before. It really felt like she was angling for something. When he was in the nursing home after his cognitive decline had ramped up he started talking about one of the physical therapist being the new love of his life. He was really smitten with her. It was one of those pit of your stomach moments where you think, he's losing it but is he gone enough he'd start demanding changing wills and so forth....?

16. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dropped my phone in the lake, it was submerged for about 10 minutes before I found it. It's working, I'm posting on it now. Should I still stick it in rice?

I really need it today, I'll be out working in unfamiliar neighborhoods and will need to look up and order parts.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would say yes. There is something somewhere in there that is wet. Any corrosion or rust may not show up as a problem until a month or two later.

18. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rice doesn't really work. It's just a placebo effect - rice doesn't magically suck moist air out of your phone, all that happens is people who put their phone in a bag of rice have done the only thing you can do for a soaked phone: turn it off and leave it alone for a day or two. If it didn't short out immediately, your next biggest danger is having it powered on when some moisture in the phone is migrating around and shorts a couple of leads together.

Basically the biggest chance of your phone dying is immediately after it gets wet. The second riskiest time is in the ~48 hours afterwards where there could be moisture in the phone but it hasn't found its way onto the right circuitry. After that... the only thing that will help is actually taking the phone apart and drying it out.

I assume your phone probably has a waterproof rating if it survived 10 minutes in a lake. If it were me I'd probably just forget about it. Maybe clean the charging port out with some isopropyl alcohol just to get the lake gunk out.

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I don't have advice for you, but I would like to know what phone and case you use.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if there is a Staples store in your area, but some Staples stores have a TekDry service, too. Low heat with vacuum that boils the water off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.