Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] SPRING 2022 [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Mar 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

What I want to know is why I get asked every 5 min if I need help when I don't, and when I do I can't find an employee afyer searching for 10min up and down aisles.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Several of the grocery stores have a subContractor that does this. OmniCart is one of the companies. They come out and some regular schedule, test them, clean them and fix them.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Or just swap out for a cart that isn’t fucked up. What’s the issue?

4. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's my point, there often isn't one that isn't fucked up. I understand a grocery store not having the ability to maintain their carts. Lowe's, Home Depot, they have the tools, lubricants, and parts, yet they have the most fucked up carts I've seen.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

There’s no excuse for that with billion-dollar companies. Any of those stores can afford at least one employee who’s sole duty is to collect, fix and maintain carts. It’s fucking bullshit that it isn’t a thing.

Costco is the only place where it doesn’t feel like you’re pushing cinder blocks on square wheels.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This problem has gone of the rails, though. At least in my area. There is no "just get another cart" because the carts are all gone. I had to turn around and go out to the parking lot the other day to get my own. And, those billion dollar companies can't hire anyone. You're right. They can afford an employee with that sole duty . . . but good luck hiring them. Are you going to pay them $20 / hour? Because that's what it's going to take.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don’t know about full maintenance but have on electric impact with the socket for tightening the wheels. Home Depot has less associates than all of them though. Kroger has a stable of 5-10 cart wranglers. One of them could hit the offending wheels as they see them. I had 3 consecutive of those half carts with a loose vibrating wheel in a row a few weeks back. I’m about to pull a Hank Hill and just bring mine on a tool belt and save the hot soccer moms from that grating wheel BS.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

jackass forever is now streaming on paramount+. Y'all are welcome.

9. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

and we were going to turn it off because my kids had seen every episode of paw patrol finally. Not yet! Thank you!

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

welcome. My wife and I watched it first night it hit theaters -- the best way, as grown adults, to celebrate going back to theaters since covid started -- and it's still just as great second time around. Ehren is fucking epic.

11. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Buddy of mine just bought a house and within a week he got reprimanded by the HOA for having a work logo on the door of his truck which was parked in his driveway. So now he hangs a sheet on each door to cover the logo. How they think that looks better than a logo is a mystery for the ages.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I will never, fucking ever, live in an HOA, unless I fully expect to go full on retard and burn the place down. Then I'll make it a reality show. "Fuckin' with the HOA".

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Actually, that would be hilarious.

Have some people who just don't give a single flying fuck about HOA's move into one, hire a crack legal team, and then see just how much you can totally fuck with their brains. Go for maximum damage utilizing all the legal rights and loopholes. "You never said I couldn't launch a rocket from my backyard." "What do you mean painting my driveway in cows blood is against the rules?"

14. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well the Lotomax is at 70mill for friday. you never know.

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would never have even considered an HOA, until I moved into a community where one house basically tanked the value of the neighborhood. Kids riding their dirt bikes in circles in the back yard for 6-8 hours, every day. Dropped a metal shipping container along with 3 rusted car frames in his back yard. Worked on his cars at 10pm so we would be listening to him revving a rumbling engine while trying to sleep before an early morning. Built a huge stack of molding hay bales so he had something to shoot at.

HOAs sound so fucking annoying to me, but listening to a dirtbike buzz in circles all day every day is pretty annoying, too. Also annoying: your house being hard to sell because nearly half the neighborhood had a great view of a rusty shipping container, junked cars, and a pile of hay slowly turning black.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, that's all handled by our civic zoning and ordinances... not an HOA.

I think the main problem is that if you get the wrong people on the HOA, you're fucked. It's really about the power tripping and level of control that the HOA members have. If they're normal, then it could be a great thing. If they're power-tripping psychopaths that want absolute control over everyone, then you're living in a nightmare.

And I'm not sure there's any way to ensure you get one over the other.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I posted before that parents lived in an HOA and my dad fucked with them by putting up HAM radio antennas. It’s funny, but not worth the hassle.

I had a few mandatory qualifications when looking for my own house, one of them was no HOA.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I don’t see why anyone would want to have stroke in one of those committees unless they already like imposing their will on people (or want to). I don’t know about you, but me being in the same room as those kind of people won’t go well.

If I wanted somebody telling me how to live in my home, I’d rent.

19. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

HOA’s are such a weird concept here. We have government offices that regulate zoning and noise and shit so dirt bike circle pits and ten pm suburban metalwork gets managed. It’s fucking weird having rules about what colours I’m allowed to paint my own fucking fence or what plants I can have in my driveway.

mostly that kind of thing here is short duration - like a new property development for the first ten years maybe, or in an apartment complex. And the people who volunteer to run those shitshows are always a complete nightmare. It’s the kind of gig where there’s only ever short term money in it if you’re trying to sell, and it’s a cunt of a job. People only take the gig to block an asshole, or far more commonly, to be an asshole.

20. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In the US, the number and restrictiveness of zoning laws and ordinances vary wildly by locale. In addition, there are often very few laws/ordinances outside of "city limits" (whatever the city defines as its city limits), which means much of suburbia has very relaxed restrictions on what people can and cannot do on/with their property.

In theory, you can go after someone in court, but it takes time and money to do so.

I certainly am under no illusions that HOAs are bastions of sanity and reasonableness. But man, when you spend money on a house and basically can't enjoy it for 80% of the day, then have two buyers back out when you go to sell it because they came over and watched Shithead Jr. ride a foot deep rut into his back yard... it's hard to not think that some protections would be useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.