Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] SPRING 2022 [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Mar 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Spring Equinox just began as of this minute.

2. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll be celebrating by drinking cocktails and eating barbecue outside this afternoon with some buddies while my stupid husband plays golf.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

We are probably going to the park and then eating leftover pizza. I still have some raspberry Mike's left in the fridge.

The weather is getting really nice and I see no more days with lows past 40F upcoming. Might have to plant some marigold seedlings, too.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

We’re at that time when it is hovering right around freezing and we have precipitation. Sometimes rain, sometime snow, all time cold and damp, but with the occasional stint of warm sunshine.

Prepping the gardens and wondering when to turn the outside water back on is the order of the day.

That and springtime yard cleanup… tons if small dead branches blown down due to high winds. Means I get to fire the wood chipper up and channel my inner Fargo.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I have a list of Spring projects I’ve been looking forward to. First up is putting down some pre-emergent fertilizer and clearing an area for a new shed.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

returned from a week in florida, caught a bunch of snook, and a horrible cough. Covid test is negative. Success?

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah... I'm looking at some major work. Spent some time today trying to figure out a bit of a new layout so I can store my 8' utility trailer in the back yard.

I'm looking at replacing the aging interlock brick driveway with a newer, slightly wider tinted/imprinted concrete slab that will turn into one big pour around the side and back of the house. It would involve replacing the fence/gate at the side of the house so I could fit the trailer through, and potentially shifting the position of my garden sheds to let it fit through better. We'll see.

8. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Little late to the fuel price party but I was in LA over the weekend and saw Premium at a Chevron for $7.99/gallon.

9. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Petrol price here is equivalent to $7.30USD per gallon. Converting that back to AUD hurts even more. Fucking Putin.

10. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I found one of these for $450. No engine, of course. Thinking about getting it and a 6-8 hp to go on it. That will sip fuel compared to all our other boats, with the exception of the San Juan 21.

Screenshot_20220321-142837-025.png

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

We have to get our driveway re-paved and I'm dreading it. I'm going to see if I can just filled the cracks for now and squeeze another 5 years or so of life out of it.

12. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What do you be estimate that's going to cost, and what is the square footage/ meterage?

I'm just asking so I can compare it to what I paid a few years ago for a driveway extension.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Don’t know yet. Neighbour had hers done this uear for about $20k, and I think mine will be under twice that at a pure guess.

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There are a handful of gas stations in LA that are notorious for being priced $2/gallon or more above the prevailing price in the city. We assume they subsist entirely by preying on tourists. Current prices elsewhere in the city are still under $6/gallon.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Y’all fucks missed steak and blow job day. It was March 14th. This thread was supposed to be my reminder to ask for one I definitely won’t get with that attitude mister

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Thirty to fifty thousand dollars, rough guess. We have stamped pavement on ours that the last owners put in twenty years ago. It cost over twenty thousand then and we live in a semi-detached.

17. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it just me, or does it seem like all these massive home improvement hardware stores always have the shittiest shopping carts. I got one today that seemed fine, rolled nice and quiet. Then I put a 45 oz dead blow hammer in it and front wheels wouldn't change direction, you could only push it in circles.

100,000+ square feet of just about every tool, part and material on the planet, and they can't fix a fleet of shopping carts.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Those things are abused. They have to be able to roll gently and quietly in the store on the nice tile, then go through the rain and dirty asphalt, and get left by idiots who decide to roll them into a ditch. They all suck.

My local Kroger grocery store started using the ones last year that have the security lock on one of the wheels. 2 or 3 times I've been pushing it out the door and it just locks up, because of a malfunction with a security tag or whatever. It's a pain in the ass, not only to suddenly have your momentum get halted, but waiting for the nearest idiot employee to come deactivate it.

19. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I thought this one was going to be better than usual because it didn't sound like the Budweiser Clydesdales clippity clopping through the store. I left it next to the hammers and went back for another that steered but did sound like iron shod hoofbeats.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Never mind it's not like they test them under load regularly... you should say something to someone about it, get it noticed, and then it'll probably get fixed.

Sure, they SHOULD have some sort of a program to regularly test the carts and ensure they work, but they probably don't because they are probably running close margins on barely having enough staff to run the registers, never mind extra shit like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.