Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] SPIRITUAL HOLIDAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Feb 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, no idea. It's my stepson's. 90% of what he eats is Asian food. Hard to see in the pic, but all the noodles, sea weed sheets, ramen and spam are his.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

No way. But you can see this one drawer.

IMG_20230226_113341_(1900_x_1400_pixel).jpg

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

our pantry is a walk in, about 8 feet deep, shelves on all three sides, filled floor to ceiling. Drives me fucking crazy when my kids say there's nothing to eat

4. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

Sure. I can agree with the premise that poor people from any place are willing to make sacrifices to live a more materially wealthy life. I'd say that is a tale as old as time. "I'm gonna live in the big city Pa!", etc. Countless dramas are based on that premise. Yup, easier when you're rich, and if you need to move to be considered "wealthy" because of market differences, I guess that's one thing.

5. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

Mine is significantly smaller, but always has food. Also, three grocery stores < 10m of walking away. My wife? "There's nothing to eat here, let's go out".

6. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

Lots of people want to leave rural areas for the city but are often tied down by their families. I guess a $50k/year person from NA could possibly have enough to fire over a year of living wages across to let them leave. I would say the living situations there mirror a lot of living situations in "Western" countries as well. Maybe these sexpats and fetishists are the real heros.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Experienced a little slice of what our future holds for us this morning. I overheard my daughter kick the Roomba and say, "I hate stupid robots."

8. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

If your surname in Connor, I think the end is coming.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

just registered for my first marathon. I'm sure this will go 100% perfect and in no way will result in injury, death, permanent disability or anything else that I will regret.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now imagine a teenage son having to reset your sex robot to the presets each time he sneaks off to use it. Gotta clear that cache. It’ll be like having to rewind the video tape to the the same point each time.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I imagine the inside of a sex robot is just like those drawn pictures of clogged arteries and heart disease.

12. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

I was very satisfied not imagining the inside of a sex robot in the hands of a teenage boy. Rick and Morty hit the humor limit with that one.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Now imagine being the janitor that has to mop up the holodeck.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

See, I always expected that to have just one big high pressure wash/dump to vacuum... zero manual intervention required.

15. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

I think The Lower Decks (which is a true love letter to Star Trek, 1,000,000x better than fucking Discovery) covers this.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Like one of those emergency, high-pressure showers they have in chemistry labs? Lol.

There was a pretty funny Cum Town bit a few years ago about someone watching the security footage of a holodeck and it would just be dudes pumping their dick and cumming into thin air.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That show is awesome.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now what would be a weirder sound all the loads hitting the floor after the photon emitters turn off or when they were sucked (technically blown) out of the airlock?

I really need to get Paramount Plus. I think Ill skip Discovery but I hear Strange New Worlds is good too. Been holding off on reading any spoilers for Picard because TNG was my favorite series. If I got a free trial what would be the best program to rip all of the episodes of everything? Better to just get back into torrenting?

19. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The weather here in NC has been abnormally warm most of this winter, particularly in February. 60 to high 70 most days. Things are blooming everywhere. This will not end well. I can't wait for the inevitable ice or snow storm in March. Should be swell.

20. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who is attempting to conquer your homeland that requires you to run 26 miles??

The dude I'm seeing is a self-professed weeb, and his anime recommendations are on point. For example, Neon Genesis Evangelion is a STUNNING treatise on depression. The problem is you have to understand a bit of Japanese culture and history to fully get it, and there is always a bit of inexplicable anime weirdness in any of it, regardless of genre. So it's a sort of built-in mechanism for weebs: the stories themselves are fantastic, and if you're not the intended audience (there's apparently anime for every demographic in Japan), it requires a bit of explanation to suss out the cultural/historical influences, or the just straight up weirdness. Also, anime can have no sympathy for the audience. So, there's a bit of cultural/critical dissection to it, and the anime weirdness (be it sexual, gore, or just....(sigh) whatever the fuck trauma some poor Japanese writer is dealing with) tends to throw people.

I would say Akira, Ghost in the Shell, NGE, and Cowboy Bebop were wildly influential outside of Japan. I'd add Fullmetal Alchemist as up there in terms of quality, but too recent to be as influential. I haven't yet seen any of the Mizayaki stuff (Spritied Away, My Neighbor Totoro, etc.) but it's reportedly up there in quality with anything Pixar/Disney has put out.

Case in point: https://www.slashfilm.com/778619/the-classic-anime-that-inspired-the-matrix/

I've given a few others an episode or two, and found their weirdness just too much to overcome. Chainsaw man fits in this category as a recent one. Beastars (ugh) is another one.

Avatar (the Last Airbender) I'd say isn't anime, but heavily influenced by it, stylistically.

I spent a few years traipsing around Asia as a white dude, and...there are some spots that cater to Westerners where an expat could do ok. I think the cultural barriers may be eroding, but for me the sexual tourism was...off-putting to say the least. I had friends who dated locals, and it ranged from "pretty normal" to "this is exploitative and gross, Jesus Christ Kyle, why is this hard for you?". In Indonesia this was particularly blatant. Some of this comes to light because of the stark differences in sexual cultural norms between western folks and Asian folks. In Korea, sex in just about all forms was taboo, and in Indonesia, things like transgendered folks, prostitution, etc. just weren't as...difficult, and could be more open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.