Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] ROAD TRIP DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 26, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy Road Trip Day!

I know Nett is out and about. @Nettdata were the fish biting today? How much longer til you hit the road again?

Does anyone have a road trip planned this summer? Where are you headed?

I think the last real road trip I was involved with was with my mom a few years back. We drove from Bama to Oregon. I am a terrible long distance driver so they are not my thing. The road lulls me no matter how much caffeine is pulsing through my veins.

It is also 'Don't Fry!" day. I last bought a batch of my favorite Neutrogena dry touch 100 spf broad spectrum a year or so ago when I was zeroing out that fsa account. Stores don't sell that specific spf anymore and I just googled why. Something something, benzene and cancer. WHAT, you mean that thing I was trying to avoid all this time?! I need to do some more digging, as it might only be the aerosol sunscreens. I'm just going to start dressing like a lawn ninja. If the sun can't see me, the sun can't get me!

Geeze.

This pic was copied off article about which sex positions are best for your sunburn
    upload_2023-5-26_16-33-24.png

@Fiveslide , would she make extra money for creative lines?
    upload_2023-5-26_16-31-13.png

Anyway. Happy Friday! I've got bacon in the oven as my first step into some bacon carbonara that I'm cooking for tonight. Y'all be good.

2. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A guy at my work died Wednesday; some kind of freak accident with a backhoe.
    I didn't really know him; he wasn't one of the mechanics. He rode around with me for a few days last year while we were getting all of our flood pumping engines going for hurricane season. He knew where all the pumps were, and I didn't.

Anyway, they are giving us all paid time off to go to his funeral Tuesday.

In other news, I'm installing a shift kit/ doing valvebody modifications on my '90 Suburban this weekend.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I’m driving the Ring Road in Iceland in August.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I’m in Winnipeg right now. Highballing it to the Bow Canyon area on the Alberta / BC border so I can spend a few days camping and fishing. Have a jet boat charter lined up. Should be fun.

My BFF wasn’t able to fly out and join me as planned, as he bought a house rather unexpectedly. Needless to say he’s really fucking busy right now.

5. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Driving to Ohio next month to spend several days with my wife's sister's family. Her husband is an antivax, trump loving idiot. Apparently he plans to ask me how to best protect his kids from human trafficking. My wife won't let me respond with "don't be a trump loving conspiracist"

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I crumbled this by hand and am only a little ashamed to admit that I licked both palms thoroughly before washing my hands. The taste reminded me of those shitty little bowling alley pizzas. Salty. Delicious.

IMG_20230526_181318_(1700_x_1700_pixel).jpg

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had four coworkers die before 35, one of which died before 21. I work in software, it's not supposed to be that dangerous.

As for road trips, I'm on one presently. 1,000 miles down so far, 2,000 left to go.

8. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know it's Memorial Day weekend, right?

9. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't know the mob owned software companies.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Java has a garbage collector, and the mob considers all garbage collecting jobs their turf.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Fuck. I knew it, too. This fact was disconnected from anything else happening.

12. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just finished a 4-day road trip from San Francisco up the Oregon coast. Oregon is beautiful; the southern parts weren't even very crowded. We drove the Avenue of the Giants and saw only a handful of cars the whole time.

PXL_20230520_211236403.jpg

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Worst case for me was losing about 20 co-workers in the Twin Towers 9/11 attack.

Was working with a big team from Wachovia Bank, building out their online banking system, when 20 people just went dark in my email and chat comms.

It was a hell of a mind fuck.

14. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My wife and I will be able to go to Maine in August, to see my dad for the first time in a few years. Excited about that.

She’ll also be five months pregnant, so that’ll be fun too.

We’re having our first kid! I’m excited and terrified but mostly excited.

15. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Checking in on our road trip.
    Got into Indianapolis a couple of hours ago, no thanks to a massive detour to avoid what must have been a pretty serious wreck in South Illinois.

After the race, on to Ohio to visit one of the kids, then Kentucky to tour Bourbon distilleries and watch the ponies run.

16. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since our IVF doctor found an egg donor for us we had to cancel our summer international trip plans and have instead decided to just cruise around central Sweden camping wherever we feel like it so we are closer to the doctor. We will be camping in the middle of nowhere, far from people after the past 6 months of taking constant care of Jägerettes parents. Plus since we just bought a new plug in SUV AWD we can use the battery for more creature comforts and make it a bit more glampimg.

Sweden has a ”right to roam” built into the constitution, which means you can go anywhere and camp anywhere as long as you can’t see into someone’s house windows. Since I am a geologist who spends a ton of time in the woods I have found some fantastic places and small lakes where no one ever goes so we can fo for days without seeing anyone. Jägerette plans to spend most of her time without clothes since she is a pervert or something. I plan to compulsively check my ballsack for ticks since ticks seem to love my ballsack.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And?!

18. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We don’t really have any vacation plans for this summer. I’ll be off with the band most weekends, but one of those weekends were in the Thousand Islands where they will put us up in a really nice house overlooking the St. Lawrence. It’s my wife’s birthday weekend, so she’ll go with me for a relaxing weekend. That’s about all we’ll have time for.

Since others have mentioned funerals, I went to services for a friend yesterday. He was the sweetest person I’ve ever known and a great medic. I was invited to be part of a “walk through” by the ambulance service we worked for, and was honored to be a part of it. What a great way to honor someone as well.

19. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

That's two of us

20. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's pretty interesting. As someone who often wants to get as far away from people as possible, I would love to have to worry less about property rights. Even a fair amount of remote federal and state lands in the US are no-camping-allowed... which is understandable considering what a bunch of douchebags most of my compatriots are.

What happens if someone is on your property and being loud even though you can't see them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.