Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] PROSECCO DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Aug 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

-buying a gun isn’t the first thing you should do.
    -buying a gun isn’t even the second thing you should do.
    -buying a gun is the third thing you should do.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

he also sent out an email a few days ago on why he takes psychedelics

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I haven’t watched it more than 5 minutes yet. I’m going to settle in with a scotch after the kids go to bed and have a good laugh.

I’m excited to find out what the intersection of psychedelics and firearms looks like.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

6 seconds in, and I'm out.

Fuck that.

5. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can guarantee you that morons like him who are obsessed with civil unrest are going to be the cause of the civil unrest. Way to tip your hand boys.

6. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've done the "homework" on how to defend my home and property against an enemy siege, which 2nd floor windows give the best vantage over the different avenues of approach, etcetera. And absolutely none of it stands a chance versus a world that's legitimately gone to shit. At best, I might outlive my neighbors whose property is less defensible, but it wouldn't be by much. This fabled Tucker Ranch sounds like nothing but open terrain all the way to the house. Is he gonna plant landmines? Does he have any people to man the observation points 24/7? Patrol the fence? Life is not "Yellowstone", my guy. You're not Dutton scaring off the bikers.

7. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

PS: the first step to having an impregnable fortress home is maybe not having it be so easy to find. Is Tucker 46, formerly of Austin?

8. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But don't bother actually shooting it, just hold it in your hand to see if it feels right. It's a Tucker Max(tm) video on home defense.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If /r/combatfootage has taught me anything, it's that an easily accessible commercial drone does a damn good job dropping ordnance.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He’s made enough money he could afford a belt fed tax stamp machine gun. That’d be enough firepower to defend long enough to scare off a larger gang.

Honestly anyone going to those lengths probably knows how to modify gun for full auto anyway so I’d just set up motion sensor activated machine guns like the ones in the movie Congo.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You spelled “remote sentries like in Aliens” wrong.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's also the fact that there's no way a power vacuum as large as the United States would be allowed to exist. There's a reason all the movies that deal with this scenario take place in the wake of a literal global apocalypse where zombies or a virus have wiped out like 99% of the population. In any sort of scenario they're fantasizing about, power would be seized by either internal or external forces. The idea that there would be some protracted siege between him and some marauders is ridiculous. The national guard of a nearby state would arrive and declare martial law before they defended their first GMO-free tomato with their first hoarded bullet. There's a reason this scenario doesn't play out in countries where institutions fail. They end up as illiberal democracies like Hungary, or as quasi-narco-states like Mexico, or just straight up dictatorships like Russia, but in no case is the entire country reduced to subsistence agriculture and 10 person city states.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Walking Dead is not a documentary?!

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I lurk on a lot of the prepper subreddits, and it's almost like people are hoping for this kinda stuff. In reality, IF they end up using their preps, it's for "normal" things like job loss or extended power outages. Then they eat their home grown tomatoes and pole beans that they spent hundreds of dollars in gardening materials to produce.

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, when I fantasize about my dream house, one of the things I include is water storage + on-site battery that can last seven days while cut off from the municipal systems, but that's for surviving an outage or a natural disaster or something. Not relying on it to rebuild civilization.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I learned during the texas snowstorm that being close to a fire station has its benefits as far as keeping the power on. We're on a water well, so if the power is on, I can eventually get enough heat going to keep the well from freezing. We now have a dual fuel generator capable of handling the bare minimum (I'm sure we'll be tested this upcoming winter), but yeah the idea of solar panels and some good batteries is nice. Although I heard locally that a lot of the Tesla powerwall things actually froze?

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They didn't really show it, they just watched the Ipad screen as the ammo depleted. I thought the turret mounted guns hitting guys in bad monkey suits was a much better visual of what I was talking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.