Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] PLANT A VEGGIE GARDEN DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Each time it has popped up an error basically saying I need to wait for an associate to come over. They waddle over and input their number which causes a little video to pop up with the last scan transaction I made and they look in my bag to verify what I scanned last is actually in there. After they do the number input, I never have another error on the machine again.
    One time, I'm brushing it off as just crappy machinery. It's been happening every time I have been through the self checkout lanes the past few visits so I don't think it's just random machine error at this point.

2. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Notice any pattern in the items you just scanned before this happened? If it is the same item every time I wonder if they have the item weight programmed correctly, or possibly an item that people often try to scan one of and toss two into the bag.
    Or maybe you are just shopping at a super ghetto walmart that is getting robbed daily at the self checkouts.

3. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think that it's a combination of the scales not being very good or not being calibrated correctly and errors in the catalog of item weights. I assume that they have a fudge factor built in and a certain error threshold before it triggers the check, and that the attendant approving it resets that to zero and maybe clears it for the rest of the transaction. I've noticed that I get these errors way more frequently at Walmart than other stores with self checkout lanes.

4. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

With how time is flying that is pretty much how I expect it to go.

5. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After clicking on a link in the Covid thread, I find there's another website, TikTok, where you can't actually adjust the volume with a slider. Why is this becoming more and more common with phone based apps when you use them on desktop? Instagram does it, TikTok does it, certain Tweets don't let you adjust. It's so fucking annoying having your volume set for normal browsing and then here comes the TikTok meme and my ears are bleeding.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

My wife thinks it’s “gay” that I will absolutely rock out to some Billie Eilish.

what’s the most embarrassing song you have on your phone? Annnnnnnd go!!!

7. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Probably a tie between Weekend in New England by Barry Manilow and Talking in your Sleep by Crystal Gayle.

My formative years were in the 70s living in the sticks with absolutely no musical influences beyond my mom and AM radio.

8. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess the most embarrassing song on my phone would be “Elvira” by the Oak Ridge Boys... but only because I did a livestream performance where I pulled random “Prime Country” songs from a hat and played them off the cuff. So I had a playlist that I listened to a few days ahead of time so I wasn’t totally unprepared.

Related - my first gig since moving to a new place is tomorrow night. And it’s also my first solo gig. I’m nervous, but I can’t really get any more prepared. It’ll be mediocre, but I make up for it in enthusiasm and willingness to make a fool of myself. I’m all about honoring weird requests.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    We were a hair metal band. Do you know how many times we had to play The Rodeo Song? To fucking many. I always had to play Shout at the Devil immediately following just to bleach the filth from my soul.

10. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This song is a banger....don't judge me monkey.

11. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Our lead guy will jokingly say, "If you have any requests, keep 'em to yourself." Maybe it's only half jokingly, because it IS effective at keeping people from staggering up, knocking our mic stand over, and drunkenly asking for "Devil Went Down To Georgia." The worst is when they or one of their friends wants to sing, although I have no problem saying no.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15 years or so ago, I used to go see one of my good friends' band all the time. They had a good set of rotating covers and mixed in their originals of 3-4 albums worth of material. So, they didn't do requests, unless you were requesting one of the covers or their originals. But, he would often say "if you have any requests, just write them down on a $20 bill and bring it up here." People rarely took him up on it, but if they did, the band would play (or try to play) it. One of the best ones I saw was in Savannah. They were a mostly pop-rock / folk-rock band. Somebody thought they'd be funny and requested Guerrilla Radio. The funny thing was, all the band (except the girl lead singer) were fans of Rage Against the Machine, and they knew it. They asked her to step aside, and they fucking killed it and the place went nuts. They requester ending up giving them another $100.

13. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw Rob Zombie play in 2005(?).
    Best stage show I ever saw, and he played for a LONG time.
    At one point, he took a few requests.

Ever heard Rob Zombie do "Hot for Teacher"?

I have.

When Jungle Julia and I saw Opeth on acid in 2016, Mikael took requests (of their own work).

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If the cast from “Glee” and the cast from “Diff’rent Strokes” had a prison cafeteria fight, who do you think would win?

I’m just trying to figure out which of these shows had the more fucked-up cast of assholes.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Mr. Belvedere from the top rope.

16. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just got home from my gig. First off, I have no misconception about my mediocrity. I’m a damn good bass player, and a damn good singer - but my guitar playing and piano skills are WEAK.

But I have experience in front of people, so when the gig starts, the stress and worry just go away. Turns out this place has regulars for all the Thursday shows and they were giving me requests, which I could actually do. I played two hours, made some new fans, live-streamed it to my Facebook and made tips in person and online.

It was super fun, and I’ll do it again. Try and make it a monthly thing.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Pee Wee Herman jizzing ropes.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

it said he was dying his hair from his early MTV days, but yeah he still looks a bit weathered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.