Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] OKTOBERFEST [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Oct 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy Oktoberfest to you!

We are into the middle of October. Has your weather changed? I am seeing colors changing, leaves falling, light rains, cool air, and overcast days. Fall is here and all that's left is to clean up the garden and enjoy a beer.

Do you have a favorite Oktoberfest beer this year?

Happy Friday to you all. Grab a Sam Adams seasonal beer and light the fire. Time to relax.

Would you rather this woman bring you all the beers?

[​IMG]
    Or these women bring you one beer?

[​IMG]

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah we are fully in the Fall season now. I bitch about living in New England sometimes, but having four distinct seasons is pretty nice. Have a friend coming to visit in a couple weeks. He insists on going up to Salem. He does not grasp how miserable that adventure will be.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's been rainy, but cooler. It's nice.

4. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mid-high 80's next week. Still got some boating days, pool days and BBQ weather left. Makes me happy.

5. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's always bbq unless it is blowing so hard I can't keep the grill lit

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A girl, who is lit, blowing you hard? Sounds like a good time!

Has anybody seen my glasses?

7. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I smoked a turkey one year and got absolutely drenched by the rain. Now I have a fancy gazebo/pergola thing to keep me nice and dry.

8. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can you give me a realistic expectation of how bad this will be? We are heading up to Amesbury next week with plans on trying to go to Salem on Friday. I'm not really for it but my wife and kids are insisting on going. How drunk am I gonna need to be to survive this?

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The misery mostly comes from tourists thinking that Salem is a theme park with ample parking, and the locals who hate driving behind them at a crawl as they search for non-existent parking spots. The majority of the year Salem is just a quiet outer suburb of Boston, with infrastructure to match.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It's a massive mob of people dressed as witches and shit. Then you realize about 20 minutes in there's nothing to actually do except drink in the street. You can just do that with your garden variety hobo.

11. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We haven't been boating in weeks. It's been solidly in the mid 70's or lower. I been waiting for one last warmer day, but it doesn't look like it's coming.

I just finished closing our friend's pool for her. Her husband died in a car crash in February, she needed the help. It's been my first times doing pool shit. We accidentally let it go green after it got too cold to swim. Took me days to get it back clear and balanced before closing it. Hopefully it doesn't look like a swamp when I uncover it next year.

12. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would definitely vote for Option 2. I know how many of those giant beers I can drink and remain functional; beer maid #1 would kill me. However, since Oktoberfest is in the middle of September, this question is now academic - all beer maid outfits have been packed for the season.

Speaking of drinking beer and remaining functional, @bewildered posted a shakshuka picture in the cooking thread, which inspired me to try making one last night. It was great. The only downside was, due to the number of steps involved in the recipe I made up, I wasn't paying attention to the number of times I emptied my wine glass. I'm more than a little foggy this morning.

Not sure if the crispy sauteed chickpeas I sprinkled on top are traditional - they do cover up the display of the eggs a bit - but it was delicious. Thanks for the inspiration, 'wildered!

PXL_20231014_005748260.jpg

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That looks delicious!

And chickpeas has a connection to Oktoberfest. Oh, no wait, that's chick pees.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anybody take any good eclipse pictures yet?

I'm looking at you, Texas people.

15. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We were supposed to have about 80-85% coverage where I'm at but it's a bit overcast today and because it was so early, the Sun was still low and couldn't see it through the trees anyways

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got a couple shitty ones with a filter over my phone. IMG_1959.jpeg

17. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Aw fork. I was informed that the eclipse was at 4pm. Then I saw people talking about it and realized it was eclipsing when I was in the garden. It was overcast and sooo dark, and I was like wtf it's so dark today, better get the sad lamp out. I don't think I would have seen anything if I looked anyway.

@Binary that shashuka looks delicious! The chickpeas are authentic as far as I'm concerned, and I bet they were a tasty topper.

19. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I went out to take eclipse pictures but didn't end up with much. Some cloud cover blocked a lot of the maximum coverage time (which was only about 60% here anyway), and once the max coverage time was over the sun was too bright for me to capture anything cool like sunspots or whatever. So it just looks like a white orb with a slice out of it:

Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 4.41.41 PM.png

I got some great ones of the last full solar eclipse I attended, but had to be satisfied today with the hike I did afterwards.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I had my solar glasses at the game today. I saw it start then about half hour before the zenith it clouded over completely. Next spring's is coming right by me and will only need to drive 40 minutes or so to be dead center line. Im going to request off work. Hopefully it isn't cloudy that day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.