Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NUDE DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fiveslide, Jul 14, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If they'd go back to the drawing board and add a manual transmission option, it would go a long way to set it apart from the euro competition. It would move the c8 up on my list of dream cars if they did that. It's pretty low on my list, but it is on there.

Don't any of you spew that shit about auto being better. I. Do. Not. Care if they are faster.

2. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know how much money Porsche makes when they release a special edition that has a manual. They sell out in seconds. I don't get why everyone doesn't do a manual, everyone asked for them and when they do offer they sell out.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The vast majority of drivers don't know how to drive a stick any more.

I also wonder about the technology involved... it might be that the new shifting mechanisms maybe can't be done manually any more in some of the newer cars... with all the crazy speed matching, etc, of so many moving parts.

4. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My manual has rev matching but from what I've read on the Corvette forums, a manual wouldn't physically fit behind the engine in the new layout. Or could be bean counters looking at C7 manual sales (~15%) and deciding to just off it completely. Unfortunately, all the cars I'm looking at don't even come in a manual anymore. New Z06, 2017+ Audi R8, 2017+ NSX or 2015+ 911 Turbo S.

I will say that in the 20 mins I drove it, the shifts were rapid fast. Both up and downshifts. No human is shifting as fast as it did.

5. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yea i can drive manual but no where good enough if i wanted to track it to drive stick. The new supersport 1L bikes are all clutchless shifting, super weird to get used to, only need the clutch for shifting into gear if i remember correctly.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WGA (the Writers Guild of America) and SAG-AFTRA (the Screen Actors Guild - American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) are both on strike due to their objection to the offers the AMPTP (Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers) have made to them for their next guild contracts. There was a story recently that quoted an anonymous studio executive that said they weren't looking to negotiate, but were planning to wait out the guilds until October, when they expected a lot of writers/actors to have lost their apartments/homes due to lack of work, and therefore be more amenable to taking whatever deal the AMPTP offered. The exact quote was:
    Ron Perlman, a member of SAG-AFTRA, is making a not-very-veiled threat to the author of that quote that "there's more than one way to lose a house."

#8 Aetius, Jul 14, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2023
  9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy Nude Day!

Ahhh... Birthday suit freedom. What is better? Go frolick, but apply sunscreen because that sun is no joke.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's a show I just discovered called Naked Island. It's some British show. Has anyone seen it?

Alt focus: manual transmission vehicles. Can you drive them?

I learned to drive on a stick shift. The practice course was a giant loop in the neighborhood that included a couple challenges for the stick shift novice. There was a stop sign at the top of a ridiculously steep hill one place. Once you mastered that, you were allowed you exit out the main entrance, which meant that you were able to peel out of the neighborhood (also on a hill) to join traffic that that always sped too fast around that blind curve just up the road. I think my dad thought he was going to die on several occasions. Once, I hit a squirrel corpse in the middle of the road. He accused me of doing it on purpose and was disgusted and mad. I said dad, there is no way I could have hit it if I tried. I was trying to avoid hitting it.

All my vehicles for the past decade have been automatic, and I prefer that.

Happy Friday folks. Y'all be good.

#9 bewildered, Jul 15, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
  10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes. I learned in high school, because I thought that was a skill everyone needed. I never wanted to be in an emergency where I didn't know how and was stuck or would die or something. HA! Joke's on me. Almost 40 years later and I've never been in such an emergency. But, my motorcycle is technically a "manual transmission vehicle," so I guess I still have one.

If the previous is the Alt focus, is this the focus? If so, I support it. Here are two lovely ladies enjoying one of their nude days:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've driven nothing but manual transmission vehicles since I was 18. 3 different model Mustangs, and now a Jeep Wrangler. I was looking to trade in my current Jeep for a newer 4xe but found out they don't even offer a manual transmission option any longer, so looks like I'm going to keep the current one a bit longer. I realize here in the US they're just going to continue to be phased out, but I want to be able to hold onto mine for as long as possible.

Plus, having a stick is the best anti-theft device out there these days.

12. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Younger GTE didn't mind sitting in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic with a manual but middle aged GTE says "Hell. No." Buddy of mine wanted a Honda Fit (aka; slow ass econobox) in a manual so bad that he ended up flying so SoCal to get one. Him and his wife go the coast probably 8 times a year which is a four drive on the freeway with spots of stop and go traffic and then several hours on Highway 1 which is super windy. I don't know how he doesn't have a buff left leg with all that shifting.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Same. CA traffic is a whole other ball of wax, but I just find fiddling with the stick to stop and go across town through traffic and intersections to be a chore. The control over your vehicle is kinda fun, but not enough to outweigh the chore aspect to me. And I can always tell when I'm sitting next to someone driving a manual who isn't very good at it, because they don't have that control.

14. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is basically where I'm at with manuals. Most of the vehicles I've owned were manual but I don't really want one right now as my main car. I do want to get another Mustang at some point as a second car and that for sure will be manual.

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I drove manual transmissions from the time I learned how to drive (about 14 years old) until... I guess I was around 30 when I finally got an automatic transmission.

I like driving a stick shift but at this point I'd probably only get one again if I found the need to have a secondary "fun" car. I don't gain enough enjoyment out of it to offset the annoyances in traffic. And I don't gain enough enjoyment in general to justify a fun car, so I don't really see this happening in the near future.

16. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Of course I can drive them. My Firebird has a 5 speed, and I just adore it.

With that said, lately I've taken a real interest in automatics, specifically the operation/ building/ modification of them.

A well built/ modified auto can be a surprising amount of fun to drive.
    That, and I feel that I need to increase my mechanical skill level. For most of my life, I treated automatics like Black Magic, but a couple of years ago, I needed to rebuild the 4L60 for JJ's LS-swap, and I wasn't going to pay someone else to do it.

I've taken on a couple of transmission jobs since then, and I might be rebuilding a GM 6L80 soon.

But manual is definitely more fun to drive. In fact, I may do a manual swap on my Dad's '07 Grand Marquis in the future; right now, I'm slowly collecting parts for it.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All four of the cars that Ive owned have been manuals. I really do want to get a decent gas mileage auto for commutes. Premium is ass raping my wallet. New MR2 is a turbo so more premium for me! My commutes are not bad as far as start and stop traffic but if Im going to get a commuter car it'd be nice to not have to shift too.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Probably better than most. I learned how to race using a 4 speed with a monster, slow spooling turbo, which meant that I had to learn how to heel-toe brake/shift, and left-foot brake to maintain boost through slower corners (which is basically keeping the throttle up to maintain engine RPM/boost, while braking with your left foot at the same time, all while dealing with a clutch). All on a notoriously shitty (but very strong) 4 speed, without syncros.

I love manuals, and have always considered my ability to drive them well a point of pride.

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Technically I learned how to drive a manual, but I haven't driven one since I learned. Never had the need.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

All my dad's family were farmers, so I started driving stuff when I was about 8... started with small tractors, moved up to combines, etc. Including learning how to drive a farm truck that had a busted clutch.

My first vehicle was an old VW Rabbit GTI at the age of 16, fully manual.

Every non-truck vehicle I've had up until 3 years ago has been a manual.

Gotta say the Cayenne Turbo with launch control kind of makes me not miss it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.