Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NEVER BROKE A BONE [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rush-O-Matic, Mar 3, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We never went to tracks and hung around that trailer trash. We did look down our noses at people with strictly bushbuster hand guards. Twice as useless.

2. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jesus dude, guess the only way you could be doing worse would to be in a wheelchair or six feet under.

3. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No broken bones that I'm aware of, but I've probably broken a metatarsal in my foot given the big knot on top of one of the bones in my left foot. I had a high pain tolerance as a kid so who knows?

I've only gotten stitches once. I was about 12 changing a belt on a combine. I was standing on the header (the rotating bit) and went to step down and slipped in some grease. I landed on my feet and on the ground. Nothing seemed amiss until my sock felt wet. I looked down and I could see the tibula in my right leg. 300 stitches later, I was as good as new. A 1/4 inch piece of metal came about 1.5 inches from going completely through my leg. That was an interesting experience.

The next morning when I woke up, I stepped out of bed and promptly fell over from the pain. I learned to stretch carefully for about 3 months. Pulling the non-disolving stitches out of your leg kinda sucks.

4. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Only broken bone that I know of for certain is a broken arm when I was a little kid. Though I've a shit ton of other injuries, muscle tears, cartilage and ligaments that sometimes makes me wish I just broke a bone.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Thursday snacking is alright.

IMG_20230309_104449_(1500_x_2000_pixel).jpg

6. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I made it to 35 before I broke a bone.

I was walking in a campground on Labor Day last year and I moved to the side of the gravel road to get out of their way, thinking to myself at the time "be careful that's a hell of a drop into that ditch."

I stepped on a rock wrong and fell into said ditch.

Do not recommend, both the broken bone itself (fairly minor, I was in a boot for about six weeks) or the fact that it's such a stupid story to tell about breaking your bone as an adult.

At least it wasn't my hip, I guess.

7. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Broken a bone in my right foot the 2nd to last weekend before summer break in like grade 6 or so.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I don't remember

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.