Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NEVER BROKE A BONE [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rush-O-Matic, Mar 3, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not while running. I was in a body cast when I was 8 months old. I'm fairly certain I was shitting myself then.

I've definitely clinch-walked into the woods, though. And, I've used the one port-a-potty with no lock but it didn't matter because every one in the queues knew there was someone in there except this one idiot who decided to cut in line and open the door while I was squirting out a nasty energy bar shit.

But, no, not while running.

2. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait, what? How do we not know this story?

Sold! Sign me up!

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know. One of my many broken bones. I was on the dining room table in a kid container of some kind. My sister was supposed to be watching me. (She was 3. Thanks, Mom.) She went to watch TV instead. I climbed out of the carrier or whatever it was (circa 1969 - did they have car seats yet?), crawled off the table, and broke my femur when I hit the floor. Viola, body cast.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Do you drink your daily milk and thank the god of Rock and Stone that you've never, ever broken a bone?

I guess that's a club @Rush-O-Matic is not a member of.

Happy Friday everyone!

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You seeing this thunder-snow we’re getting, Nett? That’s a rarity. Incredible blue too, I thought it may be a power surge.

6. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

BD96A629-6895-4030-9F59-33B01281356D.jpeg Up until age 54 I had never broken a bone, never had an operation of any kind - fuck I never even had stitches. I think I sprained my pinky finger once. That’s it. And I didn’t exactly lead a sheltered life. I spent entire days walking in the woods, along railroad tracks and climbing into old iron mines. Tackle football, jumping my bike over shit, then later in life a series of drunken shenanigans.

Then early one morning I was laid low by black ice in my own damn driveway. Broken tibia and fibula and a couple of cracked ankle bones. I had a rod inserted in the tibia, screws, etc. I checked off the broken bone, operation and stitches boxes all in one fell swoop.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah... I've seen thunder snow a few times... not normal, to say the least, and very cool.

Good night to stay in and relax by the fireplace.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fucking hell! When did this happen?

9. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

December 2020. 3 days before Christmas.

The orthopedist did a hell of a job. Other than some knee soreness - that’s the point where they slide the rod down into the tibia- my leg and ankle feel great.

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Was this a fall at your house with a snowy, hilled driveway? I vaguely recall you talking about it when it happened.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

AAAUUGGH!!!!!!!!!

It looks like a 90’s album cover.

12. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I broke my foot kicking a field goal at the New Orleans Saints... training facility.

The company I work for had a regional All Employee Meeting there. We got to tour the facilities, meet some coaches, get inspirational talks from a coach and player, eat at their dining/nutrition hall, then they had some exercises/drills set up at the indoor training facility. Kicking field goals off a tee, fair catching kicks, obstacle course run, and of course targets to throw at.

The first thing my group did was kicking field goals. The very first attempt I drilled the field goal but my tennis shoe caught on the turf and I about killed myself stumbling trying not to trip over and eat shit (turf) in front of a couple hundred co-workers. I noticed my foot hurting then, but didn't pay it too much attention. Missed the next field goal, made the next. Don't know if it was the kick that did it or stumbling around like a fool.

Caught 2 of 3 kicks (from a jugs machine - equivalent to about a 50 yard punt). It's starting to hurt more now but I ran the obstacle course faster than I thought I would have for being fat, out of shape, and 48 years old. Really started hurting after that and I didn't even bother with the throwing exercise.

After 2 days of moderate pain and a really swollen foot I finally went to the local urgent care. X-rays were inconclusive, they gave me a walking boot and I left to go a baseball game. Just before picking up my wife to go to the game I get a call back from urgent care, another doctor looked at the X-rays and decided he saw a broken bone in my foot. I had to go back immediately to get it rechecked, left on crutches and was told "no weight on that foot" for two weeks then come back. After that, a walking boot for 3 more weeks.

So I made it 48 years before I broke a bone. Not too bad since I played football for a number of years and a few years of BMX before that.

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have broken three bones.

...only one of which was mine.

14. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yep my house, on a hill, moving our cars around when I stepped on black ice. My right foot slid, my left stayed planted. Everything after that happened in slow motion. I felt and heard the snap and had time to think “this is going to be bad”.

*Narrator*. It was

Breaking your foot kicking field goals is a way cooler story.

15. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

And yet, even after typing a short novel, I feel like Aetius may have a better story (or stories).

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Who had the other two boners?

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Your parents.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

When I was young and even dumber, I decided my goal was to run a marathon before I turned 18. Had I actually done that, in all likelihood I would not be training for one today. But I also wouldn’t have a fun story and decades of unfulfilled dreams.

So I was 17, doing training runs of roughly half marathon distances per day. I didn’t know any better, the internet wasn’t the knowledge source it is today, and I was again, you and dumb(er). This was during the summer, xcountry season started that fall. So I go into training for the season, having done months of 50 mile weeks. I also had osteoporosis at the time (didn’t know it yet) thanks to the brain tumor (would learn about that in two years)!!

I’m out on this training run with the team, halfway into a 4 mile run, and feel a massive pop in my lower back. Being, again, fucking retarded, I decide it’s just a muscle or some shit and finish the run back to campus.

nope! Broken back. Stress fracture I didn’t identify broke all the way through on that run, hence the pop. The extra two miles of running made it worse. I was out for my senior year, made worse by the fact that I had the times my junior year to likely run at the college level had I put more and presumably slightly improved times on paper senior year.

completely fucked myself over. And now because I didn’t “prove myself” to myself by being the first college athlete of my siblings, despite being not athletic, I’m gonna go do this shit again and be the first to run a marathon.

tldr: broke a bone running. I’ve also been run over by a deer while running trails. That story is kinda self explanatory though.

20. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My broken bone story is sad, pathetic, and makes me look like a fucking idiot.

I was 12 years old. It had snowed a couple days earlier and I was over a friends house playing in their backyard. The snow was about 6" deep or so. We made a bunch of footprints in the snow running around. It started to get colder and the footprints began to freeze into little potholes. About an hour later, I stepped into one of the footprints and my foot didn't come out clean and I broke my big toe. I went to the doctor the next day, had it splinted and taped and was put on crutches for 4 months. It happened to break on the growth plate and the doctor said if it didn't heal correctly it could cause me to walk with a limp for the rest of my life.

Thankfully, my mom backed up my lie saying I broke it at an indoor soccer match when I was brought back to school a couple of days later.

Taken out by a snow footprint...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.