Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] National Waffle Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Aug 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That works out to $10 (Canadian) for a 12oz bottle, times 2.

There's the exchange rate and the delivery "tax" to consider (if it was in a store around here, it would probably be a bit cheaper, but maybe by a couple bucks... which I'm more than happy to pay if I don't have to drive to some place, park, find it, etc).

But yeah, I'm cool with that.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

It’s a standing offer. I told @Nettdata if he didn’t like it he could ban me for however long he feels is appropriate. I challenge anyone else on here to get Valentina, and if you don’t like it, just tell him and I’ll make him ban me for the right amount of time too (nett, take them at their word, don’t make me go skyellow on you).

I don’t have anything to make off that hot sauce, but I am a man of my word, especially with food. I only recommend the best stuff. If it’s not worth it, I deserve the consequences.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

So Eminem just released a new album, Kamikazi, without warning or any promo and it’s really good.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Beyoncé used to do that, she just couldn’t grasp the “good album” part of the deal.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Stepping Stone will definitely get some radio play, and with the movie coming out, a radio edit version of Venom will. Fall and Kamikaze are okay, but the rest of the songs feel like they are missing something. The hardness, speed and bite in Em's rap are all there, but the songs themselves don't rise to "really good" imo.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

You guys are having an influence on me. I went to Walmart for a super pantry restock trip as well as for supplies for this Labor Day holiday weekend and picked up a bottle of Valencia hot sauce instead of our usual Tapatio since they are both supposed to be mild and at the same price point. I have to agree with zyron, you guys are getting ripped off. I paid $1.01 for my bottle. Woohoo!

I have a skirt steak marinating in the fridge for carne asada and my very mild Valencia sauce will go well with it. I thought I could take the heat but now that I have moved out here the local Mexican food (or rather, their hot sauces) melting my face off. I will have to keep my own hot sauce on hand.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Where did you move to?

At least in my opinion, high heat with mexican food is good so long as it also has flavor behind it. I can't stand heat for the sake of heat. Unless I just am in the mood for melting my face off, and there's certainly a time and a place for that. Just have some cold Dos XX ready.

I generally stick with habanero-based or jalapeno-based hot sauces. I'm not a breakfast person so if I have 14 meals a week, I'm easily gonna be putting hot sauce on at least 10 of those. Ghost pepper-based sauces also have their place, and I always keep one in my fridge to put on stuffed pasta like ravioli. This is my favorite naga jolokia one.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

We move to Eastern Oregon, right outside of what you would consider the Pacific Northwest I guess. There are a lot of Hispanic people in this area and a lot of travelers, and there are more local Mexican joints here than I can count. I think I have tried about 5 different places since I've been here, street tacos and burritos are pretty damn cheap. I usually get carne asada. The food itself is good but their hot sauces kill it for me. I can tolerate a green sauce here or there but I have to use so little of it there seems to be not much point and using it.

Eh. They make pot tea and sodas. Not that weird. Not sure if this is what they are using, but I think I read that there is a way to have the wheat grow with THC in it so there is less processing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.