Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL UNPLUG DAY 3/6/20 [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Mar 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I am also thinking about purchasing a new mattress and the Purple brand really intrigues me. Has anyone had experience with them?

Also, I second what @gamecocks said - my house is never cleaner than before I leave for vacation. I love the feeling of coming home to a clean house.

2. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We bought a Casper 2.5 years ago and it's way too soft for me. I actually put a piece of 3/4" plywood under my side and that helped some. Wife seems to like it but she weighs 90lbs less than me and sleeps on her back. I sleep on my side and the softness murders my back. Visited my grandparents recently and their guest room mattress is so soft, I'd wake up halfway through the night due to back pain and have to move to the floor. Wife slept like a baby the whole trip. We stayed in a hotel a few months back with a very firm bed and I slept the best I have in years. She tossed and turned all night and woke up in knots. I'm convinced that we need a Sleep Number bed but they're stupid expensive and from what I've read, not the best quality.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Best thing I ever did was have separate beds. I’m now divorced, so take that as you will.

4. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In my vague morning fog I made a tuna sandwich for lunch. Moving through that fog in the intervening half an hour when I left for work, I had it in my head that I had made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I tossed it in my backpack, and put it out on my desk when I got to work. Several hours later, as I was halfway through the sandwich it all snapped into place. I had eaten a tuna sandwich that had been sitting at room temperature for at least four hours.

I’ve had food poisoning twice that I can verify, and one of those events was caused by bad tuna. It should be an interesting afternoon.

5. tweetybird

tweetybird
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Pretty much every direct-to-consumer mattress (like Casper, Purple, etc.) is made in the same factory to the same specs. Those companies are all branding. You or I could start a mattress company tomorrow by calling up the manufacturer and paying them for the inventory. This information courtesy of my husband who used to work in advertising and had a mattress company as a client.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

We could also just start a money laundering operation like Mattress Firm.

7. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I believe a Twin XL is half the size of a king matress. My wife basically likes to sleep on concrete i like a softer bed. We may look at going that route next time we get a bed.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Is there a difference with the physical store locations or are those basically the same as well?

9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Buddy of mine owns an appliance and mattress store in Canada and he says even he has a hard time telling who actually manufactures traditional spring style mattresses apart due to all the smoke and mirrors in that industry.

An older link but still holds true IMO
    https://www.vox.com/2015/3/5/8151607/mattress-buying-tips-savings
    "the popular Simmons Beautyrest line has different brand names at different stores. The "Beautyrest Recharge Allie" at Macy's is called the "Beautyrest Recharge Devonwood Luxury" at Sears, the "Recharge Signature Select Hartfield" at Mattress Firm, and the "Beautyrest Recharge Lyric Luxury" at US-Mattress.com. If customers don't realize these are names for the same mattress, it's harder for them to bargain effectively."

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I read this article a while back. It was in no way relevant to me at the time since I wasn't really in the market, but it was still fascinating to read. I recommend anyone with a bit of time to spare check it out. That whole business is fucked up. Which is why I figured I'd check on here, hopefully someone might help me cut through the crap.

11. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wife sells them at her furniture store, she just got a walk through from a manufacturing rep from the company. They are built in a similar manner to most of the other bed in a box mattresses, but they do stay much cooler than a typical memory foam mattress and they do have more support for pressure zones depending on how you sleep. Based on construction if you weigh a lot the Purple will collapse more because the top layer isn't foam. It's about the same price as the other options so if you like being cool at night, it's good, otherwise, any of the other memory foam ones would be fine.
    *Edit - The Purple Hybrid Premier is expensive, but leaps beyond anything Casper has put out. It's also $2200 so it's not exactly a cost effective option.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Ended up getting a tempurpedic. Rather pay a little more given that Ill spend about 8 hours on it a day for 10+ years.

13. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let us know what you think. Some people say they run hot and they don't have any bounce for the sexy times.

14. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Great, now you're just giving him ideas on new ways he can "jokingly prank" his wife. Which will ultimately lead to him burning his house down.

...Ya know what? 'nerds, you do you. Just make sure you tell all of us about it.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

my wife turns into a sauna at night so we have enough fans in our room to simulate a category 4 hurricane. From what I read, and the dude also said at the store, the issues with them being hot were fixed a few years ago when they adjusted the type foam they use. Also we got a hybrid model with springs so that should help too.

16. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If a woman tilts the camera so her profile pic is caddie cornered, there’s a 100% chance she’s fat.

Cmon ladies, you’re better than that.

17. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I met a girl on Plenty of Fish (yes, I'm that old) some years ago and she was a master of the selfie. Looking at her pictures, you'd think she was a curvy gal but in reality she was probably in the 275-300lb range. Like Rebel Wilson before she lost weight (but taller)

18. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

False advertising. It’s 100% acceptable to walk out on that date.

I’m not even playing the field anymore. I just see the bullshit they play and act like it’s all good.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

There’s something to be said here about learning to channel efforts elsewhere. Try creating the reality instead of living in the fantasy. You cannot fantasize away diabetes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.