Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL TELL A JOKE DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Aug 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

AUGUST 16, 2019
    NATIONAL TELL A JOKE DAY
    NATIONAL RUM DAY
    NATIONAL AIRBORNE DAY

Focus: Make us laugh with your best dad joke as we sip our favorite rum (Bayou Rum).

Alt focus: longest airtime in your personal history? Some of you might have played basketball and experienced some serious hangtime. Others may have flown over the handlebars of their bike as a kid. Personally, my longest time in the air was that time I fell out of a tree. Womp womp.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Focus:

Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?

....because it was dead.

3. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: What is a windmill's favorite type of music?

They're big metal fans.

Alt Focus: Does skydiving count? Because if so it's definitely that.

4. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Focus: Sandwich walks into a bar, starts to order. The bartender says "HEY! We don't serve food."

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

How do you make holy water?

You boil the hell outta it.

6. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why do ducks have flat feet?

To stomp out fires.

Why do elephants have flat feet?

To stomp out the burning ducks.

7. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why did the man cross the road?

Because his dick was stuck in the chicken.

When is a door not a door?

When it's ajar.

When I was in prison, I met this guy who knew every lame, corny joke you could think of.
    The thing about it was that half the time he would screw up the delivery, and it would be funnier than the actual joke.

Ex: "What did the daddy tomato say to the baby tomato when it wouldn't catch up?"

To this day, I still don't know if he was doing it on purpose.

8. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What’s the difference between an oral and rectal thermometer?

The taste

9. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shit hit the fan with me and my stepson today.

After telling him numerous times this week (and before) not to wake us up unless it was an emergency, he woke us up twice this morning to tell us the PlayStation didn’t work.

I was livid. Got dressed for work, scolded him that video games weren’t an emergency, and slammed the door.

It may seem like an overreaction but let’s review the culmination- refuses to respond to his mother unless she counts to 5, directly disobeys us even after making eye contact, will only behave at dinner if he has a screen in front of his face. Won’t eat half the time unless his mom manually feeds him (he’s 6).

Granted his dad is a piece of shit but that doesn’t detract from the fact he’s disrespectful.

I’m at a loss. I had a healthy fear of my dad when I was a kid and he thinks it’s all a game.

10. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can you beat him senseless?

11. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My dad scared the absolute piss out of me and nearly dislocated my shoulder after I smacked my sister when I was little. I’m not advocating that but it wouldn’t hurt to instill a fear of god into him.

This kid knows his mom will rescue him if I get on him.

12. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Looks like you need to be the one to lay down the law and set the boundaries. Obviously you don't have to beat the shit out of him, but getting his respect with some stern discipline is 100% warranted given what you've told us.

13. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Easier said than done. Wife thinks I’m “favoring” the other kids but he’s so far out of line it’s hard to see otherwise. I stated these talking points to her and all of a sudden she’s tired.

I’m used to dealing with different personalities but if this isn’t denial, I don’t know what is.

FYI, he doesn’t act like this when she’s not around. He knows the rules and is great when she’s gone but as soon as she shows up he’s pulling that same shit again.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Have you tried family therapy?

15. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That’s up next

16. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Between this and your other post about your bio-kids, it seems like your type is bad mothers. As a stepdad, you pretty much have no authority without her support. I guarantee that he is constantly telling her what an asshole you are when she isn't around.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

That's what I was gonna suggest. Being a parent is difficult enough, and that's with a spouse who's on the same page and well-behaved kids. Change one single variable and everything goes to shit. In this case, a few variables have changed. There is no easy answer, and the longer it goes on the worse it's going to get.

The first goal that, under ideal circumstances, should be met, is that both parents parent in the same manner (or at least present as one united front to the children). If they see mom and dad as doing things different they're going to jam a wedge into that crack and hit it with a 90 lbs sledge hammer.

Under these circumstances I'd suggest both family and couples therapy, since challenges with children is ultimately going to cause significant marital issues as well. If it hasn't already. Getting the kid (or kiddos) on board with therapy is important, but even if just you and wife are able to go right now that's a major step in the right direction.

18. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's no reasonable comparison in that statement. Fear isn't a good way to parent, and physical abuse is what bad parents resort to out of incompetence, impatience, or ignorance.

Good parents don't beat their kids. Sorry that you had a shitty dad.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This sounds like the kid needs to be medicated. If pills can settle them down enough so that you don't strangle them to death, that's progress. Murder charge or pills your choice.

Also:

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Nah, probably just needs some time, patience, and solid parenting, mixed in with therapy.

Think of it like a dog that's been kicked for most of its life... you don't medicate it, you apply some behaviour modification techniques to retrain them. It takes time, but hopefully you get good results before you end up having to put them down.

Same goes for kids, for the most part. The thing is that most parents have zero fucking clue how that is done, so they try what they think is best, and it doesn't work.

That's where therapy comes in. The pros can help. They know how to deal with shithead kids like that, for the most part.

Medication, I feel, is a fucking cop out the vast majority of the time.

In this case, probably all three of them need adjustment, and a good therapist can analyze that situation and figure out a course of action to help resolve it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.