Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL TACO DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Oct 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Only the first link works and that doesn’t explain anything. The alt universe route is absurd and outside of the fan service scenes of having Riker and 7-of-9, this show is probably going to be boring. The trailers make it looks like he teams up with a rag-tag group of space rebels to save the universe. Cool. We already have Star Wars, though.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't get the need to retcon the Abrams alt Trek universe into this story line but destroying Romulus and the power vacuum that'd create is an interesting idea on its own. Have to be careful as trying to keep an increasing number of alt timelines and universes straight is how all comic books become convoluted messes. I hope they don't go the Data/B-4 route, they should retcon out Nemesis, that movie sucked and how the handled killing Data was lame. My guess is the painting scene in the new trailer is just a dream sequence.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I dont either, but I dont understand the need to do it in the first place. Has there actually been a Trek show written further in the future than TNG? Seems like everything since has been dealing with the past.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Discovery has a pretty major "future" component to it... but it steers pretty clear from the major characters, for the most part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.