Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL SIBLING DAY 2020 [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Apr 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

by that you mean he's eating different types of food correct?

2. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not mine in any way, just something cool I stumbled apon, this is my home area.

And there are some really cool ones on his channel, of this area.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not sure where the investment thread is . . . but, since AMC theatres is in such trouble, and recommendations are to dump all your holdings in that . . .
    I'm curious what theatres will look like in 1-2 years. I'd think some of the local chains can get some of that small business bail out money to stay afloat. Then, they may be able to acquire some of the former AMC properties? The big chains essentially get broken up. Because, once the pandemic is over, there will be a market for people to go see movies. There will still be a large number of people interested in seeing movies at the theatre, even with the current streaming changes.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I say let them die.

Did the horse carriage companies get bailouts when the automobile came about?

Provide help to the staff that lose their jobs, not the companies that die.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, I was not in any way promoting a bailout to the mega chains. But, the small business bail out money already has happened. My point was, they may survive and end up taking advantage of the market opportunities with the big chains closing up. Streaming options (and VHS / DVD) have been around a long time. Movie theatres aren't going the way of the horse and buggy any time soon. It will just be a different world, and I was wondering what that would be.

6. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I miss cinema cafe, real food at real tables with comfortable chairs, and beer. There isn't one where I live. Conventional movie theaters can be gone, it won't hurt my feelings.

7. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We have a few places like that around here. The problem is the food sucks and its expensive. Plus, where the theaters are located are tons of other restaurants. Ipic went bankrupt last year and they offer a higher end food selection. I just don't think people feel the need to eat meals during the movie as a matter of convenience.

8. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I never had high expectations for the food but I was never disappointed. I want something more than popcorn or candy. Ours had some pretty good burgers and sandwiches and homemade chips. I wasn't ordering steak, or complaining because foie gras wasn't on the menu.

9. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Even with the insane amount of streaming options, theaters around here are usually packed. I still enjoy going to the movies with my family, or just my daughter - when she was about 10 it became something we did together, just the two of us. Go grab a burger out then go see the latest Marvel/Peter Jackson/ action movie. I would definitely miss it.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Combined with the increase in "support local" going on with people making a conscious effort to patron local businesses and restaurants right now, I expect the bigger chains will die off and smaller, indie draft-house style cinemas will take their place with an emphasis on movie experience rather than movie selection.

I also think the big-budget Hollywood movies will go to streaming services like netflix and the like (and find money with product placement rather than ticket sales), and more indie films will be green lit for production going to those indie cinemas.

Anyone keeping up with what the kardashians are doing right now? Anyone miss movie stars? Joe Exotic is the biggest star on tv right now and he's in jail. It's funny, but it's also a terrifying reality for a bunch of movie making millionaires.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Production is also halted.

I can see a huge uptick of new animated movies and other WFH content.

Too Many Zooz did a WFH session yesterday. It was pretty cool.

12. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Floor traffic at the shop has fallen off a cliff. We have enough work for April but May could be interesting. The good news is that beer thirty now happens earlier. Enjoying a Lagunita's Little Sumpin' Hazy. It's quite tasty.

13. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

98C217B4-3103-455A-BE22-80EC7FEDA074.jpeg
    Had some leftover crawfish so made an etouffee for the first time, with some okra on the side. Came out pretty well for having to make do with what was in the house. The gift that keeps on giving.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Both the movie theaters around me that went under sold the buildings to churches. Instead of 10 megaplexes there will be 4-5 for the standard blockbuster fare.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

17. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not gonna lie, it's starting to piss me off that we still haven't gotten our gubmint cheese yet. I am well aware how lucky I am that I haven't lost my job and that money would be better served going to a family who actually needs it. Still, I wanna buy stupid useless shit to stimulate the economy already.

What are you folks getting?

18. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Do they still have the actual government cheese? One of my buddy's grandmas supervised the distribution in our county so she always got a brick. That was the best cheese ever.

20. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had the government cheese when I was dating my first fiancé. That was indeed some good cheese.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.