Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL SENIOR CITIZENS DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Aug 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Interviewer:
    “What the secret to getting through an eighteen hour day shooting the same scene?”

William H. Macy:
    “Nina Hartley.”

2. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know, if I looked like Macy and had his money and success (fuck him for Jurassic Park 3, but Shameless is tits), I'd want Nina Hartley as a friend as well.

Hell, I look like me and have more substantial numbers on toenails than dollars, but I would think having Nina Hartley as a friend is downright perky.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Yes but there is AC for that. And in Texas as you know, everyone runs theirs full blast, all the time. 105 with 80% humidity is not ideal by any means, but when you look at the alternatives I would much rather this, than wild fires (also known as "all of California), hurricanes, tornadoes, earth quakes and the constant pain in the ass that is freezing temperatures and snow.

There's a reason like a third of the country is moving here right now. And it aint for our beaches.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

AC is scary, though, because it can go away.

We had a major power failure here today for a few hours, and our AC stopped. I know, right!?!? THANKS OBAMA!

It was up to 90°F for a bit.

Fuck that.

5. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The wildfires and smoke in the PNW convinced me how much that sucked.
    I miss snow though.

I love AC.
    The having two units is a goddamn game changer.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

My neighbour is a classic old man who prides himself on stupid shit.

He prides himself on not running his AC, as it saves him $20 a month.

His basement is moldy and mildewy. He mocks me for running my AC 24x7 if need be.

"Dude... I make bank... fucking right i'm running that AC 24x so that I'm comfortable... otherwise, why fucking have it in the first place?"

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I have a second unit sitting in the garage waiting to be installed.

I'm doing a home office reno, and the office will have it's own wall-mount AC. I have a second unit going to my bedroom so that I can have a nice, cold room at night when I sleep, just the way I like it, without cooling the whole house. It's a 2-head 2nd unit in addition to the whole-house unit that is already installed.

I'm totally OK with that.

8. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can’t imagine the house we are in actually cooling without two units. I know some homes in the area only use one but most of them are ranch style floor plans.
    I miss the cool nights so much, we keep it at 65 for night time and 74 during the day.
    I’d prefer 70.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Longest we lost power was about 3 years ago in the winter, when it snowed like 8 inches in one night and the power lines went down for a few days. I think the city had like two salt trucks and one of them they probably got on accident. We've had some AC issues over the years, but with 3 units there's a good chance at least part of the house is still cool.

My father in law is like your neighbor. Their house is constantly at like 80-85 degrees. He refuses to run it because it costs money, even though he's very wealthy and doesn't blink an eye spending whatever on his retirement hobby of restoring classic cars. They constantly make fun of my wife and I for keeping our house 72-75. Yeah, it's fucking comfortable isn't it? What's the point in working for a bunch of money if you don't use it to make your life better?

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

My place in BC was the worst place ever for losing power... we'd lose it 20 times a year, for up to 5 days at a time... to the point I set up a home generator rig.

Luckily we only lose power for a few hours a year where I'm at now... but if it gets worse, natural gas full-house generators are stupid cheap these days.

11. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My parents place north of me is better now but when I was a kid?

Shit. The power would go out regardless of weather. Wind? Lose power. Rain? Fuck your power AND your phone lines. Heat? Fuck your power enjoy that cold ass well water JUST KIDDING because your well doesn’t draw without electricity.
    I love the country but rural living is inconvenient.

12. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can handle losing power any time of the year except now because I love AC so much. How the hell I ever slept in my upstairs bedroom with just a window fan when I was a kid is beyond me.

If the shut I write about were to ever really happen, I’d miss AC most of all I think.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

yeah the whole issue with the well not working without electricity tends to suck. Usually if we lose power it's just for an hour or two at most during a storm so we just have to watch the water level on the cisterns, but I guess worst case we could bathe in the creek. Kids would love it. Wife would tell me to fuck off. It's 20 feet deep right off our dock so I don't think that's getting too low anytime soon.

14. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think our thermostat must be broken. We keep the house at 78-80* and are completely comfortable. When the nights cool and the windows are open it might be 73-74* in the morning and we are fucking freezing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.