Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL RED WINE DAY[NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Aug 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Pretty sure it's related to "blue waffles".

2. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The number of people who own animals and fail to train them or care for them properly is astounding to me. I was raised amongst a menagerie, my mom was always rescuing all kinds of critters, but training and proper care was critical. Then I had a few years training horses and experiencing the idiots who imagine horses are like dirt bikes and don’t require consistent training to have a safe experience. I cannot own an animal and not have it well trained and always understanding that I’m the leader. I know I have a strict view of it, but it still irritates me.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

googled blue waffles and the results came back for both a weird science experiment by Kellogs and also genital herpes that can turn the vagina blue.

apparently I do not get the joke

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

My dogs know a handful of commands and listen to us really well. I wouldn't say they are ''trained'' like a service animal or something but they are good natured and obedient. If there is a problem with their behavior we get on top of it and work with them until they can show consistent acceptable behavior.

On the other side of the spectrum my sister takes pictures of her dog being ''naughty'' because she thinks it is cute. Attacking sprinklers on their walk, standing on the coffee table. I chased down her last dog, opened its mouth, and scooped a hotdog out of its throat that it stole from my niece. My sister does not seem to understand that ''training '' a dog is not a classroom experience for the animal but a constant relationship where they learn what you expect of them and face corrective action if they do not do as expected.

But she read books about being a pack leader so she knows everything. K.

5. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Caesar Milan has done an astonishing amount of damage to dog owners and their relationships with their dogs.

Not only are the "pack leader" concepts misinformed and outdated, but it gives a lot of people this idea that the reason their dog doesn't obey them is because the dog doesn't respect them. So they focus on these silly respect concepts instead of the important part - namely, that the dog doesn't know what you are asking, or it isn't ingrained enough to override the distractions outside of your living room.

No, Karen, your dog isn't ignoring your "leave it" command because you haven't alpha rolled him enough or whatever. He just doesn't fucking know what "leave it" means because you didn't teach him. You may as well be screaming "blue waffles" over and over at him. And the fact that he did it once two years ago and hasn't gotten rewarded for it since is the same thing as not teaching him.

6. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh yeah, consistency is key to keeping training fresh. You can’t teach it for the first 6 months and then space it for 2 years and be surprised at getting mixed results.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I've been trying to train my wife for 11 years now and she still won't mind.

8. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You have to be consistent! What’s the behavior you’re trying to modify?

9. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That’s weird, I heard your wife let five or six guys run tr-

...oh, I’m sorry, I thought you meant something else.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not all dogs are created equal. My amstaff was super obedient by nature. Same with Golden’s plus they are super eager to please. Some breeds just have minds’ of their own that it’s a constant life of the dog training.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

That is true, but being a responsible dog owner includes getting a dog you can handle. The number of inexperienced dog owners who get a German Shepherd or Husky are maddening. Or, people who are insistent upon getting a purebred whatever without acknowledging that that purebred dog is bred to do a certain task. Working line dogs and dogs bred to have endless energy need a job to do or at least lengthy, daily guided recreational activities.

13. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its a fungus, dingus.

And haven’t you been here long enough not to google something called blue waffle?

By the way, I think that’s a lemon party fungus. Why don’t you google it.

14. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was thinking "chicken of the woods" but not sure. And not sure if it grows in your part of the country.

15. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I knew they took a lot of work when i got one, but wow i was not ready for how much work it really was.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Really or sarcasm? Yours is always chill in pictures so either the mix (she's a mix right?) diluted the crazy or you're doing a good job keeping her exercised.

We got so lucky with our first dog. He was like dog on training wheels. Perfect for our small condo. We mostly had to socialize him, teach him how to walk nicely on a leash, and how to ignore other animals (mild aggression). Very calm and low energy otherwise, just wants to be with you. Usually pretends to sleep while watching you with one eye. Second dog was more challenging but she is smart as hell and wants to please you so badly - amstaff mix like @Kubla Kahn . Keeping her exercised was the main thing for her first couple years but she has evened out a lot outside of her puppy years.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Apparently jay cutler is dating tomi lahren and I can't stop laughing.

18. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No sarcasm. Minimum of 7km in walks a day. Yes she is a mix, but she is all husky in shedding and attitude.

20. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

Fat? Lazy? Small apartment? Still have a dire need for a huge dog? Get a great dane. Lazy shits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.