Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL PACK RAT DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is he...is he dead?

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Gee. Didn’t see that one coming. Seems like a normal reaction. The big question is how have you stayed so long?

3. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

cheap old fuck. never underestimate someone's cheapness.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You make the sacrifices, even if it means sleeping in a chair with a gun in hand every night like Jean Reno

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's an odd way of saying "the intended victim, after 2 weeks of suffering horrendous sexual violence, escaped the basement and his captor"

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Asked why he didn’t also leave, victim 2 stated, “rent’s cheap yo!”

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Meh, after a while you get used to it.

8. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I might be drunk, but at first glance I thought that said Janet Reno.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

So long as they don't make him fear for his own safety, I'd think the craziness would be an entertainment perk.

10. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Okay folks, I've finally got some time in front of the computer, so that means it's time for the Austin concert review:

The good: Apocalyptica fucking rocked. If you ever get a chance to see them, do it. They were only doing Metallica covers (none of their original work, like I was hoping), and at this point in my life, I'd rather see THEM play Metallica songs than see the real Metallica.
    These guys are legit rock stars, and they sound metal as fuck, which made me wonder:

Why is the guitar the go-to instrument for rock/ metal bands? There are a lot of other instruments they could be using, and still sound just as badass.

The bad: Jungle Julia wore some vintage Marc Jacobs velvet platforms to the concert, and one of them broke as soon as we got to the show, so I was stuck holding them for the rest of the night. It made it kind of difficult to enjoy myself.

I finally got to eat at an In 'N Out Burger for the first time in my life. My verdict: FUCKING WEAK.
    I ordered a regular In 'N Out burger the way I like my burgers, and it was the size of a fucking Happy Meal burger, yet it cost $3.50. I swear, that patty was so thin I could see through it.
    I hope their Texas branches fold, and they go back to California with their tail between their legs.
    Whataburger is the superior burger, hands down.

The ugly: Austin was fucking infested with homeless people. I mean straight-up sleeping on benches, sidewalks, and doorways; twitching and talking to themselves; panhandling for money, cigarettes, etc.; and this was in the fancy downtown area.

WHY THE FUCK ARE THE COPS NOT CRACKING DOWN ON THIS?!

Try jaywalking in Austin. Just try it. Even if it's a deserted street, a cop will pop out of the sewer like Pennywise and bust your ass.
    But being a filthy vagrant and harassing the gainfully employed is okay.
    Way to get your priorities straight, Austin.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: FUCK AUSTIN. FUCK IT IN ITS FUCKING ASS.

This really is a shame, because Austin is such a beautiful city, otherwise, but the people running it and living in it just ruin it for me.
    I don't know why the fuck Jungle Julia insisted on going to see Apocalyptica here, instead of in San Antonio (a far superior city).

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yea the homeless problem in downtown Austin is a fucking shitshow. I wished for a flamethrower no less than 6 times when I was there last year. They are so aggressive too. I thought it was bad in Houston, but no. That place is fucking crawling with them.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

The homeless people in austin suck. When I lived there, there weren't a lot of them, and they generally stayed out of the way and were polite. I used to go for runs at night down South Congress, and I'd always keep some singles on me to tip the homeless who did something cool like played music or told jokes or made fun of the fratholes. Now every other begging piece of shit is holding a sign saying "Why lie? Need money for beer" and walking up to cars in traffic like there's no such thing as personal space.

Agree with you on In-and-Out too. I don't see what the big deal is. Ate there once, and it just wasn't very good. I've read people saying it's because you're not doing it right, gotta do animal style smothered covered and fuck your mothered or whatever, but... what's the point? If you have to special order off a *secret* menu just to have a hamburger not suck at a fucking hamburger place, what does that say about it?

Whataburger is fantastic. I eat there at least once a week. Bacon cheeseburger, no tomatoes, add jalapenos. Some of their rotating specialty sandwiches are good too. I feel like we're spoiled down here with all this great food, that whenever I go to other parts of the country it just doesn't quite compare.

13. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven't eaten at Whataburger since I was going to FSU 13 years ago since we don't have it here, but I didn't like it. I remember thinking that their burgers were borderline inedible and their shakes were too frozen to drink with a straw. I agree that In N Out didn't live up to the hype, but it is probably still the best fast food burger that I've had. That just isn't saying much though.

Interestingly we have a fast casual chain here called BurgerFi, whose original double cheeseburger tastes and looks surprisingly similar to In N Out's double double. They have really good onion rings, too.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    On the news this morning they said people calling out from work was going to be comparable to the day after the Super Bowl with GoT ending last night. I laughed.

2/3 of the people on my shift called out today. There should've been 18 of us. There were 6. On fucking Monday. Our busiest day.

Cocksuckers.

15. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm in California so I win any homeless competitions. Although, Seattle is trying real hard to beat us.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Anybody see that crazy kid drop-kick Arnie? In typical fashion he shrugged it off as nothing and refused to press charges.

17. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since I've had a few people asking what the umbrella looks like now that it's up, here's a quick pic I snapped.

20190518_171603.jpg

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Now that I see it going through the table I want to see a pic of it down. Most of those big umbrellas are off to the side of the table. I have one but not that big and I can’t imagine it collapsing down over the table.

19. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll get you one when I get back home. The sides kinda collapse into the middle and then the whole thing closes in on itself, if that makes sense.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Interesting... usually those cantilever types swing down almost to the base... at least most of the ones I've seen (and the one I have).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.