Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL LIQUEUR DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Oct 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I want to do a crazy build of something; car, truck, bike, boat. Right now I just don't have the time, money or patience to do it.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

When you're ready to knock out a project.... and realize you bought the wrong air compressor hose.

Womp womp. How's your Monday going?

Oh shit.... it's Tuesday.

3. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am leaving Louisiana and heading home.

My last lunch was jambalaya and gumbo. If I fart on my flight, I'll be on CNN.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't forget to masturbate!

When I was a teenager, I could rub one out pretty quick, but surely it took him a couple minutes, at least, right? Why are the people on that call not saying anything, and how many of them recorded it, do you think?

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m glad I didn’t try to let one rip during the drive to work today. I’d have needed a new car seat.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The dude, while cheating on his wife, knocked up his friend's daughter, denied it was his, then had to pay up on child support after a court order and dna test. So yeah pulling his pud during a zoom meeting seems about right.

8. Wut

Wut
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

So jerking off during a virtual meeting should be called “Toobin” from now on:

“So, Fred from accounting was Toobin during our meeting today, I think HR wants to talk to him.”

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Anyone here do the RV thing? As in, haul an Airstream or other trailer around in the summer?

Just curious, as I just placed an order for one, and am really excited about it, seeing as I'm that much closer to retirement, and can totally see me fishing in my trailer at lakes in the summer, working in the woodshop in the winter...

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

But for real the RV industry lucked the fuck out millennials are now totally on board with the idea. Pre Covid my cousin worked at a company that focused squarely on renting RVs and converted vans to millennials. A friend of mine who had a high paying niche IT job sold her house and bought an RV so she could travel and hike. She had a mini office set up I guess and would just log into her company's server and worked remote part time.

AirStreams are the Iphone sleek sexy product of the RV world. My dream food truck would be based in one. Converting one of those European vans into a mini camper does seem like a fun idea. Im not a camper at all but I could see having one if I got into big game hunting out west.

11. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My Dad has a camper that he likes more than hotel rooms for when he is doing a construction project.

One of my buddies bought one after his house flooded, and he had it customized to have two motorcycles "parked" in it. He does disaster work, and makes absurd money, in part because he just pockets the lodging costs and does the RV thing.

I can see the appeal, just would hate driving something that big.

12. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good luck getting one until next year. Many of my friends work in the industry and just one division of one company has a backlog of about 7000 units. Additionally, they can't get parts from suppliers or more labor to ramp up, have had covid start popping up in plants, and are mostly backed up through about April (I think).

I've rented them and have pulled one or two on camping trips (demo unit from a company a buddy worked for) because I had a truck big enough. Many of them are really nice and they seem to be going away from the closet bathroom/shower combo to a "real" bathroom on a lot of models. They can be slapped together but I could probably be pretty comfortable in one for a couple weeks at a time.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, delivery date for mine is April next year. I’m ok with that.

Looking to take 2 months off next summer and do some fishing with a friend. He drags the boat, I’m dragging the trailer.

And it’s definitely comfortable.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I’m also jumping onto Starlink ASAP so I can have full ISP level internet and treat it as a remote office.

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We've talked about doing the RV thing a lot. Did you order the Basecamp? I thought I remembered seeing you post about that in some other thread. What size?

I went fully remote a number of months ago and we're currently renting monthly AirBnbs, which is pricy - we could easily get a loan for a decent trailer for less than we're paying for our AirBnbs, but I don't have a great alternative. Something the size of the Basecamp really where we'd be looking; pretty small, and a trailer style so we can unhook it and have a normal vehicle for getting to trailheads for hiking (which are often down somewhat nasty roads). Would need to trade in the Subaru for something with a little more pulling power, though.

The biggest thing that concerns me is, as you mentioned, internet. 5G might help this, but it's going to be limited in service areas for a while and figuring out what to do with your trailer when you're in urban areas is a bitch. I absolutely do not want to be sitting at those RV parks, in a row of other campers, so I can get a Wi-Fi signal - no freaking way. Starlink would be perfect and I'm very willing to pay a decent amount of money for monthly internet in order to totally untether me, but it's not something I can actually count on right now.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

At this point, it's a "nice to have" for my plans, not a "must have"... more for Netflix than for work.

17. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think like many things, you're either an RV guy, or you're not. My grandparents had RV/campers for decades and went all over the country. When I was ~10 y/o, our family rented an RV and 3 days before the trip was over, everyone was on each others nerves. My step dad said "fuck this" and drove 18 hours straight home.

The wife and I hate driving. If it's more than a 4-5 hour drive, we start looking at flight options. My business partner bought a place in Montana and heads there every 6-8 weeks. 17 hour drive each way. FUCK that.
    Some of the places we stay at have kitchens and I can count on one hand the number of meals we've made. When we travel, we like going out. Not cooking and doing dishes. As you can tell, we're not RV people haha

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

My family did a lot of cross country meandering road trips when I was little with tent camping at campgrounds as the usual accomodation. They stopped doing that when I was young, maybe 4 or 5, supposedly due to my sister bitching the whole time.

Some of my earliest memories are of hikes on the Appalachian Trail at the Delaware Water gap and experiencing camping while 2 cycles of locusts matured at the same time. Fucking biblical, man.

Fast forward to being an adult and the one with responsibilities on long trips. I can only get in the groove and stay alert for 4 to 5hrs of driving at a time. Hubs can go longer so we can do 8 to 10 hr driving days fairly comfortably but I'd rather drive a little less and sightsee and hike. It makes me sad that with work obligations there is never enough off time to do that.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah, I’m not into RV living, at least the concept of it. I’ve actually not set foot in one before. If I’m not sleeping at home or in a hotel, I’d rather just be camping or backpacking. Driving a bus to a spot to then hook up plumbing, electric and sleep in a bed anyway doesn’t appeal much to me, at least not as far as the cost is concerned.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

The nice ones are so expensive. Aside from cost, driving it around would be the worst part of it for me. I'd rather have cabin destinations at that point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.