Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL LASHES DAY[NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Feb 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Disney Plus’ new adult content section “Star” is awesome. A bunch of great animated shows and the entire “Alien” catalogue are highlights.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not in the U.S.

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Just finished another auction of my baseball cards. This one brought in $7K...so, two auctions, 140 cards, $17K ($15K in my account after auction house fees) and I haven't even scratched the surface. I still have 15-20K cards with plenty of Mantles, Mays, Aarons, etc...in investment grade condition. May as well keep striking while the market's in overpay mode.

I'll probably send off another group in the next week or two, plus some others off to PSA for grading. I'd forgotten what a treasure trove I have in ungraded cards that could bring back decent grades.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Do you mean as in 15-20k actual cards, or cards worth that?

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

15-20K actual cards. Maybe more.

Not all of them are worth ridiculous money, but they do have value because I've always bought with an eye on condition...so there's no nasty cards in the group. Most are very close to the condition they came out of the packs in, and the newest I deal with are at least 48 years old. I don't really mess with anything after 1973.

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Dollar value wise...a rough guess would be $35-50K. Maybe more, maybe less. I'm not really sure what I have anymore and I'm continually surprised what this market is bearing price-wise. I sure wouldn't pay these prices.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That's crazy... nice job.

8. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Heh. I've been doing this almost 50 years and I've sold off every collection I've had (At least 10 of them) at a profit, even my first one. I can always make money with cards because every 10-15 years people go nuts buying them, and during the lull I'm buying up stuff at discount prices. I have a feeling this is the last run though, the next generation isn't going to care about old baseball cards and the market will disappear....so it's time to liquidate. I'm just going to keep a few of my favorite sets for nostalgia's sake and cash out the rest.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

See, I do that with GME stock.... I buy the dip.

I'll have you know I'm up a solid $34, before fees.

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.17.50 AM.jpg

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I just hope I have the same touch with silver as I do with cards (I probably don't, but I can hope.)

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So, these OU football players decided to pick a fight in a bar bathroom with two brothers that are half their size, and learned that specific lesson (VERY quickly) in what happens when you pick fights without knowing a person’s back story:

...catch as many touchdowns and talk as tough as you want. Pick a fight with a trained fighter, and you are a fucking dead man.

12. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of the OSU guys almost lost his eye because his orbital bone was broken so badly.

I never understood picking fights when you are drunk. I've always been a happy mellow drunk, this whole lets see who I can punch in the face thing, I just don't get.

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Getting into a generic street fight with an unknown person is probably one of the most dangerous things a person could ever do. People just don’t give a fuck and will stomp your head until brain matter comes out of your nose. You might be the toughest dipshit in your fraternity, but when you encounter someone who actually knows what they are doing, you better hope they have some restraint. Because there won’t be much to stop that guy from slamming your head into the side of the toilet until you’re a vegetable.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I had buddies that thought that was the height of a good time....get drunk and go get in fights. Every Friday and Saturday night. They were constantly trying to get me to go out with them and I'd always pass because getting in a fight was never a highlight of any day for me, drunk or not. Punching a stranger in the face because I'm being an asshole has never been the least bit appealing to me.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Good. Every time he blinks he can be reminded of getting mauled for being stupid.

Why these videos aren’t serving as a better lesson to today’s youth, I have no idea. There is always somebody tougher than you. You aren’t going to win a prime Elizabeth Shue as a prize if you never back down.

#115 Crown Royal, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My roommate in college was a drunk fighter and we had a couple of friends that liked it as well. This was prior to the Ultimate Fighter and mma gym explosion. I’ve been around dozens of fights they started but never participated. I’ve started a fight twice in my life against the same guy. Lost both. It’s an area I decided I didn’t need to test myself in after that. My roommate was a high school wrestler and had that conditioned wherewithal for fights. He won much more than he lost we I think is most of the reason he liked doing it. Very 18-25 years old male nonsense.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of my friends is a 260 lb black belt in BJJ with a solid stand-up game as well. He rocks a shaved head, goatee, and tattoos. I've never seen him get in a fight, but I have seen several about-to-start fights come to a screeching halt when he sauntered up and inquired about what was going on. Nobody wants to fuck with that dude.

18. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

More ridiculous is street fights are totally uncontrolled, so even if you really are the toughest guy, someone might pull a knife, or get a lucky shot in that bounces your head off the pavement, and now your insides are pulp because of a patch of slippery grass or something.

A local guy I went to school with decided to get into a drunk fight outside a bar with some random dude. Random dude took a punch or two, decided he wasn't interested in playing around, and ended up putting a bunch of holes into local guy's back with a small folding knife.

19. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remember getting one of those scared straight programs in high school where a dude got into a fight outside a bar, the fight went to the ground, the other person suddenly went limp, and this dude goes to jail for manslaughter, because the person he was fighting fractured their skull on a parking block when they went to the ground. Wife hired a good lawyer, did the crying kids in court, and this dude was done for 25 years. Because some other dude fell wrong.

Literally every person I know who fights for a living or as part of service refuses to engage in violence, and gets away from it as fast as possible.

20. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe the best advice my dad ever gave me- no matter how big or tough you are, someone is always going to be bigger or tougher. Never fight anyone unless your life depends on defending yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.