Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL JUNK FOOD DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

My wife said that if "we" do a wine tasting when we go to Monterey, she'll join me for a bourbon tasting.

Apparently she assumed I would be annoyed by her wanting to do a wine tasting so she tried to compromise. Sorry hun, you had me at "alcohol."

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Oh, and I'm gonna heckle the fuck outta some Barry Bonds fans too. My asshole biological father tried to make me a Pirates fan, so even though I don't like baseball, I do know my shit. The Giants are playing the Pirates that night.... I'm thinking I might make a shirt that reads "Roberto Clemente died so Barry Bonds could cheat"

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    You know what's depressing? My Z28 is rated at 285 horsepower. New Camaros with a V6 are rated at 300+ horsepower. Phooey.

A couple of weeks ago I bought the complete series run of I Dream of Jeanie on DVD on a whim. I haven't seen the show in like 40 years or so. It's quite entertaining.

4. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As an alternative, just go to the game, have a couple of $12.00 beers, enjoy a night at one of the best sporting venues going and surprise the wife by behaving. ATT is a treat of a venue, Your tickets are in a pretty good spot but no matter how nice the night seems at 7:00, take a medium jacket.

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

You do realize that makes no sense?

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Huh? Mine would have said “Sumo are the only athletes who should triple in size.”

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Well, yeah, Clemente died a hero trying to deliver aid to Puerto Rico. But there's a whole thing going on in the NBA, and from that the larger sports world: "Sam Hinkie died for your sins" (decisive former Philly 76ers GM who a few years ago changed the NBA, in my opinion, for the better). And fans in all the major sports are meme-ing the fuck outta it, like "X died so Y could Z." So in that context, it makes sense.

8. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

About 20 years ago I had a boss that was bragging about going to a ball game here and heckling the players. I looked at him and said "You paid $8 for a ticket and you're proud of yelling at a 20 year old kid who is a heartbeat away from the majors? You do realize that makes you an asshole?"

I get yelling shit at players on the opposing team to a certain degree, but 90% of the "Heckling" I've witnessed is shit that would get you punched in the face if you said it to a random person on the street.

Trying to piss people off simply to piss them off is pretty much an asshole move.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Yeah in my opinion baseball is like NASCAR: boring as hell on TV, best experience in the world in person. The first baseball game I ever went to was in Seattle, one of the coolest experiences of my life (I still have the ball Ichiro threw to me). I got out seats at AT&T in a similar area just because they were good last time and I don't wanna fix what isn't broke.

That ballpark was tops on my list of sporting venues to visit, combination of the park itself and where it's located. Funny that it only took a biological mini-disaster to make it happen.

Once again, thank god for Southwest Airlines.

10. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s a stretch. I don’t suppose a player reference from this decade would be appropriate?

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

It'll be a read the crowd thing. From what I've gathered, there's a major rift going on in SF about the Bonds jersey retirement. I'm in the middle on Bonds in general. Part of me thinks they had to do steroids just to keep up with the jonses at that time; the other part says that's cheating. I can't meld the two. I'm leaning towards keeping up with the jonses (as I have been since Lance Armstrong finally admitted).

But if I get an opportunity to provoke some overly-intoxicated SF fans, I'm damn well gonna take it just for the comedic value. What are they gonna do, trolley me to death?

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

If you're into getting punched in the head by someone who takes offense, go for it.

Personally, I'd rather just enjoy the game and not get punched in the face. But that's just me.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No, they’ll stab you in the kidney in the parking lot. It’s the West coast, I don’t recommend fucking around out there. You shouldn’t need much of a deterrent for that.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Wait....people actually get that crazy?

Maybe it's just because I'm from the south and the more offensive the joke the stronger the handshake and that's the worst of it. Around here we know everyone is carrying a gun, so shit generally doesn't escalate beyond "you can get your own next round."

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

West.

Coast.

The smart thing to do at any visiting stadium is to cheer for your team, don’t heckle and don’t start shit. Be the classy fan and walk out alive. Unless you’re in Oakland.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I just ran across the complete Barney Miller... have had them running in the background for a few months, and they are fucking hilarious. Very entertaining.

There are definitely some old TV shows that really hold up.

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Look up Brian Stow.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Yeah but we're not going to LA. This will be at AT&T park. And I actually like the Dodgers (or more specifically, I agree with SF politically, so I like their teams accordingly). And I especially hate the Pirates, whom they're playing.

Would I really be putting myself in legitimate physical danger just for fucking with drunk fans?

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Think about it.

Would you be putting yourself in danger by triggering unhinged people by taunting them? Nah. I'm sure they're completely reasonable and will laugh along with you.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So Khabib and MacGregor will fight October 6th. I hope the Eagle rips him a new one, I’m counting on it.
    When I was a kid, I was too young too see all the gay jokes on Three’s Company. Watching the show now is a riot, Larry will always be a leader of men.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.