Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL JUNK FOOD DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Are these days off over and above annual leave? Or is this your only leave?
    The std in Oz is 4 weeks annual leave and 2 weeks sick leave /annum

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because it doesn't matter how many days off you have when you're on the pagerduty rotation at 1 AM every night anyway.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I guess it depends on your level. Bigger companies tend to set their PTO allowances through HR, and higher ups may get a bit more. I would go for the higher salary and at least ask ask if there are periodic PTO increases.

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    One good thing about Vegas, we don't get this desert bullshit as often as other places:

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Then it's not a vacation.

If I have time off, that means I can go to the middle of nowhere without cell service and unplug, unwind, and relax.

Every "on-call" company I've worked at has always had that policy.

If you have conditions on your vacation time, then I'd say "fuck that" and bail.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No shit. Vacation, REAL vacation, is important, not to mention it’s not to be fucked with. People who work for a living deserve at least a couple weeks a year where “real life” shouldn’t worry them.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Totally depends on the part of the world you live in in the work culture there. People get boned around here. There are more workers willing to take less than they are worth than there are skilled jobs. Some companies get away with bullshit because they are about "family values" which means the Ceo talks game while the employees make peanuts. At the specific company I am thinking of, my husband's friend worked there for a while and left for a job with Google making a good salary. The working supervisor there just got a fancy new office but no pay increase. He is extremely qualified and a very hard worker. My husband also worked there and left to take a job with a good salary. I think the working Supervisor was starting to figure out that he is getting boned because he actually asked my husband what he was offered and didn't really have anything to say in response. It is more than he is making and he has worked for the same company for more than 5 years and manages a lot of people, projects, and Logistics.

My Brother in law is an experienced programmer in a new management position at a place around here and has shitty on call to deal with regularly. He is not paid for this time. He could raise a fuss since it is illegal but no one else does and he does not want to rock the boat. He is technically a contracter and the company just shuffled recently, with a lot of experienced people with 20 or more years tenure losing their jobs, and he has a family to support.

When you are highly skilled and experienced you can demand better benefits and pay and have more mobility. When you don't have the skills or experience you are in a tough position. For us, the answer was to leave the area.

8. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

"Dancing mom"? Looking at the dad I'm thinking stepmom, or second wife in any case.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Not sure what's more funny: the dad who looks like bill clinton, or the kid in the middle thinking you just ruined the rest of high school for me.

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

The kid's wearing a "Top Gun" T-shirt. I'm pretty sure his high school life was already shot down. Dancing mom may have actually brought him up a few notches.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That's the look of a guy who now knows that every guy he knows wants to bang his mom.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I feel sorry for any boy with an attractive mother. If you have so much as one guy friend you are taking heat for it, both behind your back and in your face. They’ll flirt with her, right in front on you. Because your mom is hot so deal with it.

If it’s his stepmom, he can come out on top by banging her first. It’s not as many points as a teacher, but you have to do what you have to do.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Hey nerds. So, I've always listed adobe creative suite as a skill if it's asked for in a job ad even though I was NEVER comfortable in Photoshop and only ever learned the very basics, and while I was at one point great with InDesign I haven't used it in a longass time and I'm sure there have been several versions since then, but I was always like "enh I've crossed that bridge when I get there."

Well, I have reached that bridge.

Does anyone know of any free (or I guess cheap) online courses to just kind of brush up on the basics for at least Photoshop? I know I could do it piecemeal with tutorials whenever I have a specific problem but I think getting an overall view of it might help more with any recall I might have for what I already knew at one point. Thaaaaanks

15. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

What. The. Fuck.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thing on right is moose. Thing on left is schmutz on the windshield.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Due to the deadly red tide that's killing anything and everything in Florida, my wife and I decided it was probably best not to visit. Fortunately southwest airlines let us change our tickets last minute, and now we're going to california instead. And since we're going to be in SF a night when the Giants are playing, we want to catch a game. But I've only been to one baseball game in my life so I basically have no clue what part of the stadium is considered "good seats."

Here's the layout. We're looking for a max of $150 a ticket. Anyone know where a good area to sit in that park would be?

**edit** Nevermind, found a 3D seat view thing on the Giants website and on seatgeek got a deal on some seats along the first base line and right field.

Happens to be the night Barry Bonds gets his jersey retired. I hope there's a Giant (see what I did there) asterisk on it.

#137 Revengeofthenerds, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Yup. A smudge is ghostly stalking a moose with its heads turned away from us.

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Smudges don't usually move.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Wifey and daughter went to the Six to see Taylor Swift tonight. Do you know for the price of one of their tickets I could have seen ten Lollapaloozas back when Rage and NIN played it?

Whatever, my favourite long weekend of the year begins: Civic. No celebration, no ceremonies, just a long weekend while the weather is at its most perfect. To celebrate I bought these new edibles here called “Stars Of Death”. With a name like that it had better fucking kill me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.