Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL JUNK FOOD DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It seemed like they were also in a muscle car... so maybe there was some Hatfield and McCoys kind of shit going on... I mean, there was a reason they were filming in the first place...

But yeah, so many people seem to forget that a car, for the most part, is "engineered"... or don't really know what that means.

"Let's put big fucking wheels and tires on the car, and mod it to 600 HP, yeee-fucking-haw!"
    "What about the brakes?"
    "Meh, they'll be fine..."
    "And the drive train? You know... drive shaft, u-bolts, clutch... "
    *crickets*

2. MobyDuk

MobyDuk
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Thanks. I'll look into the high velocity pellet guns.

"I prefer my pest killin with a .223"

While I have a passing knowledge of .223 weapons, those, as well as the Redhawk, are a bit much for our genteel suburban setting.

3. MobyDuk

MobyDuk
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

A welding class might be in order.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It looks like the drive shaft snapped and then the part that was still attached to the diff dug down into the road and fucked things up. I had almost the same thing happen in my old Jeep because the previous owner installed a lift without adjusting the drive shaft angles properly, and it fucked up the pinion seal, which fucked the diff, which <insert domino effect here>.

Honestly, a new drive shaft, a hammer, some new shackles to hold the axle in place, some new brake lines, and it might be driveable again.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Also a class focusing on shafts, drives and belts. That’ll take a bit of rebuilding.

As funny as that was to watch, to laugh like that is evil. Nice to see dash cams are catching on over here, they’ve added endless entertainment to Youtube.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Polar bear attacks cruise ship guard

Kinda funny that people were upset the bear was killed. Uhm, the fucking thing was attacking someone! What are you gonna do, politely ask it to stop?

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, the thing is, they encroached into his remote, rugged territory, and he ended up being killed as a result. It's not like he sauntered down to the local village and tried to kill someone's livestock.

I'm kinda pissed it happened as well.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s an unfortunate catch-22, but that’s one of the most relentless killers in the world and they eat you alive. Just hold you down and you get to sit there and take it.

Next time stay out of his yard, assholes.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Or at least carry a baby seal with you to distract the bear while you escape.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

From what I've read, they had docked at port and the guards, per protocol, were the first to get off. It's not like they were just walking out into the wilderness or something -- it was a cruise ship dock.

I'll be leaving for a cruise to alaska in a few weeks and we'll be going on some excursions where we walk on glaciers and go hiking and the like. I told my wife I need to start getting in shape so I'm at least faster than the slowest person in our group.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If it's anything like the "walk on glaciers" excursions I did while I was up there, my group was met with a "oh, cool! nobody with walkers or oxygen tanks... we can actually go more than 50 feet this time!"

I'm sure you'll be fine... and there's zero wildlife around those glaciers. Zero. You have a better chance of running into a penguin at your local mall in Texas.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Yeah my wife and I did an Alaskan cruise for our honeymoon; I've been fortunate to travel to some really cool places -- a lot of the Mediterranean countries, Hawaii -- but nothing compares to Alaska. I always say it's the one thing you gotta do before you die. My wife and I were the youngest people on the boat by about 40 years when we went, and after 9:00 we basically had the boat to ourselves because everyone went to bed. We loved the shore excursions (NEVER book it through the cruise line, no matter where you go), but the best part honestly were the days at sea just watching the scenery. Going through the Inside Passage was insane.

This time we're going with a large group who drinks like fish. Should be fun. My wife and I got a deal on a balcony suite so we can wake up and sit outside in peace with our baileys and coffee.

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rough time of year for polar bears too, if I’m not mistaken. They are pretty desperate for food in the summer. Or does this not apply to far north?

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's getting worse than ever, for sure... climate change is fucking up their habitat. Their numbers are dropping in a big way, and they're getting more and more desperate for food.

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That cruise was in Svalbard which is among the northernmost pieces of land on the planet, deep into the Arctic circle. All the Alaska cruises I'm aware of run the Vancouver --> Anchorage coast, which is gorgeous rain forest without a polar bear in sight.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I was referring more to the other bears and wolves up there. When we last visited we saw a ton of brown bear. Those were really cool to see, from a distance.

And yeah, it does go along that route. Leaves outta seattle, stops in Juneau, Victoria, Ketchikan, Skagway. Victoria never did anything for me, I adore Ketchikan though. Stunningly beautiful area.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My one and only guess is the guy was harassing him before he went all American Graffitti. Because to laugh at a beautiful machine failing like that that..... it’s just not right.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been twice and I've only seen bears and wolves farther into the interior like Denali and Fairbanks.

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I used to work on Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage and the dump on base was always full of bears. They didn't give a shit about us, they just wanted to rummage around a few feet away while we tossed our construction refuse on the pile.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.