Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL HAVE A COKE DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Well, at least he tried

2. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Has anyone used Facebook Marketplace to sell their old crap?

I'm not much for social media, and really think Facebook is the bowels of hell, so I've always dismissed it. Selling shit is bad enough online, surely selling stuff through a horrible, narcissistic platform will be worse. Well, we're moving, so I finally gave it a shot and... holy shit. It's been amazing. I've listed stuff for reasonable prices, and it's just vanished. People coming to pick it up same-day, almost no negotiation. I've got hundreds of dollars in cash sitting on my desk that's been way less painful to get than eBay or Craigslist.

It's been 98% women.

3. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just got back on FB to sell shit, it goes quick. I’ve sold furniture, snowboarding gear, clothes and unwanted appliances.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My aunt started posting stuff from my grandparents house that didn’t sell in the estate sale and got so many replies she stopped doing it because she couldn’t keep up with traveling back and forth to show or sell the items. She said if she’d have known how well it worked she’d have just skipped the estate sale company and just lived at that house for a while.

I’ve had hit or miss dealing with car sellers vs Craigslist car sellers. It is a much easier format to communicate and vette the sellers profiles. Still car sellers can be real dodgy anyway answering questions and sending pics. At least for these type of items it’s not worlds apart.

5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wish they’d allow livestock sales like Craigslist does.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

my father in law would list his wife so quick it wouldn’t be funny

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

@PIMPTRESS so far I've been doing electronics and furniture and it's been a breeze. Hell, it seems like the Marketplace creates its own little economy - I sold an older iPad on there that wouldn't have fetched as much on eBay, but it was cheaper than all of the other iPads on the Marketplace, and it was gone within 10 minutes and I had a dozen disappointed people to turn down.

Haven't tried Marketplace for cars yet. I've sold 3 cheap cars on Craiglist - <$2000 cars are like candy on that site, you can't keep up with the responses. But you do get a lot of, "I will send you a check for $price + $500, and arrange for my shipping agent to pick up the car and the excess money."

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

That's the primary reason I keep a facebook. Everyone in this area uses fb marketplace, craiglist is super sketchy and not used much. It's a good place to find and sell used items and stuff moves fast.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I last successfully used Craigslist to sell items before a move 10yrs ago. Since then, every time I tried using it it has been nothing but bots or scams. Autotrader was the same when I tried to sell my dad's vehicles after he passed.

I have had good luck with FB market place buying and selling bicycle parts & gear. If I wasn't a 4hr drive away, I'd use it to disposition most of my dad's estate, but the distance just makes it too impracticable

#170 AFHokie, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
  11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Michael Bacall has a fantastic Twitter account. (He co-wrote Scott Pilgrim vs the World with Edgar Wright, and has been an actor / writer on several films)

After joining Twitter in 2010, his account has a grand total of one tweet, from 2013. It simply says "How do hand grenades w"

12. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Watching the Last Dance I saw the clip where Jordan breaks down and just starts bawling in the locker room after his first championship since his father died.

It got to me, bad. My father dying is probably my biggest fear in the world, even more so than my mom passing.

I’m much closer to my mom but all the hang ups with my dad make it seem there will never be closure.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

maybe he should have paid off his gambling debts and then his dad wouldn't have died

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He died for being a black guy in a Lexus. That’s it.

15. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn’t realize it was racially motivated. In fact, it wasn’t.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It wasn’t racist, the accomplice was a black kid (who has vehemently denied everything to this day). But they picked him as an easy target, given the context of where and when. The guy who shot him said this. It just happened the be the dad of the most famous person in the country.

Shit happens and celebrity relatives cross pass with lowlifes. Ask Bill Cosby, but no conspiracy theories were cooked up on that murder, because we all new The Cos’ was clean as a whistle so it had to be random. But MJ.... it was the mob! It was Sheldon Addelson! It was Adidas! It was the 1989 starting lineup for the Detroit Pistons (which wouldn’t surprise me)! Nope, bad people do horrible shit to us at random moments why, I myself have been attacked with a knife twice in my life and thrown into a fire hydrant without provoking anything to earn such reactions, up here in Sleepytown. C’est la vie.

17. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve always had bad anxiety but it seems to have gotten worse over the years.

I tried a new herb the other day that has made a huge difference- 7 flower extract.

It’s the most effective OTC product I’ve ever come across. One review compared it to Xanax. I dunno if I’d go that far, but it truly has calmed me like nothing else. Plus it doesn’t make you feel disconnected like a lot of the prescriptions do.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m weary on this type of stuff since cbd oil did less than zero for me or my dog for any of the issues it’s claimed to work for.

Speaking of CBD oil Joe Rogan just inked a 100 million dollar exclusivity deal with Spotify. Not hot on downloading a new app just for one persons podcast. Plus commercial interruptions if you don’t pay for premium? Come on Joe. Bet he saw the state of stand up and figured he’d get the money when the getting is good.

19. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

CBD is most effective when combined with THC. Period. I have a medical license for pain management and CBD on its own isn’t even as good as an Advil. But take a 1:1 ratio supplement and you’re in Percocet territory, without the druggy feeling.

20. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WTF? I thought Canada was supposed to be a peaceful and kind place. Way to shatter my delusions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.