Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL HAVE A COKE DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    500 miles in just over 7 hours. With all the construction and the fact that it rained the whole way, I'll take that as a win. Also, all the rain meant my windshield is basically bug free.

This hotel room...ugh. I guess it seems like a nice place to have your kidney stolen.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Feeding the deer. Right before you plant your gardens.

Gee. What could possibly go wrong there?

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Garden is in the fenced in back yard with the dogs. Deer don't get within 100 yards of it, ever. Those dogs are absolutely horrible guard dogs -- they love every person who comes to the door -- but if there is so much as an armadillo in the yard, they'll wake up from a dead sleep and go ape shit at the window until I kill it.

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Got back to Vegas about 3 this afternoon. This trip justifies every cent I've spent on my car....she ran flawlessly. She had a bit of a rough idle when I got to town, but I'd just run her at 95 for 7 hours across the desert with the A/C blowing, my idle is a bit ragged too.

I'm sure we'll both be fine after a good night's rest.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Gotta love a good road trip.

I need one soon.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Congrats to @bewildered for having a kid!

Went to Tractor Supply yetserday for some welding gas. I had a small tank of c-25 that I used for some simple MIG stuff, but I've since bought a new, fancier welder, and it does TIG and other things that meant I needed to expand my available gases.

Went to the TSC, waited in line outside for about 45 mins until someone clued in that I didn't need to go inside to get welding gas, so they sent out some old dude named Chuck.

Chuck was the shit.

I wanted to exchange my small tank of C-25 and buy a new, small tank of Argon.

No such luck... no small tanks of anything... but he did have a large tank of both C-25 and Argon.

"Let me hook you up."

Did he ever.

Ended up returning my empty small tank at full price ($350), and then sold me 2 new big tanks at a discount so they were each $175. Then he charged me for the new gas in each.

In the end, I was expecting to drop $500+ on a new tank and gas, and instead I got out of there with 2 new large tanks and gas for each for under $150.

Go Chuck!

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Tractor Supply is awesome. They’re a little more expensive, but I always go there because people know their shit and they’re friendly. Also those Coleman pit bikes they have are awesome. I got one, put a new exhaust, air intake and fuel injector in it and it fucking flies!!!

congrats @bewildered!!! Being a parent is both the most stressful and most rewarding thing you’ll ever do. My boys decided to make a swimming pool in my garden cart today, because country that’s why. Kids are awesome, welcome to the best club on earth.

8. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

@bewildered Congrats on the birth of your baby. Hope you and your family are doing well.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

So MMA fights are taking place with no fans in attendance. Yet the fighters still have walkout music. Like can't they just do that with ear pods or something? Bluetooth that shit. We don't need to hear your crappy taste in rap music.

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Thanks y'all! Baby is healthy, couldn't ask for more or better.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Some road trips are better then others.

I've driven across country more times then I can count. There is a huge difference between driving a late model vehicle and driving a 25 year old car that looks good and is just stretching it's legs passing everyone in sight.

I'm disappointed that I haven't been able to do any of the wrenching on my car, but I did direct what was done and threw lots of money at it to make sure it was done correctly. It is somewhat my creation.

If I'm looking for an adventure, I'll take a road trip in an old car any day over something new. No one walks up to you at a fuel stop to compliment you on your Altima that went by them 25 miles back down the road.

12. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

How wonderful, bewildered! I am so happy for you guys ♡

13. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was laughing about that too, it seemed hollow. I actually like no crowds because I like hearing the impact of every strike, that intake of air when when received. These last two events seem to have held my attention better than previous events.

14. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wish ours was like yours. Here the employees are almost clueless and the store is very poorly stocked. There’s one just over the border in PA and I may try that one sometime. Down there it’s more rural, maybe someone takes their job and ag more seriously.

15. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Congrats @bewildered !! Glad everything went well and all are healthy.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I greatly prefer them for the exact reason you mention. I'm sure the fans who would otherwise be in attendance disagree, but that's not my problem. Some of those leg kicks sound like gunshots going off. There was one last night, I won't spoil it for anyone, but I looked up "what the FUCK was that??" and realized it was the tv.

Thought it was funny how everyone was giving Dana props last night. I think we all were. Of course, they are the ones getting paid. The only athletes getting paid right now.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Did you not hear? Pro wrestling has been deemed essential and performing scripted matches to empty arenas. I guess they did Wrestlemania in a training gym this year, that is hilarious.

Athletes? Yes. Sport? No.

I can’t grasp how fucking mentally retarded that is. It isn’t quality enough to be a studio dhow, it’s a bunch of oiled-up gaytards screaming into a microphone with no crowd reactions. I stopped watching this nearly two decades ago. It hasn’t even tried to improve its product once yet it sells out stadiums. When people still went to it.

One thing is for sure, our air will be a little less poisonous once Vince McMahon is finally in the ground. Die slow, sociopath.

18. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve been to several live UFC paperview events. Its a much better product on TV than if it in person. The cage gets in your field of view. Their are camera people in your way. You end up watching on the various big screens throughout the arena.

#158 Frebis, May 17, 2020
    Last edited: May 17, 2020
  19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

There are a few UFC events that I would have loved to be in the stands for... top of that list is GSP winning the title in Montreal.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Seeing fights in person is never that great unless you’re right up close. And MMA attracts a very large douche audience to help you stay away.

Team sports live.... night and day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.