Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL HAVE A COKE DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Have a coke you guys.

[​IMG]

Wait, no, that's not right. I think this is what they meant:
    [​IMG]

Jack and cokes are probably an all time favorite of mine. Soon....

[​IMG]

It is also national coconut cream pie day. You can find your own private time pics for that.

Anybody have hot weekend quarantine plans? I think I will clean out my duck coop. Don't be too jealous. I also need to find somewhere to buy pork belly to make some burnt ends which I have been thinking about since @shegirl posted them in the cooking thread. Happy Friday you guys.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My weekend plans were to do a deep house and garage cleaning and make a whole bunch of sausage. Since I half assed putting my car back together last week I need to take it apart again and properly reconnect a power wire to my alternator as I’m getting parasitic draw that might blow the sausage plans. Otherwise all my car work has been great I got a good bump in mpg so the stuff I changed out did some good.

By the grace of god Kroger had a .99 cents a pound sale on pork shoulder last week and I did multiple trips to load up my freezer with it.

I’ve always been a Beam and coke drinker. I got the Bonded old granddad 100 proof last week and isn’t as good as I remembered.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I'm jealous of your Kroger deals. They had cheap gas, too. We used to visit TX for Christmas and load up coolers with Kroger deals. Especially because TX is beef country, you could get all sorts of expensive cuts of beef and other meat for next to nothing. I'm stuck with limited grocery options here and pay full retail price. We eat a lot of ground turkey and chicken breast.

Frickin frack. More small town blues. I think we have a leak in a wall and I've called every plumber I can think of with no answer.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

brisket at $1.50/lbs is heavenly

going to the landscaping place in a bit to get some soil for the raised garden beds. This weekend is gonna be spent moving soil from my truck into the back for the beds, then getting the watering setup. Anytime I can spend outdoors is never wasted time, though I’m not looking forward to the mosquito fight

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Not sure about coconut cream pie, but I am planning to cream pie my wife this weekend as we are going to start trying to for another kid and I guess this the perfect weekend to do so. I havent had a Jack and Coke in a while; perhaps thats the beverage of choice this weekend? That sounds good to me.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

mmmm I just found some good guarana powder to add to drinks. Essentially caffeine powder, but naturally occurring and with a bunch of other good stuff mixed in there -- from the Guarana fruit, native to the South America area. I know there's some other caffeine addicts on here, and this stuff is great. Don't know why it never occurred to me to look for powdered guarana, to add to like smoothies and such.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Okay... This is not directed at you, or any TiB Americans, but why is your country so fat when groceries are so dirt cheap?

and don’t give time that “it’s cheaper for poor people to eat fast food” shit, your food bills are two to three times cheaper than ours on average. And it’s not like they can’t buy cheap garbage at the store. You guys have things like “Oreo Dessert Pizzas”. Delicious, and they only cost you one foot.

The real terrorists in your country hide in plain sight. They are the people trying to kill everyone with food, and they’re EVERYWHERE. We went to this chain (I think) called “Hoolihan’s” and my family and I were trying so hard not laugh. They were trying to murder us with calories in this place. I could have used the souvenir drink glass to perform hydrodippings, what a shitshow.

As said in the other thread, I hope people are learning (or at least learning to appreciate) cooking at home during the pandemic. It’s simply better in every way, I think everyone can agree with that. I used to work security on out-of-town jobs where I had no choice but to eat out three tunes a day, and I would feel like garbage within a week. I don’t know how people do it all the time.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Simple: we don't have an obesity problem, we have a laziness problem. People either don't know how to cook, or are too lazy to cook.

I can do a massive brisket for like $30 bucks. Sure, it takes all day to cook, but I can get other shit done between adding wood to the pit. My BBQ days are some of my most productive yard work days.

Then you have people who say fuck it, I'm going to McDonalds. Don't get me wrong, sometimes when you come home from work and you're exhausted, getting some takeout from the local mexican place is perfect. And especially right now when it's more important than ever to support your local businesses where you can. But I see so many people at the grocery store buying beans and flour and rice and I know damn well they don't know what to do with it, or if they do they don't care to take the time -- which everyone has MASSIVE amounts of right now -- to do it anyway.

Never been a better time to teach yourself how to cook. And I promise you there's a lot of people out there not taking advantage of it.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I think the short answer is that it is a complicated problem that did not happen overnight.

At one point, a lot of this instant gratification and junk food was cheaper, while quality food like fresh meat and vegetables were more expensive. Plus the convenience factor is worth something to someone who works for little money or satisfaction all day and is physically and/or emotionally exhausted by the time they get home. Then you add in how these foods became normalized, they stayed cheap and available due to marketing/lobbying, and then fresh stuff is more expensive or downright unattainable in inner cities or small towns. You learn to cook and how to eat from your parents as a kid. It probably only takes a generation for these eating habits to become the new norm. Your eating habits are formed as a kid. You can break them but it takes concerted effort.

Personally, I grew up with a mom who stayed at home with the kids and cooked from scratch. We rarely, rarely ate food made elsewhere. I can probably count on my hands with fingers left over the number of meals I had out as a kid, and it was never dinner items. Like, I'd get breakfast at Hardees while my mom met a friend for coffee (she only got coffee). Now, I didn't really learn to cook from her because she booted all the children out of the kitchen while she was working, but that was the food I ate. I learned how in college when I was more on my own. I definitely eat more meals prepared by others now as an adult than I ever did before, but it is still not much compared to other Americans, and it is usually just a break from cooking rather than junk. Like, we'll get curry from the thai place or something. Caloric, but still fresh ingredients.

The times I've traveled and been forced to eat more fast food has me feeling like a slug. I think a big part of that is how much fucking salt is in all that garbage, but the lack of vitamins and fiber doesn't help either. I try to hit up places that have healthier options but it still isn't great compared to how I normally eat, and sometimes it just isn't possible.

10. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pork Butts at .99 a pound here, smoker and sous vide will be getting fired up tonight.

More of a rum and coke guy, JD is a bit to proud of the products these days, not paying almost 30 a bottle for it.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Like, take for example spam. It is ubiquitous in Hawaiian culture. It used to be cheap and easily available.

When I lived in Hawaii, the big cans of spam were about $8, and that was at the military commissary where everything was baseline cheap.

Spam is garbage food. I could get actual cuts of meat and fresh fish way, way cheaper than that nasty shit.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

If anyone hates getting old like I do, a dumping yard cart is a major lower back saver my god!!

766CEF02-882A-424E-992E-1BEC370391D0.jpeg

13. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought correct etiquette was to sniff the coke off a hookers ass. Or so the internet tells me.

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Google autocorrected me to "snorting" the coke off a hooker's ass. Here you go, friend.

[​IMG]

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Unless you live in a food desert I think junk/fast food is mainly a convenience thing. Produce is way less expensive per meal if you break it down.

I’ll echo the exhausted after work sentiment. My mom cooked us nightly meals. I’d kill my self if I had to cook for an hour a night after I got off work. Shit spending 3-4 hours cooking meal prep on the weekends takes its toll. Chunk of your weekend gone. I finally decided to try making two weeks worth of meals so I have the next weekend off. What plans did I make instead? Make more food.

If you’ve never done coke off a titty I’d suggest you try it. It’s awesome. I don’t fuck with the asshole. I’m not putting something up my nose that was touching your sphincter.

16. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wolf of Wallstreet. You're the best.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

The whole home dynamic has changed a lot over the last few decades for most Americans. There's a lot of single parents or single adults working full time. Even if you are married with kids it's pretty normal for both spouses to work, and real cooking does take some time between prep and cooking.

The fastest thing we eat here are stirfrys, probably eat that 3 or 4 times a week, but between chopping everything and browning the meat it's still around an hour of work, and that's if you cook with a purpose and get it done. When I had my seasonal gig last year we would split it up, he would ask me what I needed chopped and/or browned and then I would cook and season everything when I got home. Some people are just too fucking tired. Commutes can be seriously nasty for a huge number of people, it just kills your day.

It's a lot easier now that I'm at home. I can cook elaborate meals that require rising or development of sauces. We ate a lot simpler when I had a 40hr a week gig.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

See?!??

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But, naked Margot Robbie is better than coke booty.

[​IMG]

20. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

True, no sane straight man would turn that down

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.