Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL EMPLOYEE APPRECIATION DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Mar 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy National Employee Appreciation Day. Anyone else getting treated?

[​IMG]

Or do you get to work from home today? No one saw that lunch beer, have two why dontcha?

Sorry not sorry for that.

Focus: Dumb workplace celebrations. Did the secretary get everybody a card? Did the boss bring in donuts?

Alt Focus: Criminally underrepresented thusly. Here's some booty.

[​IMG]

2. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m stuck in Nashville airport, currently drinking, so not a bad Friday.

On company time no less, I guess that’s appreciation.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Which poison didya pick?

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    So.....Crazy rented a room to a new guy....

Supposedly he flew into town yesterday and took an Uber from the airport. Usually Crazy is pretty good about vetting folks, but this guy is setting off alarms to me, hopefully I'm wrong.

I met him last night and talked for a bit. The dude would not look me in the eye. I get that I can be a bit intimidating to some people because of my size, but this guy is half my age and around 6'3" 230lbs or so. He's a big guy and pretty self assured of himself....I did not physically intimidate him, but he would not look me in the eye. There's something wrong there.

And then today Crazy told me the guy said he was getting a check for $10K and asked if he could deposit it in his account. Less then 24 hours after meeting. Another warning flare went up for me. (At least Crazy told him "Hell no!)

He seems to be an ok guy, but he's been setting off alarm bells since the moment I met him, and usually when that happens I'm not wrong. We'll see what happens.

I did pick up one of the coolest baseball cards from the 50's today. Willie Mays checking out Duke Snider's muscles:

58.jpg

5. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Toytoy, man, I think that you need to look at getting your own place closer to the new job.

1) Less of a commute.
    2) No crazy ass room mates.

Your peace is totally worth a few dollars more a month, buddy. At least see what possibilities exist?

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Time to go full on Jack Reacher on his ass.

7. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Definitely autism.

The upshot is he’s vaccinated so you don’t have to worry as much about measles.

8. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have to go out to a thing with the husband today.

I dont know if y’all know this but things aren’t my jam. Especially when I have an urge to side eye the fuck out of a couple of these cockbags.

Other stuff...
    I guess we are moving to Colorado?

And hi!

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Believe me I've thought about it many times. I could rent a house (I don't do apartments), but a house rental is about $1600...then add in electric, water, sewer, garbage, cable & internet and it's well over $2K a month. I'd also have to furnish it, which would be another few thousand....and then I'd end up with at least a couple empty bedrooms that I don't need. On the plus side I'd have a garage for my vehicles, I could set up my guitars and amp and actually play once in a while, and I'd have no insane roommates.

On the negative side I'd be kicking out at least an extra $1500 a month that could be going towards my goal of getting a little house set up on my property. I just don't see the temporary payoff of being comfortable right now vs. achieving my goal, and I sure as hell don't want to be stuck in this horrible town forever. I can deal with being annoyed for a few years when I know what the end payoff is: peace, tranquility, security and solitude.

10. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Define “thing”...

Also hi!

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

You could also rent a house and then sublet any extra rooms in order to offset the cost of your rent, utilities and furnishings. Might be worth it to run the numbers a bit, if you haven't already.

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

That thought has crossed my mind too, but I don't think y'all fully appreciate the percentage of insane/horrible people in this city. I've been here off and on for about 35 years and I have one close friend in this town. Anywhere else I've lived I've had a pretty big social circle. It may be the transient nature of the city, but people here are fucking weird...they're out to screw you over before you screw them over. It took me a few years, but I got to where I don't trust anyone I meet here because it's a 95% chance they're fucked up.

13. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Peopleing w his work people is stressful for me. I like doing things on my own terms.

But I dressed up cute so...

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

15. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy fuck, I missed this place.

16. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dog farts are the worst. I can't imagine what that room smelled like.

17. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I’ve been on a Bo Burnham kick this weekend so here’s this:

I miss you guys.

18. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Unrelated to anything, I agreed to see Weezer and The Pixies with one of my old high school friends this month.

So, I’m still super regretful about not going to see Soundgarden literally the week that Chris Cornell died. I’m right three in between generations, I’ve seen Pearl Jam live but I’ve never seen Weezer, STP, or Soundgarden. All of whom I’ve considered my favorite.

I’m super fucking excited about seeing Weezer in a few weeks.

19. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    I repped this to abneretta, but I missed a Soundgarden concert a week before Chris did himself in because I was swamped with work. In hindsight, I should've just gone and suffered the consequences. My friend who was there, and who is also a fucking philistine when it comes to music, said "Yeah, it was alright, I guess."

I've never had such an urge to kill someone with my teeth before. Go see your favorite bands, kids. Before you know it, they'll be gone.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I started a whole thread on this after Chris Cornell killed himself. Prodigy was basically the main reason I wanted to go to Sonic Temple. I mean DISTURBED is 3rd fucking billing, shows how much they have beyond the main headliners. Pearl Jam is still on my bucket list. It sucks that their tickets are in the 200+ range for nose bleeds last time they were in Chicago, the nearest they were playing to me. Im going to Peter Frampton because this is his last tour this year because he has a degenerative muscle disease.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.