Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL DRINK YOUR NEIGHBORS' BEER [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    The guy wasn't in a tribute band, but there's a guy in my hometown that got so into Poison and Bret Michaels that besides completely copying Michael's look, he legally changed his last name to Michaels. His original last name was highly respected in town (His uncle in in the NFL Hall of Fame) but this dip shit was dead set on being Bret Michaels.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

There’s nothing unusual about emulating famous people you admire when you’re young. We get older we might still wear sports jerseys or band shirts. But when you keep impersonating another person who you aren’t....it’s just creepy and you’re probably mentally ill.

Like fake martial arts experts. Mentally. Ill. But Jesus are their videos hilarious.

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of tribute bands, I wish I'd had the chance to play this one live. We practiced it, but never did it at a gig. The guitar parts are awesome, the lyrics are awesome:

"So we put her on the hit list,
    Of a common cunning linguist,
    A master of many tongues"

Sweet Lucy was a dancer...

4. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tribute bands that go to every extreme to look exactly like the real people kinda creep me out.

We once played a festival where a U2 cover band went on after us. "Bono" was after dead ringer for the real thing, even his mannerisms. Although I was told Real Bono is probably less of an asshole.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Now this.... yeah, you’ll love it:

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Prison has not been kind to him.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

All the black people that he directed his scorn at for the last twenty years currently surround him on all sides. It’s pretty funny if you ask me.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Buzzed on a Monday night.... woot!

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Today was an interesting day... I basically had to bully a client developer.

The senior dev of my client has fucked off on vacation for a month, leaving a very junior developer in charge.

We ran into a technical problem that is pretty fucking standard and easy to fix... except he didn't understand the problem, never mind the solution.

I made some recommendations, which he promptly ignored. He came back the next day with a "solution", which is the most fucked up Rube Goldberg-like fucking "solution" I've ever heard of.

So yeah... me being the level headed guy that I am, I fucking lost it.

I counted to ten, then I got on a video conference call with Junior Fuckwad dev, me, and my 2 senior tech leads (technical directors).

I kind of lost my shit... "yeah, there's no fucking way we're doing what you want. Fuck that. It's beyond stupid.... I alone have 100 times the experience you do so there's no way you're going to call the shots... so this is what's going to happen... you are going to do exactly what we (the three of us) want, with zero resistance. If you do, this stays private amongst the three of us, and you get to learn a fuckload of new shit that you've never known before. If you don't, I'm going to your boss's boss's boss and point out how fucking stupid your solution is. To be clear, he's writing a cheque for over $80k for just the three of us here, never mind the $500k a month he spends on the rest of the team. Needless to say my responsibility is to him... not you, not your boss, not your boss's boss... but his boss... the co-founder. So you have 10 seconds to make a decision... you doing what we want, or am I going nuclear and making this a big fucking thing that will probably not be in your best interest. Your fucking call."

"Well, I need to think about it..."

"You have 10 fucking seconds before I hang up and call Co-Founder."

"Well, I don't see a problem..."

"That's not the question I asked... 5 seconds... are you going to do as you're politely asked, without resistance? I'm sick of wasting time... what's it going to be?"

5 seconds hesitation

"OK... we'll do it your way."

"Excellent.. .now prepare to learn some shit that you should really already know..."

Yeah... today was a bit of a "confrontation day".

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

To be clear, his management are idiots and put the kid in a totally untenable situation so while it was pretty fucking harsh, and very confrontational, it will do him the most benefit in the long run.

I've also made it clear to him that I will gladly accept full responsibility for any and all decisions that I make, so if anyone has anything shitty to say (like when his boss gets back in a month), I'll take full ownership.

Poor kid thought he had to make all the decisions, and isn't experienced enough to understand that deferring to someone much more experienced than you is a valid option.

So yeah... it was a bit rough, but it got the job done.

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

“Pull up my pants? Irony won’t be the only thing dripping from you today pudding boy.” -Cosby’s cell mate probably

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Does he have a celly? I feel worse for him that he has to rape an 81 year old.

15. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m not sure but having a cell mate who gets irony would be funny.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Only if he uses pudding as lube. Might be a waste of prison canteen funds though.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

He's been in protective custody so far. They say they want to release him into general population, but I'm not sure doing that to a serial rapist is a good idea (from a safety standpoint, not a karma standpoint), never mind one that is super famous and legally blind.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The can’t just release him into Gen Pop without his signing off on it. He’s a high profile convict and they are always isolated. Back in the 90’s Robert Downey Jr thought he’d try to be a “regular guy” by mixing with the gen pops and promptly got his ass kicked and got to see a real prison infirmary operate from the inside.

If Cosby goes into Gen pop he’ll be killed. Why? So the guy who killed him can say he killed Bill Cosby. What else does he have to do?

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

How to get your ass kicked:

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Did you know that in the 40's Hobart made Weldmobiles? They were a welder and generator all in one.

1940s-Hobart-Weldmobile-2-630x390.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.