Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL DRINK A BEER WITH YOUR LAZY MUM DAY[NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Sep 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had TMNT toys and a few Power Rangers toys. The latter flew off of the shelves, even during the non-holiday season.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I appreciated how they made the black ranger black and the Asian ranger yellow so you could tell them apart while masked.

Seriously I fucking hated Power Rangers. Not for the normal reasons. For some reason, back in the mid-90’s the original show was hugely popular with people MY age, like: high school seniors and college kids, despite the fact it was factually aimed at eight-year-olds. It made PERFECT sense for little kids to love this show. But for me, the show was basically the worst Shaw Brothers movie done over and over again, while shoehorned with the most cringe-worthy acting ever seen on camera (although the original Pink ranger was hot as hell).

I would come to school and friends would ask me about yesterday’s episode, who they think the new white ranger is. “I DON’T CARE, I’M NOT TEN YEARS OLD!!!! CAN WE TALK ABOUT GETTING LAID OR SPORTS OR ANYTHING ELSE?!?!?!”

I wasn’t even that mature for my age, it boggled my fucking mind what a grown person could possibly get out of that show.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I hated Power Rangers too, and I was somewhat in its target demo when the original series was on. All of the zord battle scenes were just taken from the original Japanese series and not even re-filmed, thats why they looked like complete shit compared to when the characters were just walking around. Also, aside from the Ranger colors reflecting their race or gender, apparently the Blue Ranger was bullied on set relentlessly for being gay. Thats nice.

Such a stupid show.

4. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a lot of Star Wars, GI Joe, and my brother had Masters Of The Universe Toys. I only have one of the original Star Wars figures from my childhood.

And let me tell you, I've spent a LOT of money to collect them again. Except GI Joe, there's just too much in that line to even try.

5. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had the original full-sized Voltrons. Both the Lion set and the lesser known Vehicle Voltron. Looking at the cost of those things on Ebay now... really wish I would have just kept them boxed up.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

There was an even MORE rare third Voltron involving different animals.

The car one was lame as a MOTHERFUCKER, though.

7. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think about that too. Thing is, if everyone did that they wouldn't be worth much if anything.

8. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Really? I couldn't find anything about a 3rd one. Unless you're referring to the weird "stealth" Voltron from the weird 3D version that kinda looked like some vehicle/animal hybrid.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remember reading that about the blue ranger actor being bullied. Tv production was not as woke in the early 90s.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The yellow Ranger died in a car accident, one of the red rangers killed a guy with a broadsword, another red ranger seemingly dropped dead, they fired half the original cast while at the height of their popularity for asking for a raise....

For the next reboot they should change the name of the show to “Glee”. Or “Different Strokes”. It seems to have the same sort of sleazy mortality rate.

11. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You guys. The only pretend ranger worth any attention was PINK. Amy Jo Johnson. Go forth, google. Yw.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Ha! When they were scripting the original version before it went on air, one of my old co-workers was cast as the pink ranger but her parents wouldn’t let her travel to LA. Something about high school comes first and all that. They had no clue it would be such a big thing.

I also worked for a period of time with the actor who did play the original red ranger. It was weird seeing so many adults geek out and bring their VCR tapes in for him to sign. Dude was also kinda an idiot, and the reason we now require our independent contractors to go through our full training. Behind every warning label is a dumbass with a story.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well, that's not good... bit of a train derailment in Illinois today

[​IMG]

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

On Sept 11 2001 I had just walked into my math class. Our teacher was an old Air Force vet, and our school was located next to one of the largest military bases in the city. He was freaking out. Fighter jets were swarming around the immediate area, dude closed the windows and was peering out them as he hurriedly tried to explain what was happening. Few, if any, of us knew what the World Trade Center was. Just another big building in New York. The people on tv said it was an an accident, but from the sounds coming from that military base there was clearly something else going on.

When the second plane hit, our entire school felt it. One student, who’s father worked in the WTC, was quickly removed from class. America was under attack. The neighboring military base must have become sentient, as it didn’t stop making growing and shooting and humming and rocket noises for the next few days.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Bill Burr’s new Netflix special is arguably his best and funniest work. The first half is not-stop ferocious attacks on every current subject necessary. His take on “No Means No” was so refreshing to hear.

I hope it pisses off the right people. I want another Chappelle Effect already.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Watched it last night. It was by far the funniest and sharpest he's ever been. The story about his dog tied back to how his wife nags him was very well done. Huge step up from his last special which was just okay.

17. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Going to Vegas with the wife in Nov and wanted to surprise her with Lady Gaga's Jazz & Piano show tickets. Uh, nope. $600 each for seats in the highest section a few rows from the back. We're big fans but Jesus, that's nuts.

Anyone have any other recommendations for Vegas shows or eats? Already been to Stomp and Blue Man Group.

18. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The MGMcirque du soleil was great. We went to the Penn and Teller, didn't like that as much, like there shows on TV, but something about it live wasn't that great.

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

What year did you go? We saw Penn and teller and they had a cirque de Soleil thing there when we stayed at the MGM. I think we went in 2016.

20. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We went 2 years ago in November. We also went a comedy club which was great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.