Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL DONUT DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jun 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy national donut day.

[​IMG]

Who is getting their free donut on today? KrispyKreme? Dunkin donuts? I heard even Walmart is participating.

Focus: it's the weekend! Stuff your face and have no shame.
    Alt focus: you're on a diet. Make a circle out of carrot sticks and live vicariously through us fat fucks.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

There’s a local place in the city called Kanes Donuts that has a seasonal hibiscus donut.

[​IMG]

Since there’s a Dunkin on every street corner here, I refuse to go there on free donut day out of principle. What that principle is, I’m not sure. But I’m abiding by it.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Someone can move this to the politics thread if it makes more sense there, but this is so incredibly stupid I have a hard time considering it actual politics. Behold, the metric system is a Jacobin plot:

4. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of my biggest pet peeves is people treating service industry people poorly. I worked fast food when I was 15 and got cursed at and treated like shit.

I remember one blistering hot summer day in St Louis, my manager at Hardee’s had me blacktop the parking lot. A minimum wage fifteen year old black topped a parking lot in 103 degree weather. Bless my heart, I thought it’d look good on my resume but I digress.

Today I was at McDonalds and two redneck pieces of shit were berating an employee for sweeping near their table. They figured sweeping would stir up dust in the air. I told them that was a huge stretch and she was just trying to do her job.

Everyone should have to work fast food at least once in their life.

5. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I bussed tables for one summer at a rather nice restaurant and people treated me like garbage all the time. It was alarming how natural it came to some people.

Now, I treat staff at restaurants with the utmost respect and I tip well. It's generally a thankless job where you have to force a smile with a lot of people.

Also, it's just common sense to not mess with people who prepare your food (or have easy access to your toothbrush)...

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    How appropriate after my day from hell. The one that truly stuck out amongst all the shit people tried to pile on me was a self important nurse. He started out babbling at me about medications and nonsense, and after a couple of minutes of him demanding to speak to a doctor without telling me much of what the fuck the issue was I'd had enough. All politeness went out the window.

I finally wrangled out of him that A) He was a nurse B) He was calling about a 92 year old woman in a nursing home C) She'd been to the dentist today and had a tooth extracted.

Finally I had something to work with and asked "What's the problem?" It turns out the Dr had prescribed antibiotics for her and the nurse was not going to give her any medications without a diagnosis. My jaw dropped. "Uh...you need a diagnosis for antibiotics? How about this....she 92 years old, just had a tooth extracted, and has an open wound in her mouth. Antibiotics are kind of a good idea at this point."

Then the dumb ass started arguing with me. He hung up after screaming that he would have me fired because I refused to put him in touch with a Dr after hours for the most stupid reason ever. The patient's son called me shortly after to find out what was going on and I explained the whole situation to him...A Dr prescribed antibiotics for his mother because she had a tooth extracted and an open wound in her mouth and this nurse was refusing to give his mother antibiotics prescribed by her Dr because...whatever the fuck his reasons might be. Stupidity I guess.

Long story short....One of our jobs is jeopardy and it's not mine.

The whole interaction just reinforced my belief that I will never,ever live in a nursing home. No. Fucking. Way. I will check myself out before that happens and hope that God forgives me.

7. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He was trying to save the nursing home money, and probably not very much money at that considering most antibiotics are going to be generics.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

At the Texas coast with my in-laws and family, beautiful beach, perfect weather, fishing is great too.

However, the residents of Port A can suck a running chainsaw. Jesus shat on a virgin, did everyone in this town forget how to drive after 8 pm? I drove 15 miles to a Specs for some cigars and it was like people were in a game of bumper cars on the highway and I was the only one who didn’t wanna play.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Oh shit.

I'm drunk and came across a little toy about 400 miles away that I could easily afford.

I love RX7's. Always have. They're an absolute kick in the ass to drive, although the rotary engines are a bit finicky.

So this is available for $3500...

rx7.jpg

It's an automatic, which no self respecting RX7 should ever have, but it has a secret under the hood...

rx72.jpg

A 355 SBC with 202 heads and a 700r4 tranny, so it has overdrive. You can't tell me this thing wouldn't be a kick in the ass. The interior is clean as hell.

I guess we'll see how much drunk self control I have this evening, I've bought much more expensive cars I didn't need on a whim before....

10. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Cake and my kid -

He’s an audiophile and it’s pretty cool.

He just...goddammit. In 2017 he asked if we’d heard of a classic rock band called RHCP.

I nearly sold him.

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a kid when I was a camp counselor ask me if I'd heard of this new band called the Red Hot Chili Peppers right about the time Stadium Arcadium was released.

12. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just opened Apple Music and my kid has gone on a Sinatra kick. If he asks me who Sinatra is I’m kicking him out.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

For older artists, my daughter LOVES Tom Petty, Veruca Salt, Alice in Chains and she went nuts the first time I played Madonna for her. “She sounds like so many of different singers!” ....nah. Other way around, kid.

It’s lots of fun to watch a kid’s reaction when they hear classic or super-popular songs from the past for the first time. I mean Jesus, “The Sign” by Ace of Base was playing in the car the other day almost instantly she was bouncing around and before it was even half-over she was pretending to know all the words to it. LOUDLY. They have no idea how much catchy music is out there until you introduce them to it.

#13 Crown Royal, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Red Sox legend David "This is our fucking city" Ortiz was shot in the Dominican Republic, is being flown to Boston for surgery. Dude got fucked up bad.

15. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yesterday Jungle Julia, Li'l Bandit and I went to the beach.

It was cloudy, which in our opinion is the perfect beach weather.
    However, when it was time to go, Jungle Julia went into one of the bathrooms and walked in on some woman washing her pussy in the sink... JJ kept specifying how brown it was.
    All in all, a great trip.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Was at the coast last weekend with the in-laws (Mustang Island, Port A). My wife started talking about how I am absolutely shameless in shitting anywhere, doesn't matter if it's a nasty gas station or even in the actual ocean. Several people would only shit at home, which was weird, because work shits are the best shits.... anyway, the one exception to my rule of no rules, are those public bathrooms at the coast. I refuse to even go in them. Hell I don't even like being near them. Gross me the fuck out.

17. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You have no idea how disappointed I was that these weren't interrelated

18. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I prefer to shit at Target, Home Depot, and Chik Fila. Always exceptional facilities.

I’d rather shit on the side of the road than go to a bodega.

19. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Best High School graduation speech ever?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.