Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL CANDY DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy national Candy (Barr) Day!

upload_2022-11-4_11-28-4.png
    upload_2022-11-4_11-31-11.png

Most of the Halloween candy is gone. I regret nothing.

Happy Friday! Anyone prepping for a nice cold weather hot toddy tonight?

2. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Got some rain moving through and some colder weather behind it. Supposed to be sunny and cool tomorrow. We will set up a TV on the deck and enjoy toddies and watch copious amounts of football.
    About to enjoy a bourbon now while waiting on dinner to finish.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Well I had quite the eventful week. My parents came to visit. It was the first time I've seen them in person in over 3 years, and they hadn't met my toddler either. It was overall a great visit, and I may have become a little verklempt in the airport. Mom brought me 30lbs of conecuh sausage and I sent her home with smoked cheese, hot smoked paprika, peppers, tomatoes, and seeds. Airfare is crazy high right now but I'll have to see about going to visit sooner rather than later.

4. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We got candy since we had no idea what the trick-or-treat situation is in our new neighborhood. It is nonexistent. I am content.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

We normally have a huge crowd but it was rainy so that cut way back on the volume. There were some parents shuttling kids around in cars. We had a large bag of shitty candy that we left on the porch since we already picked through and ate the good stuff, so I guess we disappointed fewer kids this year.

We did trunk or treat on main street with the kiddo and there were literally thousands of kids there. I was totally amazed. I'm glad we got there on the earlier side when foot traffic was flowing because by the time we were wrapping up the streets were clogged.

6. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We had a really warm night and a bright moon, so we went for a ride. The kid did his first night driving on a boat. He did amazing and knew where he was, and which way to go, way better than most adults do.

Screenshot_20221106-050920-920.png

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It most definitely is a better job than how Kevin O’Leary and his wife did.

8. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And better than this guy. I wonder if they did that last night and had to sleep there till this morning, because I find it hard to believe someone would hit that in broad daylight.

Screenshot_20221106-101353~2.png

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

such a proud moment I'm sure. Driving a boat is difficult enough. At night really is no joke. Knowing where you are in relation to everything else, when you're essentially sailing blind like that, is so huge.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The Murdaugh docuseries on HBO is wild. If there were ever an example of privilege, that family would be it.

11. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You have no idea. I had a law school classmate who's a member of their clan. We had no idea and then this pops off and you kinda go oh that's why that girl had brass balls.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That family could give the Clintons a run for their money when it comes to killing people that annoy them.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I avoid road rage like the plague. If I do something pisses someone off, or someone perceives that I've wronged them on the road, they get a friendly wave. I may put my hand to my heart and mouth that I'm sorry and hope they understand that I truly mean it. If someone does something to me on the road, I immediately conclude I don't want to be near them on the road and just get away, if possible.

If someone comes at me like that guy from the white truck, I might shoot them. I don't mind taking a punch, but you never know if the other guy is going to stop trying to beat on you when you're at a disadvantage like that. I don't ever want to make that decision.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Do NOT get out of your car in traffic. No matter what. If somebody wants to do that to me, fine. My car will be dragging you if you hang on. And THEN you’re going to jail after to pick the gravel out of your flesh.

17. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're going to gun down an unarmed person when you are sitting in one ton of motorized, metal armor?

Just drive away. Better that your car be totaled driving on the sidewalk then go to jail because you killed an unarmed person. Even if you were in one of those "stand your ground" states, is your car really worth having to live with that?

There was no reason for the guy in the car in that video to leave the safety of his vehicle. Even if he was a professional fighter, why would you chance the other guy getting in a lucky shot and end up dying when your head bounces off the curb?

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Escalating is for characters in movies and TV shows. There is a butterfly effect here to consider— violence means 911, means cops. means jail, means lose your job, means turning your entire life into a slippery slope because you were amped up in your car.

And the added bonus— somebody FILMED you, so not only are you GOING to lose your job; you’re now hated on social media. Forever. By the planet.

19. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]
    A seasonal vibrator display. Walmart's getting wild.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Next to the lotion. Love it.

This is the same store that wouldn’t sell Eminem albums because…… huh?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.