Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL BATH DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jun 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

June 14, 2019 - INTERNATIONAL BATH DAY

[​IMG]
    It's been a long week. Treat yoself!
    Last night it was brought to my attention that no baths have been taken in this house yet. Personally I find baths either boring or so relaxing that I fall asleep. There is no middle ground.

More to the tune of the WDT, it is also
    NATIONAL BOURBON DAY

What's your go-to label? My dad always had Evan Williams around, which isn't expensive stuff, but decent for regular use and to share.
    Maker's mark is tasty, though someone else will have to correct me on if a bourbon is the same as a bourbon whiskey. I am obviously far from an expert on this one.

Focus: Get in the bath with your bourbon. I don't want pics. Please don't drown.

2. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It's all whisky (or whiskey, too). Bourbon is a type of whiskey, has to have certain ingredients, be aged in a certain way. Think genus:species.

I am with you, nothing wrong with Maker's Mark.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you pour me a glass of Maker's Mark, I'll drink it, but it has chocolatey finish to me, and I don't care for it. I prefer Eagle Rare 10 as my favorite bourbon. Alas, it is actually rare now and harder to find locally, and more expensive. I usually just drink Jim Beam as my regular. Eagle Rare is basically just Buffalo Trace that's been aged 6 years longer. And Ancient Age is practically Buffalo Trace that hasn't been aged at all. However, Ancient Age has rough edges, like you'd expect from a early, cheaper bourbon. I have recently found a happy compromise in Ancient Age 10 Star as a regular bourbon. It's a little cheaper than Jim Beam, and I think tastes better.

I have a Tervis high ball tumbler, and prefer to drink my bourbon "up" in it. Up (stirred, not shaken) is my preferred method, as it stays consistent in taste until it's empty, instead of slowly getting watered down as I sip.

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Our AC took a shit the other day. It’s 15 years old but I was hoping for one more year out of it. Guess not.

Our thermostat got fried. So we replaced it. And realized the circuit panel on the unit in the attic is what destroyed it. Between the evaporator cool being a rust bucket and needing a new panel, it’s just better to replace.

But I wasn’t prepared for spend $9k. Fuck.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maker’s gives me bad hangovers. Jim Beam is my go to liquor period. Woodford reserve or Four Roses small batch if I want to get spendier.

6. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My go-to for a while was Early Times bottled in bond, but like most things I like, everyone near me has stopped carrying it.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I took my daughter to a kid’s expo downtown and its most amusing and surprising feature was getting to meet the cat who played Church in “Pet Sematary”. However it’s not creepy at all, it does “dog tricks” better than a trained show dog and it’s the friendliest cat on earth. It stood like a stone statue while ten shrieking little kids prodded at it.

8. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a Jim Beam guy but for ~$4-5 bucks more, I get the Jim Beam Black. Way smoother. My favorite bourbon is Blanton's but it's getting very hard to find. Rumor I heard from a bartender is that they're selling it to Japanese drinkers for a mint so they're sending the majority of it across the Pacific.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I heard this exact same thing about Eagle Rare from the local warehouse guy. A month later, I heard the same thing when I could only find smaller bottles of Ancient Age 10 Star. Either there's no bullshit flowing out of Kentucky or the Japanese suddenly love them some bourbon?

ETA: Apparently, Suntory's popular Japanese whiskies Hibiki 17 and Hakushu 12 were discontinued about the same time they bought the Jim Beam company. I dunno.

10. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maker’s and Canada Dry. That’s what I’m gonna have after work tonight. Aw yiss.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Bourbon and spirits in general are going apeshit in Tokyo right now.

There are a huge number of new distilleries opening up in the last year, and tons of bars that specialize in serving you your own booze. You don’t pay for booze.... you bring your own and they serve it to you. You pay for the seat by the hour.

Crazy.

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Working in the medical field is making me hate humanity more then ever.

Me: "On a scale of 1-10 how bad is the pain"
    Dipshit: "15. It hurts so bad. Can't you do something?"
    Me: "I can get you in to see the Dr at 8 AM tomorrow. Does that work for you?"
    Dipshit:"I can't get in tomorrow. Can't you get me in on Saturday."
    Me: "The office is not open on Saturday"
    Dipshit: "But I'm in pain..."

Obviously you're not in the pain you're pretending to be if you just turned down a fucking appointment to address the pain almost right away. And the best part is, those dipshits almost always turn into this dipshit:

Dipshit: *Crying, whimpering* "I don't care if the office is closed, I have to see the Dr right now!"
    Me: "Uh...what's the problem?"
    Dipshit: *Sniff, sniff* "This has been going on for a few weeks and I can't take it any more" *Whimper* "You tell the Dr he has to see me right now."

It hurt for weeks and now you want to address it by having me tell a Dr he has to come in after hours to see someone who's never been in his office? Yeah, that's not happening.

And then my absolute favorite that's happened more then once....I make someone an emergency appointment to see a Dr the same day and the next thing out of their mouth is "How do I get there?". I give them directions and they then inform me in the most condescending way possible "I know where the office is. I don't have a car. How am I supposed to get there?"

Go fuck yourself. That's how.

My last job was a cake walk. This one makes me earn my money and then some.

13. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

24 hours of Le Mans starts at 6:00am Pacific Time and is being broadcast in its entirety by Motor Trend network. It is channel 681 on Direct TV. I cannot stay in front of a Television for 24 hours, but I am excited at knowing that at any time I can check in for 10-30 minutes and catch up on what is happening. I hope they get ratings enough to do it again next year.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

woot! Already started to watch the qualifying.

In other news, I just ran across this:

15. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Welcome to the opioid crisis. Now that we are in the shit together, you’ll soon see that many of this country’s problems are best fixed with a flame thrower. Compassion is great and all, but fire is better.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Anyone drive a jeep here that recommends it (or doesnt recommend it)? Im thinking about getting a Grand Cherokee Summit today and finally swap out my sedan. Wanted to get a Yukon or Tahoe but theyre just too big to be driving around a city daily.

17. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yep, and after 25 years in the biz, getting the fuck out was the best thing I ever did.

The only downside is when I need something called in I can't just turn to a co-worker and ask to have it sent in. I actually have to go to my doctor now

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What real pain looks like: my friend begging me to drive her to the ER, and once there, vomiting in a bucket while we waited just from the pain alone.

19. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Juice, I have had several of both, but now I am pretty much all Tahoes. I have not driven a Summit, to be fair.

The Tahoe rides better, lasts longer and has much less maintenance, in my experience. However.....I keep looking at that Jeep Centurion coming in 2020. Jeeps are fun, man.

Get what fits your needs, but definitely shed a Jeep once the bloom is off of it. Don't run it forever, I have found that they just keep breaking once they start breaking. That was the case with my last Cherokee....I literally just got tired of repairing it.

However it goes, best of luck with it!

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

The pain scale is always funny as shit to me. At my most intense pain after the brain surgery, I used to bear hug oak trees in order to support my weight while I threw up from the pain (and promptly passed the fuck out). I never told the nurses I was anything above a 7.

In my opinion, an 8-9 means you need medical intervention NOW because you can’t function on your own, and a 10 is something the doctors have to write on your report because you’re already passed out from the pain.

When they ask me now for things like broken bones, I never go above a 3-4. It’s all subjective and I hate taking medicine. So I just tell them I have a really high pain tolerance (which is the truth) and that for someone else I imagine they’d give a different answer but what that might be is up to the doctor’s opinion (also the truth).

For example, right now I either have a dislocated or broken knuckle. Stupid rock hit it while I was doing yard work and fucked it right up. Didn’t go to the doctor, don’t plan to because it’s still functional albeit weird looking. Pain is like a 1-2 on my scale... I imagine it’d be like a 7 or 8 for the people toytoy is referencing. But my thinking is, grip strength isn’t all that great with it, so I just do hammer curls until I can rehab it back to normal.

Whatever, people are pussies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.