Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL BASTILLE DAY/FIFA CUP FINALS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Drink the good stuff when you're sober just long enough that you don't notice drinking the bad shit.

Same works for wine... I buy a rather nice bottle to start with, but by bottle 3 it's the $15 bottom shelf stuff.

Frugal Drunking.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Wait... this is a thing!?!?

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Is the CA/USD exchange rate really that bad, or am I really just that cheap? My wife and I never spend more than $10USD on a bottle of wine, and our sweet spot is usually in the $6-8 range.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Seriously... THIS IS A THING!?!?!? Thick Chick Tackle Football?

Fucking hell... I had no idea....

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, wine in Canada is way more expensive than wine in the US. A $10 bottle of wine in California is probably around $25 in Canada (for same quality).

A lot of imported wine has huge tariffs on them to help "support" the Canadian (BC and ON) wine industry. As a result, there's a 100% tax on wine coming up from the US into BC, for instance.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

In the last year or so there's been a massive influx of really good boxed wines. My wife and I get the Bota Box cab about $24 for 3 liters. Or basically 4 bottles of wine. Cab's aren't my favorite but that's what she likes, which means that's what I've gotta buy. Their sauvignon blanc and shiraz are the best in my opinion. Buy a box they import them up there.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like Black Box better than Bota Box, but I don't drink that much wine. And, they alternate on sale, but usually it's $17 - $19. (Cab or pinot noir) And bottom shelf wine, like on the actual bottom shelf at Kroger, is $5-8. Only about half of that is screw top.

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yep, I always have a black box of either Merlot or Cabernet on top of the fridge. Black Box never goes on sale around here but it is always $19.99. I rarely drink more than two glasses of wine and I don't like wasting a bottle. Plus if I need some to cook it is easy to just pour some out of the spigot. I firmly believe that if you are cooking with wine it needs to be something that you would also find good enough to drink.

My rich uncle always has very expensive bottles of wine that he opens around the holidays and I got to try some sort of $300 red several Christmases back. I really do not remember what variety or anything like that, but it was the smoothest wine I have ever tasted. The difference was quite noticeable. I will stick with the cheaper stuff that is still palatable because I do not want to ruin myself.

Oregon has a lot of local wines for sale when we went to visit for a house hunting trip and I am looking forward to buying a few bottles to try. They were all inexpensive, $25 or less. I even bought a small wine rack for my bar in anticipation of the move. I might be able to lure some of my family up for a visit if there is talk of the vineyard tours.

9. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Speaking of screw top, if you happen to decide to stop at the liquor store on your lunch break, then leave the bottle in your hot car until it's time to go home, definitely get something with a screw top, or at least make sure the bottle is sitting upright. The air in a bottle of Wild Turkey may or may not have expanded enough to push open the cork in the backseat of my car last week, and said car may or may not reek of booze right now.

Last time I went home, I bought a few bottles from a local winery, but they grow special varieties that I've never heard of because the mainstream ones don't really work in Ohio. I expect them to be pretty bad, but they're conversation pieces, so fuck it.

10. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I go out of town for few days and this happens...

I miss all of the fun. For once I'd like to watch the train wreck as it happens instead of poke through the wreckage afterward.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

We can always hope she comes back... her ban was done as of 12am today, so she's free to post more.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I figured X-ray would be sending her PMs to remind her to check back in. Or Toytoy.

13. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I just made a cash offer real close to the asking price. The seller better get back at me quick before I change my mind. I'm really not a fan of convertibles. I've owned one convertible before, my '68 Camaro RS/SS and honestly I felt like an attention whore driving that thing.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're in Vegas, no one will notice you.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Unless he takes fashion advice from his roommates.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I pm’d her a dick pick. But flaccid. I wouldn’t want her to feel objectified.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Shegirl doesn't find this funny.

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I sent her a picture of my truck.

I've never been very good at this whole online hook up thing.

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

God, I hate waiting. My offer is only a couple hundred dollars off the asking price. There's another car I would pull the trigger on right now, but I went with the car close by.

The seller better get back to me soon....there's a '93 Corvette in my price range available and that sounds amusing as hell.

20. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

go with the vett.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.