Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL BASTILLE DAY/FIFA CUP FINALS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I love the distillery district and Old Town. It’s the crown jewel of Toronto as far as I’m concerned:
    82C9C240-3592-49DF-96E6-734FE437DD85.jpeg

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fucking hell... this is incredible:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Catastroph...oncrete_retaining_wall_failure_allows_a_hill/

Apparently some intense rain/flooding in Istanbul has caused a concrete retaining wall to let loose... and it's scary as hell watching it slowly come undone. (It's a big/deep construction site hole/pit that looks to be many stories deep). You can hear the individual retaining bolts snap... slowly at first, and then faster and faster.

Later on another building then slid into the hole.

Fucking hell.

#242 Nettdata, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And the other building sliding into the pit...

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

jesus christ. These types of videos always remind me of readign about that mall in China that completely collapse on the patrons due to the faulty/cheap construction.

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Gotta love karma. Larry Nassar was assaulted within hours of his release to the general population at the United States Penitentiary in Tucson, AZ.

Nassar’s attorneys blamed the prison assault on Judge Rosemarie Aquilina. Yeah, totally the judge's fault, their client is completely blameless.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I can only imagine when he walked into general, everyone else there got REAL quiet. The kinda quiet where you know something is about to happen, you just don't know when.

Those few hours were probably more painful than the beating he got.

The rest of his life should be similarly fun.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah.... everyone always bitches about the red tape associated with building and construction, but in the end, it's there to try and prevent that kind of failure from happening.

It's the #1 Canon of the Civil Engineering Code of Ethics...

Engineers shall hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public and shall strive to comply with the principles of sustainable development in the performance of their professional duties.
    http://www.asce.org/code-of-ethics/

There's a special place in hell for suppliers or contractors that intentionally provide or use sub-standard materials or cut corners.

8. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a civil engineer and keeping contractors honest is the biggest pain in the ass. Even if what they want to do is a good idea and will save money, you have to be on them that the client should see a reduced cost or they can fuck off and follow the plans to the letter.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I can only imagine what herding those cats must be like.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I bet the exchanges aren’t very.... civil?

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lol, I was JUST having that conversation with a contractor foreman yesterday. I was explaining all the CQA testing and surveying of flexible membrane liner that has to be done (impermeable plastic) for things like sludge ponds, landfills, etc. I said, 99.9 percent of the time, we don't have to come back and know the panel numbers, find any destruct testing or any of that. If there are minor repairs, they just get fixed, irrespective of the panel location. The testing and surveying is just to keep the liner contractors and laborers from cheating. Because, they will. Every single laborer on the job site with an extrusion welder would lie and cut corners if they weren't being tested.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Just got a bottle of "Liquid Ass" off amazon.

Time to see how long I can make it go blaming the smell on the dog and our infant.

This might make my wife puke.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It will make any human with a sense of smell puke. It is the smell of shit. Nothing else. The only thing worse is rotting meat.

You spray that horrendous concoction in your house, enjoy your hotel room for the next two days. It will clear a city bus on the next stop.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Anybody who likes to cut corners while building something should be given the “Ludovico Treatment” from Clockwork Orange and forced to watch the documentary about that skywalk collapsing at the Hyatt Regency. Watch a couple hundred people get flattened like a cheap pizza.

....Over and over until you stop putting in cold fucking welds. GODDAMN IT.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Oh I'm very familiar! My wife and I used to each have a bottle and fuck with each other with it, but that was years ago so I think she's forgotten how easy it is to deploy.

My favorite liquid ass prank though was when we poured an entire bottle of it onto a pair of my boxers and hid it in the back seat of my buddy's jeep. His wife was in on the joke (so we didn't get completely murdered). Dude's jeep smelled like that shit for about a week.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I would drug you and shave a swatztika into the back of your head for that.

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I got the title for my Z28 today and I'm thrilled....I couldn't ask for a better pedigree for the car. ( Of course I immediately googled the past owners name. I found his obituary from February of this year, so I was able to put together a bit of a timeline. )

He bought the car when it was a year old in 1997 with 9K on it. It looks like it was a retirement gift to himself....he retired in 1997 at 52. He owned a small farm on a paved road and had numerous other vehicles and a garage, so I'm guessing this was his nice weather toy since it only has 100K now. He owned the car from the ages 52-72, so the chances this thing hasn't been driven hard are pretty good as are the chances that it very well maintained.

Now I just can't wait to get my hands on it, which is probably still a couple of weeks away because of work.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Sounds like you got yourself a good score. Congrats!

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. That's the kind of history you dream of finding with a used performance car....I'm stoked.

Have I mentioned that even with shipping I'm going to be under $4K into it? Double score.

20. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a little hard to judge distance, but I'm mildly surprised that they were standing so close to that wall. The force behind those retaining bolts must have been intense, I wonder how fast the heads were shooting off and how far they went?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.