Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NAME YOURSELF [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Apr 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

... are THESE your missing testicles, my good sir?

C2BCB1FF-4F2F-4AEF-BA7E-1FCAE3FBDF20.jpeg

2. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I've know this kid since he was barely walking. It's exciting to have watched his dreams take shape and then come true. If all the kids in our lives had such success with their dreams, it would be incredible.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

4. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ha. I made a comment which I meant to basically say “it’s on the TV when I’m in the room, and have no interest in watching anything else so I don’t care, and because I’m a musician I pay more attention than most would while I’m on my phone.”
    But you turned it around on me, making it seem like I have no testicles. Hilarious!

5. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If the magician was holding a purse it would be more effective.

6. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's ok, @NatCH. I watched it when my wife made me, too. I even found myself rooting for people. Thankfully, she lost interest a long time ago. Now she makes me watch The Masked Singer. Or, I should say she does when the kid lets us have the remote.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

you watch a lot of paw patrol too?

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I watch a fuck-load of Paw Patrol. I can’t escape it.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

A man of taste I see. My son has a paw patrol desk that is within reaching distance of my home office desk right now

10. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Most of us here are old and married, we do what the fuck our kids and wives tell us, mostly. I struggle to trust a man that says otherwise. I'm eyeballing you, @Crown Royal.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My wife knows it’s best not to make me watch a show she likes, because I’ll make fun of it, and the people I see on screen. It’s what’s necessary when you’re watching something terrible. How many more years is Ice-T going to act all street-shocked that perverts like to have sex with kids?

He wrote Cop Killer by the way, always a great one.

12. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The DVR and Netflix helped me out a lot. Before it, I got stuck watching shit like Idol when it was on, if I was inside the house. Now, we chose something we both will enjoy.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My daughter can’t go to bed unless all of her PP dogs are perfectly lined up on her dresser. I’m considering adoption.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Once she saw what “Spartacus” was like she never tried to get into a show that I liked again, it borderline traumatized her ass. There’s lots of movies we like, but for shows there are very, VERY few. She likes things narrated by Bill Kurtis. I like cable shows with maximum fuck-uppedness.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My daughter got into those Disney baby dolls, the ones with the giant Anime eyes. Never touched them, nothing. Just needed to have them staring at her from across the room with their weird eyes.

16. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think my wife and I watch a handful of shows together. She has a few that she watches herself (This is Us primarily) and I have 4-5 that I watch without her. Buddy of mine was mentioning about how he watches The Bachelor. I asked why he'd torture himself like that and he said "well, she watches Forged in Fire with me so it's only fair." That's fucking stupid. They're both 60 minute shows. Watch dudes make knives while she watches some bullshit dating show. Easy as pie. "No man, she wouldn't go for that" What the fuck? Why not?!

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

My husband does this shit. He has ruined a few guilty pleasures. I used to enjoy The Office until he broke down all the reasons why Pam and Jim suck. Now the show just annoys me. He also planted the seed of ''isn't Louise kind of a bully?'' But I will love Bob's Burgers until I'm rotting on the ground.

We share a big overlap of interest so there is plenty to watch together. There's a few shows I passively watched at first but got into as time went on, like The Expanse. He has learned not to put on history documentaries when we are having TV time because I will bitch the whole time. Never really liked Rome either but he loves that one.

18. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My Other had a habit of watching Black Mirror right before bed. I gave up after the first 2 seasons because it stressed me out too much. That kind of fucked up was just a little too real/plausible to me. So I would watch some nice relaxing PBS Masterpiece period drama, and he would watch Black Mirror and then laugh maniacally at the end. So that show became unsettling to me regardless of whether or not I actually watched it.

19. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For the parents on here looking for something the kids will like that's also enjoyable for them, look no further than Bluey.

Each episode is 7 minutes long (making it a great "ok, one more before bed" show), the mom and dad characters are relatable and, dare I say, funny, and it's just really well made and well written. It makes paw patrol and puppy dog pals and pretty much any other current kids dog-centric show look like a pile of shit.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My kid also watches Waffles & Mochi on Netflix, which is far-leftist propaganda brought to you by Michelle Obama. Just kidding, it’s actually kind of a cool show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.