Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] MOVIE NIGHT [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jun 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy National Movie night. @Crown Royal , Mr Movie Buff, now is your time to shine. What's on the menu for tonight?

Tonight I'll probably be watching an episode of the Boys, which isn't a movie, but the episodes are long and it's some quality watchin'. I'm counting it.

Per google, Charlize Theron is the highest paid actress in the US. She'll be the thread mascot.

[​IMG]

I tried to find a shot recipe for the thread, but when I search for 'movie star shot' I just got pictures of Alec Baldwin....

I have a busy rest of the day of baking cookies and making several trays of enchiladas for a work lunch tomorrow. Not a bad way to spend the day, honestly. I didn't get the company CC until now, and now I'm waiting for the bebe to wake so we can go to the grocery store. Hopefully I don't get rained on. What's your vote, shredded chicken or ground turkey?

Happy Friday, idiots. Be safe.

2. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Always shredded chicken.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Shredded chicken all day. Ground turkey is yucky in all its forms.

I’m not watching a movie tonight either. We’re binging Barry on HBO and then we’ll fire up season 3 of the The Boys when that’s done.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yeah I kinda thought shredded chicken was more popular. This just confirms that I made the right decision.

5. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ground turkey is the celery of protein.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

To quote @Revengeofthenerds , season your food like you're cooking for a smoker. It's just a vehicle for all the other shit I put in the food. I think it's better than chicken. Ground chicken vs ground turkey, whole breasts, all of it. Yet chicken is the default poultry.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I was just about to comment how I've never heard of ground turkey enchiladas and there's probably a reason for that.

I want my protein to add something to the dish, not be a vehicle for the other stuff. Turkey burgers just taste like seasoning to me and whatever else is in them. Chicken enchiladas can be excellent. For my money, beef or especially cheese is where it's at, but I've had some good chicken and spinach ones too.

I kinda agree with @Clutch, but I would say that celery has a lot more natural flavor. Imo turkey is a lot more like tofu. Turkey is to proteins what golf is to sports: technically correct, but still bland as fuck.

8. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, it's weird that y'all are talking about this.

I have some ground turkey (given to me by a friend a couple of weeks ago), that I was literally going to make about twenty minutes ago.
    When I opened it, I could tell it had gone bad. Shit.

But according to what y'all are saying, I'm not missing out on much.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

theres a reason your friend gave it to you instead of having it himself.

when all the panic buying started during the great Covid toilet paper shortage, all the red meat was picked over at the local HEB but the ground turkey was still very much available. My wife bought like a 3 lbs package we finally threw out of the freezer a few months ago to make room. Even during a global pandemic the locals won’t fuck with that shit

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I make a ground turkey and bean chili. Super easy way to get a meal of lean protein and veggies.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

This is about the only excuse I think there is for people to eat turkey. If you absolutely have to have a super lean meat, then by all means go for the flavorless foul.

But beans in the chili? That is simply unacceptable.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Sounds like a super easy way to be disappointed.

13. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was a reference to Ron Swanson's review of frozen yogurt.

I appreciate ground turkey for being cheap, I can still get it for $2/lb here, but it's way better as a filler mixed 50/50 with ground pork or ground beef.

14. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Huh, I completely agree with choosing shredded chicken, but turkey has a stronger taste to me than chicken does. Which is why I'd rather have chicken.

15. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have no idea what you all are eating, but it isn't turkey if it's bland.

16. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You’re thinking of tofu

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I dunno y'all, turkey is the almost exclusive meat I cook and I like it. Adding fish sauce makes it (and vegetarian dishes) taste....meatier.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

glutamate has the same effect

So… you have to add fish liquid to make something taste like what it’s supposed to?

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I quite like turkey. Our butcher has great turkey breasts for sale (skin on) that are fantastic when roasted and then braised in a chicken stock with some vegetables.

Way more flavourful than chicken. But I'd never grind it.

I find chicken is a pretty "bland" meat that will easily take on the flavours that you add to it. Fairly neutral. Much like rice.

20. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Turkey and chicken are good if used properly. Chicken can have a sulfur odor, but other than that it’s a great vehicle for a variety of recipes for the very reason that it is bland. In our house we have chicken Parmesan, chicken paprikash, chicken cordon bleu, grilled chicken, shredded chicken for tacos and chicken Caesar salad, to name a few.

Not to derail our fascinating discussion of poultry recipes, but it’s 11:30 on a Friday night and I’m still dealing with a work issue.

I’ve been with this company 27 years, we do over 3 billion dollars in business a year, and if you select several business lines on our web site my name will pop up. And there is no way I’m getting paid enough for any of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.