Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] MOTHERS DAY WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Both are card-carrying Cult movies, that is a fact.

Here’s a question: what are the NEW cult movies? I mean, there’s ones that were cult films the second they were created like The Room or Birdemic because they’re ridiculous. I think New Jack City should be a cult movie, and I can’t believe that it hasn’t yet become one. Mario Van Peebles made this movie with serious intentions. It is now an unintentional RIOT. You really have to treat yourself and re-watch this two-hour music video, a carnival of caricatures and cliches with a huge cast of familiar faces. Right from the opening shot, it makes “Streets Of Fire” look like Goodfellas. Hilarious, a healthy dose of people watching this movie back in the day thought this is what “The Street” was like. And the court jester clothes... my God I’m crying here.

...That’s not a knock on Streets Of Fire. That movie is fucking amazing.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

New Jack City is a good one. That movie is so weird. Peebles tried to make it about how nobody cares about poor black people being victimized by their environment, but the result was just absurd. I still watch it every time I see it on. Rock-a-Bye Baby.

Another is Cabin in the Woods. That movie is legitimately awesome.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Cabin In The Woods is a movie where every horror fan wishes they directed it, and always have an opinion on what changes they would have made.

I would not have introduced or hinted at the “control room” until long into the movie. I think it would have been better to troll the audience with a generic horror movie before all the everything-but-the-kitchen-sink chaos happens.

...a fucking unicorn, dude?

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When New Jack City came out, I was living in an area of Georgia where about 50% of the population was white, about 50% black. There were two movie theatres in town. One was in a predominantly black area. I went to see it there on opening night, standing in line for tickets for about an hour, and my date and I were the only white people in the theatre. It was awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.