Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] MOTHERS DAY WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just watched "Kill Bill: Vol. 2" again, and Michael Madsen would make a phenomenal Donald Trump in the inevitable film about his presidency.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude is a little too gruff. Trump has that odd spastic energy outside of the roles Madsen usually plays.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The most important factor is whether or not he’s a Lee Marvin fan.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Go figure, one of the few times I have neither a knife nor gun on me is the time I run across a 5-foot snake making its way into my sister's yard. Grabbed it by the tail until they were able to arrive with something suitable to dispatch it with.

Happy mother's day y'all!!!

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

In light of all the snakes, figured it was a good excuse to go get a heavier revolver for some CCI shells (they're like rat shot). So I went out and got a .38 special/.357 Magnum (Taurus 605 Protector, specifically).

Walked in the front door, put the new gun and ammo on the counter, then let the little dogs outside to piss. Where they immediately freaked the fuck out, because there was a snake not 3 feet from the back of the patio. Guess who did the fastest unboxing ever?

I think that takes the award for the shortest time between purchase of a firearm and it's first kill (maybe 30-45 min at the store, another 15 home; all told, under an hour from me browsing to me exterminating a snake).

6. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can’t imagine living in a world where I would need a .357 Magnum to kill wildlife on my property.

I salute your gumption.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

.357 using .38 special shotshells. Those, when shot out of a revolver, effectively turn a handgun into a small and very limited-range shotgun. Here's a quick video showing how they work:

In the video he's actually using the same make and model of pistol I just got, as well as the same manufacturer of shotshell (though those are kinda a CCI-made or nothing proposition).

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah but you’re still using a .357 to shoot snakes. Instead of just bonking them with a shovel or something.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Just shot another one. I was taking out the trash after I posted that, and stupid fucker was right behind my wife's car. Second one measured right under 6 ft in length.

Let me ask you, if there's a 6 foot snake in front of you, would you rather use a shovel, or stand back 10 feet and shoot it? The CCI shotshells are incredibly useful for their designed purpose (pest control). In the video I posted, you can see that they only penetrate a few inches into ballistics gel at most. No way I'm trying to shoot a moving snake with a single bullet, probably just piss it off more than anything. But with some ratshot... yeah, it's a useful tool.

#29 Revengeofthenerds, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  10. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Personally, I'd just leave it be. Or if anything, move it away from the house. They're nature's own pest control.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Usually, yes. Snakes are generally great to have around (except poisonous ones like rattlers, coral snakes, cotton mouths etc.). But when they get into our yard area they become a danger to our pets and children and have to be eliminated. Snakes aren't smart. You can't move them away and be like "ok, now you stay there and don't come back now ya' heard?" If they go into your yard once and show they aren't scared of the cat and dogs, they'll do it again.

12. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Sure someone didn't just drop a bag of these when they got out of the car?

[​IMG]

13. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    When I drove a semi I used to carry a .22 Derringer loaded with rat shot. I always figured if someone got close enough that needed shooting, the last thing he would remember seeing when he had eyes was a funny little gun that he probably laughed at.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

That’s both hilarious and a good idea. A lot more effective than aerosol mace that will spray back on you as well.

They make derringer-style pistols now that are chambered for .410/.45LC/.45 ACP. I imagine those would be a lot more effective, but would serve the same purpose.

15. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a 4 foot black snake go thru my yard last year.

I dispatched it using a shotgun and hatchet.

I put it on FB to see if anyone could recognize what kind. Apparently it’s a rat snake that’s non poisonous and I got flack for killing it.

Like I’m gonna let my kids play with a 4 foot snake in the backyard just because it’s non poisonous.

16. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Some of the “animal rights” bullshit on social media is unbearable. I put it in quotes because there are really delusional people who have a one size fits all policy on killing animals, which doesn’t match up with the realities of life.

Yeah, don’t kill shit for no other reason than to kill something, I think we can all agree with that sentiment. But there’s a time and place where something has to die. That place is my backyard, and that time is when my kids are playing back there.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I’m nodding in agreement, while watching vultures devour the 12 feet of rat snake I left for them in our driveway. Circle of life. Those birds are fascinating to watch.

18. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched Highlander last night, because I had never seen it and 80s cheese is fun.

The main dude looked so much like Thomas Jane it was weird. Also, that would be an awesome remake. Also also Sean Connery as a Spaniard...in Scotland....the fucking fuck?

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s an R-rated movie directed at twelve year olds. Because it’s one of those movies when you watch it as an adult you’re like “What the FUCK was I thinking, pretending this movie was cool?”

...and Thomas Jane is not always Christopher Lambert. He’s sonetimes James Purefoy:
    8AE9D808-3580-4C70-916F-5FF1D7AC0179.png

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

As far as Sean Connery movies go, Id rather watch Zardoz than Highlander.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.